Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Revising so much I think I'm actually simplifying things too much. I had such a great structure in my head for the 3 I have this week yesterday but I feel I might have peaked with it. Annoying.

Take a day off then.

I revised so much for a French history exam that I was nearly having a nervous breakdown about it. Called my tutor who said, take a day off and have a glass of beer before bed and don't worry.

Got 81 in the exam.

I'd love to be able to have that luxury but a day off is simply not an option. I'm not particularly nervous, just the volume of information I was able to reproduce yesterday is more than today, which is bloody annoying.

A beer before bed! Christ man, talk about a strategy.

Uni halls are luxurious compared to Army "blocks" . As shit as they were though I loved every minute. On the weekends all the NCO's would usually go home as they were better paid , leaving all the piss head privates to create carnage from Friday til Sunday . I didn't even get my own room until I got my first stripe and yet students are moaning about not getting a **** en-suite. ! Try 4 to a room, a bathroom with no plugs , a beer can carpet and the sweet smell of masturbation for a couple of years . It builds character !
Weren't you supposed to keep the place immaculately clean and tidy, though?

I thought it was all daily inspections - kit laid out on neatly made beds, running white gloves under the windowsills to check for dust, and having to scrub the floor with a toothbrush if they found so much as a stray crumb?

And you get YOUR OWN ROOM for being a lance-corporal???

:shock:

First Monday of every month was block inspection time . A quick whizz round with a mop and some Febreeze on a Sunday night and it was alright. Single soldier accommodation is generally piss poor though, so you actually are trying to polish a turd.

The scenario you describe is only really applicable to the basic training phase. After that you're generally left to your own devices.

My mum's tidying habbits. She has no regard for anyone else's stuff, if I put something somewhere so I know where it is, my birth certificate for example, she will go and tidy it away into some obscure location anywhere in the house. Then when I come to need it, I can't find it, and she will have completely forgotten where she put it.

Or she'll just go ahead and throw things away, yesterday she tidied the bathroom and threw my toothbrush and razor away! That razor was at the pretentious end of the Wilkinson Sword range, so it cost a stupid amount, damn it!

A beer before bed! Christ man, talk about a strategy.
I went down the pub for 3 or 4 pints the night before every single one of my finals exams (mind you, I got a third).

Did exactly the same before my MSc exams (passed them all OK).

I'm not talking about getting leathered on wife beater.

In Aber there was a great pub called the ship and castle, which used to have a great range of Trappiste Belgian beer. I ordered one to go, savoured it before hitting the sack and went into my exam with a clear head.

In Aber there was a great pub called the ship and castle, which used to have a great range of Trappiste Belgian beer. I ordered one to go, savoured it before hitting the sack and went into my exam with a clear head.

One of my favourites when I was there. Used to close too early though.

I actually pinched one of the Rochefort glasses when they had that on once. Then a housemates friend dropped it :(.

One of my favourites when I was there. Used to close too early though.

I actually pinched one of the Rochefort glasses when they had that on once. Then a housemates friend dropped it :(.

They were beautiful.

Only place I knew where you could order a pint of Leffe.

Drawstring teabags. They're trying to solve a problem that was never there in the first place ! It's not as as if burns unit's are full off folk with skinless thumbs is it ?

Now I can't even stir the bugger with the bag inside, without tangling the bag with the spoon . You have to be a high level boy scout just to make a bloody brew these days . Cameron's Britain eh ! You couldn't make it up. I'm going back to PG asap.

Â