Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

At 2pm today in office this is what is suppoed to happen.

2pm supervisor relieves 6am supervisor. 10am supervisor waits until managers have done hand over then goes on break.

Today this happens.

2pm supervisor comes in 10am supervisor goes on break leaving 6am supervisor working past his paid time. Fuming 6am supervisor points out this is wrong and gets made to feel guilty for even having the temerity to even mention it, then gets accused of CRYING about 5 minutes. No mention of anything happening to 10am supervisor

Yep I was that 6am supervisor

My new housemate.

Now obviously I'm not easy to live with because I'm annoyed by these things, but I just want to vent.

He sits with his bare feet up on the couch. Now it's fine when they're pointed away from me, but when they're touching my xbox controller etc, it's a little jarring. Then when he gets up there's all this dead skin left on the couch which he duly brushes onto the floor.

He brought one of my dumbbells from my room into the living room and scrapes the pointy end of it across the couch everytime he picks it up.

He's not able to make a cup of tea.

He provides commentary on any sports he watches on the TV. Even if he has no clue about the rules or what constitutes good play. Or if he's playing a game he'll commentate on what's happening there aswell. As I lived on my own for the past 4 years, I can do without constant sound in the apartment. I would happily have weekends where we say a work to each other.

I have my suspicions that he broke the door on the fridge. He moved in two weeks ago and all of a sudden the fridge creaks when it opens. Could be coincidence or could be him hanging out of the fridge or opening it too wide. I'm going to have to assume it's coincidence.

He'll make hot chocolate and not rinse the cup meaning the chocolate just cakes in at the bottom of the cup and needs to be soaked. For the most part he cooks and I clean, but when he does clean he does such a shitty job I have to do a lot of it again. Pieces of spinach in the saucepans and large chunks of jam stuck to the knives.

That's it generally for the moment. I think I'll need to call a house meeting about this stuff. Worst part is he's in his thirties and probably should know better.

My new housemate.

Now obviously I'm not easy to live with because I'm annoyed by these things, but I just want to vent.

He sits with his bare feet up on the couch. Now it's fine when they're pointed away from me, but when they're touching my xbox controller etc, it's a little jarring. Then when he gets up there's all this dead skin left on the couch which he duly brushes onto the floor.

He brought one of my dumbbells from my room into the living room and scrapes the pointy end of it across the couch everytime he picks it up.

He's not able to make a cup of tea.

He provides commentary on any sports he watches on the TV. Even if he has no clue about the rules or what constitutes good play. Or if he's playing a game he'll commentate on what's happening there aswell. As I lived on my own for the past 4 years, I can do without constant sound in the apartment. I would happily have weekends where we say a work to each other.

I have my suspicions that he broke the door on the fridge. He moved in two weeks ago and all of a sudden the fridge creaks when it opens. Could be coincidence or could be him hanging out of the fridge or opening it too wide. I'm going to have to assume it's coincidence.

He'll make hot chocolate and not rinse the cup meaning the chocolate just cakes in at the bottom of the cup and needs to be soaked. For the most part he cooks and I clean, but when he does clean he does such a shitty job I have to do a lot of it again. Pieces of spinach in the saucepans and large chunks of jam stuck to the knives.

That's it generally for the moment. I think I'll need to call a house meeting about this stuff. Worst part is he's in his thirties and probably should know better.

Just tell the word removed. He'll continue to do it otherwise. Cant abide people like that. 

and that my friends is why I am perfectly happy to be continuously skint knowing that I can take comfort in my own sanctuary of silence every night

I would much rather live on my own with no money than have money and have to tolerate someone

Banksy is OK. But 99% of graffiti is a **** eyesore, and those responsible should be strung up by their knackers on barbed wire. After cleaning it all off. 

Graffiti: Generally good.

Tags: Nearly always bad, get a life you miserable little shits.

To me, Banksy's work is just graffiti with a stencil, anyone could do it. Like that awful Tracey Emin, her work really is a load of crap but she still sells it for obscene amounts of money but what is it? a messy bed and a tent with some posters stuck on the inside.

They're not exactly a Rembrandt masterpiece.

• Like 1

Banksy is OK. But 99% of graffiti is a **** eyesore, and those responsible should be strung up by their knackers on barbed wire. After cleaning it all off. 

To me, Banksy's work is just graffiti with a stencil, anyone could do it. Like that awful Tracey Emin, her work really is a load of crap but she still sells it for obscene amounts of money but what is it? a messy bed and a tent with some posters stuck on the inside.

They're not exactly a Rembrandt masterpiece.

Well we're a celeb-worshipping lot, so once an artist is well-known their stuff sells, regardless of merit.

As someone with impeccable taste (ha ha), I declare that you're wrong about Banksy but right about Emin.

Obviously not all Banksy's stuff is genius, but a lot of it is very funny, clever and well-executed.

Now that we've got photography, the need for artists who can recreate an image perfectly is past. In fact you can date the rise of impressionism to the period when photography was becoming established. Everyone thinks of Van Gogh as looking like his self-portraits, but in fact there are several photographs of him (you may have known this all along, but I didn't until recently).

Art has become more about ideas, for better or worse.

At 2pm today in office this is what is suppoed to happen.

2pm supervisor relieves 6am supervisor. 10am supervisor waits until managers have done hand over then goes on break.

Today this happens.

2pm supervisor comes in 10am supervisor goes on break leaving 6am supervisor working past his paid time. Fuming 6am supervisor points out this is wrong and gets made to feel guilty for even having the temerity to even mention it, then gets accused of CRYING about 5 minutes. No mention of anything happening to 10am supervisor

Yep I was that 6am supervisor

Was it just 5 minutes? I'd wouldn't have a fuss over 5 minutes.

I'd have got even :twisted:

To me, Banksy's work is just graffiti with a stencil, anyone could do it.

But that's the thing about art isn't it?

Anyone COULD do it. But he DID do it.

It's one thing to look at somethign and say "i could do that". Yeah you could. But you didn't.

Coming up with the idea is 90% of the battle.

I like some of Banksy's stuff. Some of it has gotten tacky already, but I still like it.

I've even got one of these on the wall in my lounge (although mine's smaller so she doesn't look like a giant)

Interiors+Valentine+-+Banksy+Balloon+Gir

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Wot Stevo sed.

It just doesn't work like that, saying "I could do that". I write a bit of poetry and when I tell people they often give me a little look as if to say "don't we all". That's until I read it and whilst they understand the structure and the imagery used most will concede they don't have the skill to construct it.

It's called having a talent. That's not me blowing my own trumpet, I'm certain most of us have one. It just so happens Banksy's talent is making a metaphorical point using graffiti art. He's very prolific at it and very lucky with his timing, he's great at PR and he's made a heck of a lot of money from it.

Good luck to the lad.

• Like 1

Thats the thing though. Bansky is not a creative genius, he's certainly not an artist. He has moderate talent ie. creating the stencil in the first place (I couldn't do that) but the actual execution is pretty easy. The clever trick is the anonymity and the PR management that has followed it. That is his genius. He's the KISS of the artworld. (Obviously before they "unmasked") and as soon as people stop giving a shit he'll reveal himself, and do a couple more that he will profit from before heading back underground. I'd also be royally pissed off if he did that to my house/shop/office whatever and would instantly paint over the ****.

I'll tell you what pisses me off. My crap version of IE at work that no longer formats my posts properly, refuses to display the emoticons key, and directs me to the "mobile" version of most websites because its a sack of unmitigated shite.

I'd also be royally pissed off if he did that to my house/shop/office whatever and would instantly paint over the ****.

It would increase the price of your property. One work sold for £200k and the buyer had to pay to replace the owner's wall as well.

I don't know how you even begin to define "art", but whatever it is, Banksy definitely qualifies. Overrated, overhyped etc possibly. Actually definitely.

Doesn't mean it's not art, though.

• Like 1

Â