Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It’s just like Kliph Scurlock. Every now and again you’ll meet someone and just start chatting about ‘I wonder what Kliph is doing today?’, or ‘Do you think Kliph likes welsh cakes?’. Then they’ll say like ‘who’s Kliph Scurlock?’ And you laugh ‘cos they’re clearly being funny, but then they are not being funny. They’re a grown arse adult of some 30, 40, or 50 years all spent on the same planet as Kliph Scurlock and they’ve managed not to have heard of Kliph Scurlock and you just think jeezus man, how don’t you know Kliph Scurlock? But even then when you take a few minutes to explain to them the career path of Kliph Scurlock, it’s like you can tell from their eyes that it just isn’t going in and in a year’s time you’ll be having this exact same conversation about Kliph Scurlock.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s just like Kliph Scurlock. Every now and again you’ll meet someone and just start chatting about ‘I wonder what Kliph is doing today?’, or ‘Do you think Kliph likes welsh cakes?’. Then they’ll say like ‘who’s Kliph Scurlock?’ And you laugh ‘cos they’re clearly being funny, but then they are not being funny. They’re a grown arse adult of some 30, 40, or 50 years all spent on the same planet as Kliph Scurlock and they’ve managed not to have heard of Kliph Scurlock and you just think jeezus man, how don’t you know Kliph Scurlock? But even then when you take a few minutes to explain to them the career path of Kliph Scurlock, it’s like you can tell from their eyes that it just isn’t going in and in a year’s time you’ll be having this exact same conversation about Kliph Scurlock.

Was he the lead singer of Radiohead?

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

s'funny you mention him though because, I think it might have been Marc Riley that was talking about him on the radio only last week and it's not really normal that he ever gets a mention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

s'funny you mention him though because, I think it might have been Marc Riley that was talking about him on the radio only last week and it's not really normal that he ever gets a mention.

I have a slow burn plan to try and get a favour out of him by the end of this calendar year. So I started following him on twitter a little while ago with the intention of liking his ramblings for a month or three and then smashing his DM’s.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have a slow burn plan to try and get a favour out of him by the end of this calendar year. So I started following him on twitter a little while ago with the intention of liking his ramblings for a month or three and then smashing his DM’s.

Play the long game, I like it, I am talking to a 13 year old on Facebook with a similar intent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

This reminds me of when I first started work.  My first job was working in sports insurance.

I remember 19 year old me being literally laughed at because I didn't know who Chris Bonnington was , or Buster Mottram for that matter.  I was literally laughed at by older people because I had literally never heard of either of these people.

I had been through scouts and done a lot of hillwalking and rope climbing, but I had still never heard of Chris Bonnington.  I was 19 years old, his name had never entered any conversation I had had in my life.

I got pretty angry so I asked them who Ian Heaps was.  None of them knew.  I told them it was absolutely unbelievable that none of them know probably the greatest British fisherman alive.  World champion, serial matchwinner.  Fishing is the most popular participation sport in the country, how could they possibly have no clue who he was?

If it ain't your bag it ain't your bag.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Play the long game, I like it, I am talking to a 13 year old on Facebook with a similar intent.

Ok, this is awks, you’re not Waylon68 from the Potteries are you?

I have several internet profiles…

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I remember 19 year old me being literally laughed at because I didn't know who Chris Bonnington was , or Buster Mottram for that matter. 

One climbed mountains, the other was most famous for being a Nazi

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

One climbed mountains, the other was most famous for being a Nazi

I asked Buster Mottram what tennis coaching qualifications he had. 

The Director of the sports team called him back to apologise full of fawning. 

I say right now after 35 years in the business I would ask him the same question now. 

It's a pre-requisite of the cover. Doing well at Wimbledon is not a coaching qualification. 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

When you wash your favourite hoodie and the string all dangles out of one hole so you have to feed it back through the hood.

admitting to wearing a hoodie on VT might actually be more of a crime then not wearing  socks with shoes 

• Thanks 1

Â