Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It's that time of year again where all those companies I have previously unsubscribed from (as in from their marketing emails) suddenly seem to have added me to more mailing lists.

Infuriating

Driving instructors, who decide the best way to teach their students to drive, is to put them right in the middle of rush hour traffic on main roads, even if they have no idea or confidence how to drive, I see it so much. I also have no idea how they obtain a licence to teach people to drive to be honest, although I might?

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Something something Gene Krupa. 

(I'm a Max Roach fan, myself). 

I was a big fan of Buddy and my dad took me to see him at Wolverhampton town hall not long before he died.

As as teenager I was quite into Peter Erskine & Dennis Chambers. This is a fun video of Dennis playing Tool :D🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I also have no idea how they obtain a licence to teach people to drive to be honest, although I might?

They get their licenses in Wolverhampton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I was a big fan of Buddy and my dad took me to see him at Wolverhampton town hall not long before he died.

Saw Buddy Rich at The Odeon in New Street; just frightening ! He gave a name check to Carl Palmer, his Mom was in the audience. Believe Buddy gave Mr Palmer drum lessons and was very impressed by his ability. Can see the similarities ; even the 'traditional' way he holds the sticks - as opposed to 'matched grip'. Have to say , he was a tad rude to a couple of his band members. Denis Chambers played with the mighty Steely Dan a couple of times.

Edited by veloman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

They get their licenses in Wolverhampton.

It was close to Wolvo actually (West brom), where one tried to kill me today, by pulling out onto a 50 mph road at 3mph, then maxing out 25mph.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyone want to chip in? I’m pissed off because I need to hire another…

Hide contents

… driving instructor who’ll do the job properly this time ;) 

Chip in for the brown envelope. In Wolvo you can be a taxi driver, driving instructor, or get some  planning permission for that over hanging monstrosity of a extension for a back hander, no worries. 🤣

Allegedly.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Driving instructors, who decide the best way to teach their students to drive, is to put them right in the middle of rush hour traffic on main roads, even if they have no idea or confidence how to drive, I see it so much. I also have no idea how they obtain a licence to teach people to drive to be honest, although I might?

This annoys me too. Not the rush hour but, the main road bit. 

When I learned to drive I was confined to quiet roads until I had proper control of the car. 

Then when we got to main roads I would constantly be told I had to go faster if I was driving significantly below the speed limit. 

If your student is driving at 12mph in a busy 30 zone, you should be making them speed up. If they can’t do that then they shouldn’t be on that road

• Like 3

Off to Kent at the weekend for a week. This doesn't piss me off, it's a week of relaxing and visiting places I haven't seen since the start of the 90s. What is pissing me off is my ankle is hurting from nowhere and I have a 4 hour drive on Saturday morning in a van with a very heavy clutch. 

I have a decent laptop that I use for music production, but I didn't want to use it for other stuff (genealogy, photography stuff, general home office work, etc.), so I bought a cheap'n'cheerful one. It's absolutely fine, does the job... but what dingbat thought it was a good idea to have light grey characters on silver keys? 

IMG20230705154646.jpg

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have a decent laptop that I use for music production, but I didn't want to use it for other stuff (genealogy, photography stuff, general home office work, etc.), so I bought a cheap'n'cheerful one. It's absolutely fine, does the job... but what dingbat thought it was a good idea to have light grey characters on silver keys? 

IMG20230705154646.jpg

Yeah that is fairly poor in fairness. No need for it. Style over function. Usually an Apple trait.

• Like 1

Â