Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've taken a day off work today, I've got quite a bad cold. I feel as if I could still go to work, but it would be disgusting for everyone else, and I didn't sleep at all last night, so decided to take the day off. My nose is streaming and I feel pretty groggy but I could still work, I think. I feel damn guilty for not going into work because I know that someone else will have to cover my workload today.

Anyone else take a day off work for a bad (man flu style) cold?

I went out about 5 years without a day off ill but i've been off twice in 6 weeks! First was 2 days with some bug I picked up in Egypt. I was shitting through the eye of a needle. More recently, a couple of days with a cold/flu. I usually hate being off with that but it really knocked me about. Someone picked my work up but I pick theirs up when they are ill so it evens itself out. Don't feel guilty.

I went out about 5 years without a day off ill but i've been off twice in 6 weeks! First was 2 days with some bug I picked up in Egypt. I was shitting through the eye of a needle. More recently, a couple of days with a cold/flu. I usually hate being off with that but it really knocked me about. Someone picked my work up but I pick theirs up when they are ill so it evens itself out. Don't feel guilty.

Cheers, that makes me feel better about it. Just that niggling feeling.

I read a few years ago that the average sick days per worker per year was about 7 or 8 or something like that. It's slightly higher for the public sector than the private.

Obviously the average would take into account 'long term sick' I think.

Girls who smile at me and constantly message me on Facebook, then when I ask them if they want to hang out they say they're not looking for a relationship. What the **** <_<

Just tell them that you aren't looking for a relationship either... you just want to smash their backs doors in! Regain the upper hand from the cock teasing woman! Be an alpha male ;)

I have an Asian friend who flew with them and was just looking at the pictures on facebook ... the sick bags and evacuation plans are Hello Kitty style , it even has hello kitty self service check in counters .....

It's just so wrong .... and yet they fly to Guam and I've fancied going there so something keeps telling me i should book it ....

I have an Asian friend who flew with them and was just looking at the pictures on facebook ... the sick bags and evacuation plans are Hello Kitty style , it even has hello kitty self service check in counters .....

It's just so wrong .... and yet they fly to Guam and I've fancied going there so something keeps telling me i should book it ....

I think only a small handful of their fleet (maybe 2 - 3 planes) are decked out in the Hello Kitty style. The rest are just bog standard Eva Air (777's I think). I've been close to flying with them to Bangkok a couple of times as they are only one of a handful of airlines that fly there direct from Heathrow.

Edit: just looked in more detail and there is a Taipei - Guam flight in Hello Kitty livery!

Â