Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The school my children go to now has a lockdown protocol which is understandable, the problem is it absolutely terrifies them when it is implemented.

Twice in the last few weeks they believed there was potentially an intruder on site so they kick it off. Lock the doors, push the desks against the door. Lights off and sit in silence under the desks. They naturally fear the worst and it scares them to death.

I understand they need something in place but it does seem a bit extreme for this country where school incidents are incredibly rare.

I didn't realise the holiday to Florida was actually you moving out there.

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I didn't realise the holiday to Florida was actually you moving out there.

In the US you’d accept it as a way of life but they seem to have based the UK lockdown on the high likelihood of it being a live shooter.

A few years back I did do a lot of research into moving out there, but the guns and school situation was something I just couldn’t look beyond. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

The school my children go to now has a lockdown protocol which is understandable, the problem is it absolutely terrifies them when it is implemented.

Twice in the last few weeks they believed there was potentially an intruder on site so they kick it off. Lock the doors, push the desks against the door. Lights off and sit in silence under the desks. They naturally fear the worst and it scares them to death.

I understand they need something in place but it does seem a bit extreme for this country where school incidents are incredibly rare.

That seems absolutely mental :(

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

That seems absolutely mental :(

They should have a basic tier of “maybe something is up”, stay in your class rooms and keep working until we say otherwise and then if a confirmed threat full lockdown of locked doors, lights off etc.

2 false alarms and they’ve been terrified both times. Police turn up in numbers too. It’s really OTT for an unconfirmed report of an intruder on site.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

They should have a basic tier of “maybe something is up”, stay in your class rooms and keep working until we say otherwise and then if a confirmed threat full lockdown of locked doors, lights off etc.

2 false alarms and they’ve been terrified both times. Police turn up in numbers too. It’s really OTT for an unconfirmed report of an intruder on site.

Was this Rawlett by any chance? I know they had one a couple of weeks ago, my lad attends and told me. If it's not then that's two schools in Tamworth in recent weeks going into lockdown.

Maybe this should piss me off, maybe it's just me getting old.

Using initials for seemingly random phrases. I read on twitter that someone felt "Declan Rice is the best DM itw" and I suppose the fact I'm not annoyed by 'DM' is why this shouldn't piss me off. In football we know what DM is.. but why 'in the World' as 'itw'!? Might as well say "Declan Rice itb DM itw"? 

• Like 2

In a vaguely related way, TV adverts with estuary-speaking voiceovers that say (e.g.) "Only two nine nine" for £299.00, instead of "Only two hundred and ninety-nine Pounds". 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In a vaguely related way, TV adverts with estuary-speaking voiceovers that say (e.g.) "Only two nine nine" for £299.00, instead of "Only two hundred and ninety-nine Pounds". 

Oh god yeah! 

See also 299£

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Can I join in with too cool coffee shops that display prices with a single decimal point.

Espresso 2.7

Flat White 3.2

Oh my god. Yes. I once spent ages in a posh bar trying to work out if I was looking at prices or beer strength. JUST WHY? 

Maybe if I stopped wearing socks and grew a bushy beard I'd get it more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh my god. Yes. I once spent ages in a posh bar trying to work out if I was looking at prices or beer strength. JUST WHY? 

Maybe if I stopped wearing socks and grew a bushy beard I'd get it more. 

They had those prices delivered

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Maybe this should piss me off, maybe it's just me getting old.

Using initials for seemingly random phrases. I read on twitter that someone felt "Declan Rice is the best DM itw" and I suppose the fact I'm not annoyed by 'DM' is why this shouldn't piss me off. In football we know what DM is.. but why 'in the World' as 'itw'!? Might as well say "Declan Rice itb DM itw"? 

Agreed,

KR

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Football. I know it sounds like i'm being an entitled prick, but it would have been nice to go top, even for one day. 

We've been amazing all year, so the above shouldn't piss me off, but does. I feel annoyed with myself for being disappointed. 

We all knew it would happen. The only suprise is Archer didn't score the winner. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Football. I know it sounds like i'm being an entitled prick, but it would have been nice to go top, even for one day. 

We've been amazing all year, so the above shouldn't piss me off, but does. I feel annoyed with myself for being disappointed. 

The problem would be if we’d have gone top, it would have just made the reactions when we didn’t finish top even more extreme.

Â