Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Winning £2.80 on the Euromillions when you really wanted to become a millionaire!

So true. I just want to go and visit my relatives in a classic Rolls Royce Silver Shadow "Oh we'll have to come over and visit you and treat you like family, nothing to do with your sudden untold wealth" they'd say "Maybe you should have tried that at least once in the past 22 years" I'd reply.

Then over to visit my aunty's partner who is Cockney rocket polisher crossed with Loadsamoney and I'd borrow a line from Ric Flair, "My shoes cost more than your house" before dismissing his wine collection.

Then there is one cousin in particular who I'd see and say "I know you've been having some money problems since you lost your job, which lets be fair was your fault for getting caught helping yourself to the contents of the till, so here's what I've done for you... I've called the taxman to let him know you're now working cash in hand to avoid paying him!"

Oh I'd have some fun! Not that I daydream about this every Friday afternoon.

But in reality, another thing that annoys me is that seasons 1-3 of Sabrina the Teenage Witch are each on 4 discs and they manage to fit them all into a regular sized DVD box but seasons 4 and 5 (and possibly 6 and 7) are only 3 discs each and they stick them in a double sized DVD box. Why?

Winning £2.80 on the Euromillions when you really wanted to become a millionaire!

So true. I just want to go and visit my relatives in a classic Rolls Royce Silver Shadow "Oh we'll have to come over and visit you and treat you like family, nothing to do with your sudden untold wealth" they'd say "Maybe you should have tried that at least once in the past 22 years" I'd reply.

Then over to visit my aunty's partner who is Cockney rocket polisher crossed with Loadsamoney and I'd borrow a line from Ric Flair, "My shoes cost more than your house" before dismissing his wine collection.

Then there is one cousin in particular who I'd see and say "I know you've been having some money problems since you lost your job, which lets be fair was your fault for getting caught helping yourself to the contents of the till, so here's what I've done for you... I've called the taxman to let him know you're now working cash in hand to avoid paying him!"

Oh I'd have some fun! Not that I daydream about this every Friday afternoon.

But in reality, another thing that annoys me is that seasons 1-3 of Sabrina the Teenage Witch are each on 4 discs and they manage to fit them all into a regular sized DVD box but seasons 4 and 5 (and possibly 6 and 7) are only 3 discs each and they stick them in a double sized DVD box. Why?

:notsure:

I just noticed I took a bit of a "pasting-by-proxy" in this thread.

Oh well, win some you lose some. Me and Tony kissed, made up, exchanged naughty pics....perhaps. No harm done.

411374_1273409867503_480_365.jpg

I knew you looked familiar :-)

that the traffic Jam i was in on the M25 eased just as I got to the motorway bridge that the Olympic cyclists were about to go over

we saw the police outriders and slow as I tried to go without making an even big tailback , the poxy cyclists didn't come through so must have missed them by about 20 seconds or so ?

Tom Daly

word removed

Everytime I see him I want to kick his stupid midget like face in.

Not that I disagree that he's a word removed

But he's actually 5 foot 10 now, which makes him the tallest diver at the olympics if I'm not mistaken.

Tom Daly

word removed

But he's actually 5 foot 10 now, which makes him the tallest diver at the olympics if I'm not mistaken.

Little Tom Daley is the tallest top-level diver in the world. I pointed it out in another thread, but it got buried by Ashley Young jokes.

Tom Daly

word removed

I know he is tall, I meant he has a midget like face.

That corticosteroid injection in my foot doesn't seem to have worked as I'd hoped.

I left it ten days, went for a short walk in the country on Saturday, and the **** hurts again now. :angry:

that ****' trumpet fanfare that seems to be popping up everywhere....rugby world cup....cricket & now olympics. Everyone cheers as it is played every 10 minutes....jeeez !!!!

Johnny Depp

Having just watched Donnie Brasco, he really could be one of the ATG actors up their with the Pacino's, De niro's, DDL, etc.

He just keeps picking ridicously bad movies especially with Tim Burton. The 'he only picks indie movies' statement doesnt hold water either because he hasnt done an 'indie' film in years. He hasnt made a decent film in many years

Wasted talent...if he had Di Caprio's CV he would be one of the top 5 actors of all time

I personally think he's fantastic in the Pirates of the Caribbean films but I agree he does far too many films with Tim Burton that recently have been pretty poor. Oh well, no harm in doing films that he likes, even if he doesn't win any awards for them.

I do really like Depp and think he will end up being an 'ATG' if he isn't already. The quirky stuff shows his versatility and ability to do things that others would struggle with or simply not be able to do. Edward Scissorhands being a case in point. Pirates of the Caribbean showed he can do the Hollywood Blockbuster too if needs be; even if PotC was a relatively unexpected hit - certainly of that magnitude anyway. I think he does at some point need to start moving away from Burton more consistently, but I've no doubt whatever direction he goes in, he'll be able to do it effortlessly. The only thing he's missing is a more mainstream body of work. He has all the acting ability in the world IMHO.

I do really like Depp and think he will end up being an 'ATG' if he isn't already. The quirky stuff shows his versatility and ability to do things that others would struggle with or simply not be able to do. Edward Scissorhands being a case in point. Pirates of the Caribbean showed he can do the Hollywood Blockbuster too if needs be; even if PotC was a relatively unexpected hit - certainly of that magnitude anyway. I think he does at some point need to start moving away from Burton more consistently, but I've no doubt whatever direction he goes in, he'll be able to do it effortlessly. The only thing he's missing is a more mainstream body of work. He has all the acting ability in the world IMHO.

Totally agree. :thumb:

Â