Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

As on the Sky thread, today I've had 2 messages from companies significantly hiking their prices, in line with RPI. Why is this allowed? It's arse-backwards.

RPI is a measure of prices consumers pay. Prices go up, which pushes up RPI, and the response is that they then use that to justify putting their prices up, because everyone put their prices up? Which will further raise RPI and be used to justify the next price hike. This is absolute madness.

My phone bill is going up by 11.7% because they've decided it's appropriate to whack an extra 3.9% on top of RPI, because **** me, they like money? 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

My baby story which always makes me chuckle to myself when i think of it   .... was a long time ago so forgive me if i told it at the time   .... When  our daughter was born , we'd been to the hospital and sent home as baby wasn't ready , we went and did a bit of shopping , bite to eat , watched a film then Mrs H said we should probably go back to the hospital , didn't sound like any rush and  she was in labour for about 22 hours with my son and so hey I was an expert on these things so I was out the front chatting to my neighbour about football as Mrs H sat in the car , when she suddenly got a bit excited and said we need to go NOW ... I broke the land speed record all the way to the hospital , while imagining one of those scenes out a comedy sketch when the driver is stopped for speeding and tells the police my wife is having a baby ... drove up to the front doors rushed her out and in the lift into the ward where my daughter was born in a matter of what felt like seconds   .. After a quick cuddle  ,  I then had to make my excuses and go down and move my car which I'd left with two open doors and the keys still in the ignition  across the entrance area 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

As on the Sky thread, today I've had 2 messages from companies significantly hiking their prices, in line with RPI. Why is this allowed? It's arse-backwards.

RPI is a measure of prices consumers pay. Prices go up, which pushes up RPI, and the response is that they then use that to justify putting their prices up, because everyone put their prices up? Which will further raise RPI and be used to justify the next price hike. This is absolute madness.

My phone bill is going up by 11.7% because they've decided it's appropriate to whack an extra 3.9% on top of RPI, because **** me, they like money? 

You with Virgin? Because that's how much my phone bill is going up. 

Luckily it's only just over nine quid per month so not too painful, but it really does take the piss. 

Like when I signed up with Plusnet for Internet, 18 month contract, and it went up about 8,weeks later. rocket polishers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And yet these companies will announce record profits in a few months 🤷 tis some joke ....my dodgy box sub better not move 😂

I called VM up a couple of weeks ago to leave as out of contract, they cut my package price from £64 to £41.

Tv, including bt sports but not sky sports or movies. 200mb broadband and phone (I don’t even have a phone plugged in, they say it’s cheaper to include it than not).

Edited by Genie

Working from home, I’ve taken great delight in informing my missus that “I’M GOING FOR A PEE!”

She has been working from home in another room so I’ve loved the Russian roulette of shouting out my toilet visits when she could be on a teams call.

Just now I stood up from my desk, walked across the room and quite clearly announced “I’M GOING FOR A WAZZ”.

Trouble is, I’m in the office today. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hamburglar said:

Ring bt up, threaten to leave and they’ll probably offer you a package to double your internet speed for half the price of the package you’re currently on. Worked for me when I cancelled bt sport six months. 👍🏻

Which will make no discernable change as far as you can tell. 

Edited by sidcow

I've got a land phone and received a call on it not 10 minutes a go.

I'll use is when at home though I've noticed less and less recently as its just easier to use mobile. 

Â