Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I absolutely hate queuing, I've been known to walk into the supermarket, see a few people in the queue and drive somewhere else, wouldn't catch me waiting 5 minutes for a potato, never mind how long these idiots are standing there for

Free potato though innit? Yeah it might cost £50 in fuel to get there from Skegness, and waste a full day, but a free tatty!

I wouldn't queue an hour for a free jacket potato even if it came with a free wank off a Max Power grid girl.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wouldn't queue an hour for a free jacket potato even if it came with a free wank off a Max Power grid girl.

A mate of mine was asking if this is what was on offer in Tamworth today? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just popped to Tamworth, this fella offered me a handy. 

max+power.jpg

Not saying people from the Wirral are strange or anything but his parents named him after their dog

Just now, Xela said:

Really annoyed that I fancy a jacket potato with chicken curry now. 

Probably get one delivered on justeat for about £15

and it’ll arrive cold

• Haha 1

I'm so annoyed. Really really gutted. 

Oasis Tandoori in Shirley has closed.  Chef and owner retired. 

I grew up in Hall Green and The Ghandi was my curry house and it was imperious. I was gutted when that closed down and went literally on a 10 year search for a new place. I tried restaurant after restaurant after restaurant. Must have used pretty much every one in South Birmingham.

My brother actually discovered Oasis. It really has been the closest thing I've found since The Ghandi.  Had to try Shirley Spice tonight as an emergency option. Haven't used it in about 8 years and it was every bit as average as it was then. 

I've got to start my search again. What a pain in the arse. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Probably get one delivered on justeat for about £15

and it’ll arrive cold

Slight segue from the spuds, but i've never used those food delivery companies, and i never will. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Slight segue from the spuds, but i've never used those food delivery companies, and i never will. 

But think of the convenience. I think you're just being lazy not using them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've lived in Tamworth nearly all my life, and this potato man is the closest thing to a celeb the town has ever produced. I'm really pleased for 'spud man' that he's doing so well.

But for the life of me I don't know why you'd queue more than a few minutes for a spud. And what really annoys me is that over a million people subscribe to his channel. On making spuds. In Tamworth. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are up for next year's Darwin awards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I've lived in Tamworth nearly all my life, and this potato man is the closest thing to a celeb the town has ever produced.

Julian Cope

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I've lived in Tamworth nearly all my life, and this potato man is the closest thing to a celeb the town has ever produced.

Those Packington Pigs were good for a bit, though, weren’t they? 

Oh and then there was Coton Green, that my brother told me was named after Tony Coton. 

I was an impressionable child. 

20 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I've lived in Tamworth nearly all my life, and this potato man is the closest thing to a celeb the town has ever produced. I'm really pleased for 'spud man' that he's doing so well.

I was more shocked to see he has 9 children! 

His own business, 9 kids, and will be dialysis for the rest of his life after 3 kidney transplants. He must be knackered!

• Shocked 1

We decided last week that we'd get a takeaway tonight, but fancied something a bit different. We decided on a place to order from, and the plan was I order as I leave to pick up my girlfriend. She sends me her order, I go to order it, 'we don't deliver to your address'. Shit.

I look at alternatives, find a couple, text her and explain, she checks out the alternatives, picks the one I thought was best thankfully, gives me the new order, I go to order it, in the 5 minutes between her sending me her order and me going to order it the place stopped taking orders. Sigh. Right... Check the other option, they have a very slightly different menu. Decide I'm not texting her again, I'll pick her up and tell her the situation and make sure she's happy with the alternative menu. Which she is. So I order from the third place and, thank ****, the order goes through. Yay. On the downside the reason I order before leaving is to make the most of the time we're together, by ordering once we're together we lose time.

The order says it'll take up to 50 minutes. Not great, but options are limited.

50 minutes sail by. The expected delivery time disappears. An update is sent. It's going to be another half hour. Right... Another half hour goes by. Getting pissed I request an update. It'll be with you shortly. Right... 2hrs after ordering it turns up. Wasn't even good.

Fate didn't want us to order that food.

Â