Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Assuming its the fridge being filled with red wine. 

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

My initial gripe is on the previous page but that is a picture of a shop that has intentionally taken all of the white wine out of the fridge and replaced it with red

Oh. That doesn't look like a fridge to me. It looks like a shelf

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I put red wine in the fridge, I also put ice in it, as I do white wine and I do not give a **** about that. If it's good enough for the Greeks, it's good enough for me.

Greeks like Demis Roussos.

This IS like Abigail’s Party.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I put red wine in the fridge, I also put ice in it, as I do white wine and I do not give a **** about that. If it's good enough for the Greeks, it's good enough for me.

I'll ignore the ice bit and acknowledge that red win refrigerated can be acceptable, particularly in hot weather.  Had it before in Spain and it works.

However, for Asda to take all of the white wine and prosecco out and replace it entirely with red is just completely odd.  I thought it was an error at first but it's been like it for a month.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I'll ignore the ice bit and acknowledge that red win refrigerated can be acceptable, particularly in hot weather.  Had it before in Spain and it works.

However, for Asda to take all of the white wine and prosecco out and replace it entirely with red is just completely odd.  I thought it was an error at first but it's been like it for a month.

Without question, even for me who does it in the privacy of my own home, it would turn my head. I would store it near the ice, as they go together like ham and cheese or gravy and fish

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Chilled red, acceptable.

Watered down red.  What the **** are you actually doing?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Chilled red, acceptable.

Watered down red.  What the **** are you actually doing?

Sat in my pants drinking chilled wine with a big chunk of ice in it. My wines are large and consumed quickly. 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Red Sancerre chilled is ace.

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Sat in my pants drinking chilled wine with a big chunk of ice in it. 

Living the dream.

• Like 1

Stress at work.

My job is not very stressful. I have managed to get a career with as little stress as possible. Unfortunately though, I have to serve on the University search committee for a new faculty member in my department. There is always one word removed on every committee and there's one guy on this particular search who is driving me insane.

He is a whiny, argumentative, entitled little shit. In his emails he comes across as a millennial who has never been told no. The position we are hiring for will work in my department and barely do anything in his.  Committee work is meant to be a consensus and no-one gets to dominate proceedings. I hate stress!

• Sad 1

Â