Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Fell out of the highest sales commission tier at work on the last bloody day after being in all month 😡 I wanted to take it easy the last day before breaking off but now I’ve got til the end of the day or it’s a pretty big difference to my incentive take.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

My gloating in the Christmas thread about being off until January and now putting my feet up has bit me on the arse. 

I now have to put my feet up after an attack of plantar fasciitis which has left me in agony and unable to put weight on my right foot. :(

Sleeping is interrupted due to the pain and the combo of paracetamol and ibuprofen aren't making any difference. 

Just got to hope it eases off by the weekend... Otherwise I'll be hobbling around the kitchen trying to cook Christmas dinner, which will be less painful than the wife cooking. 

Not literally feeling your pain, but usually do. Get some insoles and get them now. Get into a pair of trainers with a high arch and wear them today instead of flat shoes. Avoid slippers and flat shoes for a day or two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Fell out of the highest sales commission tier at work on the last bloody day after being in all month 😡 I wanted to take it easy the last day before breaking off but now I’ve got til the end of the day or it’s a pretty big difference to my incentive take.

Sales - Is that what constitutes "incentive"?

I get you make a lot if you are good/lucky/having a good month. But do you honestly enjoy the game?

15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Sales - Is that what constitutes "incentive"?

I get you make a lot if you are good/lucky/having a good month. But do you honestly enjoy the game?

Yeah pretty standard call centre stuff, the base salary is pretty low and you make it up by making sales (it’s our countries biggest teleco so nothing sketchy btw although they don’t have a great reputation…) but everyone’s commissions are pooled and split into performance tiers rather than you just getting what you get so really unless you are in the top few tiers you are really losing out. I’m fortunate to usually live in the top two tiers but it’s just a pain to lose the top bracket on the last day (couldn’t get it back as of yet 😰)

I hate it honestly but it’s a relatively honest (so long as you behave ethically) way to make money that is safe for a transwoman that I’m actually good at so the stresses are relatively few on the whole.

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Yeah pretty standard call centre stuff, the base salary is pretty low and you make it up by making sales (it’s our countries biggest teleco so nothing sketchy btw although they don’t have a great reputation…) but everyone’s commissions are pooled and split into performance tiers rather than you just getting what you get so really unless you are in the top few tiers you are really losing out. I’m fortunate to usually live in the top two tiers but it’s just a pain to lose the top bracket on the last day (couldn’t get it back as of yet 😰)

I hate it honestly but it’s a relatively honest (so long as you behave ethically) way to make money that is safe for a transwoman that I’m actually good at so the stresses are relatively few on the whole.

Hopefully there's opportunities to progress and move up in the company eventually :thumb::thumb:

Glad the stress is not too bad!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Jesus - women. 

There are some days I swear they enjoy fixing for a fight and that's what makes them happy.

Being miserable is the joy they desire and anything you say / do is going to to elicit a response of anger.

Been there, got the T shirt. 

Hormones. 

• Like 3

I'm in work this week. I chose to do it because my team are off so I took my last holiday days last week instead.

I assumed the last week here would be really really quiet.

I was wrong. Yesterday was one of the busiest days I've ever had! Serves me right!

• Sad 1

Similar story here. I’m working up to lunch time on the 24th and back in on the 29th. No complaints from me as I purposely used up my A/L in the summer, knowing that I can work Christmas from home where it will be really quiet and stress free. 

So far that’s not been the case at all! Two massive pieces of work have dropped into my lap that will take this week and next to complete, and it seems every man and his dog are chucking work my way as they mop up their lists before finishing. 

I just wanted to eat rubbish, watch films and occasionally wake my laptop up so I appear to be ‘active’.

Done with work (well, going in anyway) until January.  But my son now has COVID symptoms.  We got notification from his school that a kid in one of his classes had tested positive, and he was scheduled for a PCR test today, which would have returned results before Christmas.  But they take asymptomatic patients only and he got symptoms yesterday.  Can't get scheduled for a PCR test anywhere before Christmas Eve.  We found a walk-in place t get him tested today but the PCR results won't be in before Christmas.  His rapid test was negative, but a neighbor's daughter had 6 negative rapid tests before suddenly testing positive, so we won't be comfortable until his PCR test comes back negative.

And it's supposed to rain pretty much continuously through the 28th.

• Sad 4

My wife's friend's wedding is on the 27th December.

Not only not a weekend. Not only in the middle of Christmas time. But a **** MONDAY. Meaning 2 days needed off work.

They did it to save money and if 'people don't come it's their problem'

Arseholes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My wife's friend's wedding is on the 27th December.

Not only not a weekend. Not only in the middle of Christmas time. But a **** MONDAY. Meaning 2 days needed off work.

They did it to save money and if 'people don't come it's their problem'

Arseholes

That does seem incredibly selfish. Which I guess they’re entitled to be as it’s their wedding. However it would serve them right if nobody turned up! 

It wouldn’t be “their” problem then, would it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That does seem incredibly selfish. Which I guess they’re entitled to be as it’s their wedding. However it would serve them right if nobody turned up! 

It wouldn’t be “their” problem then, would it. 

My wife has been pretty ill with Covid and she thinks this friend is ignoring her because while she was ill there was a  good chance we wouldn't go to the wedding, so she's also pissed off about that.

Saying that, she's heard about 50 people won't show up. I'm not basking in that news, but they kinda deserve it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

My gloating in the Christmas thread about being off until January and now putting my feet up has bit me on the arse. 

I now have to put my feet up after an attack of plantar fasciitis which has left me in agony and unable to put weight on my right foot. :(

Sleeping is interrupted due to the pain and the combo of paracetamol and ibuprofen aren't making any difference. 

Just got to hope it eases off by the weekend... Otherwise I'll be hobbling around the kitchen trying to cook Christmas dinner, which will be less painful than the wife cooking. 

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not literally feeling your pain, but usually do. Get some insoles and get them now. Get into a pair of trainers with a high arch and wear them today instead of flat shoes. Avoid slippers and flat shoes for a day or two. 

I've been suffering with this condition for about 4 years....2 years in my left foot ( eventually fixed with shockwave treatment) then for the last 2 years its been in my right foot and proving to be extremely stubborn this time. I'd be interested to know exactly what brand of insole you've been using.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I've been suffering with this condition for about 4 years....2 years in my left foot ( eventually fixed with shockwave treatment) then for the last 2 years its been in my right foot and proving to be extremely stubborn this time. I'd be interested to know exactly what brand of insole you've been using.

Pro 11 Wellbeing Orthotic insoles. I use these even in a pair of trainers with a high arch. I have about 4 pairs of these insoles in various shoes but working from home I am either in slippers or no shoes alot so find that I have to wear a pair of Adidas running shoes with insoles when it flares up. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Pro 11 Wellbeing Orthotic insoles. I use these even in a pair of trainers with a high arch. I have about 4 pairs of these insoles in various shoes but working from home I am either in slippers or no shoes alot so find that I have to wear a pair of Adidas running shoes with insoles when it flares up. 

Ordered - cheers @Seat68

Now sat with a compression sock and my arched running trainers on 😂

• Like 1

Â