Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Especially when they use the Chinese year. It's unfair to point out that Scott Hogan was born in the year of the donkey. Uncalled for. 

I agree,its also unfair to say that SG was born in the year of the Dodo

• Haha 1

I've got a @Chindie-esque situation similar to jigsaw-gate. 

WFH yesterday, and about 2pm, I go out to put my rubbish in the bins outside. As I'm walking down the stairs, I see a bunch of keys on the doormat of the flat beneath me. I pick up and rattle the door... no answer. They must have dropped them on the way out. I take the keys back to mine, write them a note explaining I have them and blue-tac it to their front door. Fine. I was expecting that they would come round later that day. Nope. Nothing last night, and nothing today, so far. Over 24 hours later. 

Now, I need to go out this evening for a bit and also tomorrow to do a few errands. I suddenly feel as though I have a duty of care for these keys. Pus i'll be out all day at the office a couple of days next week. Its annoyed me more than it should! 

Thing is, I don't know who lives downstairs, as mad as it sounds. Every time I see someone, its a different face! 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Thing is, I don't know who lives downstairs, as mad as it sounds. Every time I see someone, its a different face!

Crack den. You spoiled their signalling system, and now you're a marked man. Be afraid... 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Crack den. You spoiled their signalling system, and now you're a marked man. Be afraid... 

I'll take a quiet crack den over noisy neighbours!

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Whore house?

I don't think so! Never been any bother there. Rumour is, that the flat is owned by a company and they put staff in there when they come up to the Midlands to work. Sounds feasible, as I know Goodyear own a couple of flats in a nearby development. Works out cheaper than hotel bills, plus they have an appreciating asset. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll take a quiet crack den over noisy neighbours!

I don't think so! Never been any bother there. Rumour is, that the flat is owned by a company and they put staff in there when they come up to the Midlands to work. Sounds feasible, as I know Goodyear own a couple of flats in a nearby development. Works out cheaper than hotel bills, plus they have an appreciating asset. 

Fair enough.

Take your note off their door and put the keys back where you found them. Suddenly the worry and shit you're becoming anxious about has vanished.   :P

What keys?

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've got a @Chindie-esque situation similar to jigsaw-gate. 

WFH yesterday, and about 2pm, I go out to put my rubbish in the bins outside. As I'm walking down the stairs, I see a bunch of keys on the doormat of the flat beneath me. I pick up and rattle the door... no answer. They must have dropped them on the way out. I take the keys back to mine, write them a note explaining I have them and blue-tac it to their front door. Fine. I was expecting that they would come round later that day. Nope. Nothing last night, and nothing today, so far. Over 24 hours later. 

Now, I need to go out this evening for a bit and also tomorrow to do a few errands. I suddenly feel as though I have a duty of care for these keys. Pus i'll be out all day at the office a couple of days next week. Its annoyed me more than it should! 

@Chindie was right all along.

the-gift-of-knowledge-lance-geiger.gif

33 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I would swap one of the keys for a very similar looking one

I might let myself into the flat and do a shit in their fridge. 

• Haha 1

I used to face all the ornamental owls the wrong way, but that's a very specific type of person. 

Maybe you could do it with some blue drink cans and Staffordshire bull terrier ornaments.

I'm guessing those things because I'm insinuating you live in a very low class, common area.

That's amusing, isn't it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I used to face all the ornamental owls the wrong way, but that's a very specific type of person. 

Maybe you could do it with some blue drink cans and Staffordshire bull terrier ornaments.

I'm guessing those things because I'm insinuating you live in a very low class, common area.

That's amusing, isn't it? 

I have no retort as I currently have a can of 'Prime' in the fridge. 

That relegates me several social classes, to about the level of pond life. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Xela said:

I have no retort as I currently have a can of 'Prime' in the fridge. 

That relegates me several social classes, to about the level of pond life. 

My 8 year old would think you're pretty cool. 

Can I trust you not to bum him if I send him round to discuss the Prime in your fridge? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My 8 year old would think you're pretty cool. 

Can I trust you not to bum him if I send him round to discuss the Prime in your fridge? 

My 12 year old son is now well over the hype and people seen with Prime are now un-cool. Sorry @Xela

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Â