Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Talking about take always...

NYE, it’s about 7:30pm and still a bit full from lunch, however we do want something to eat later and our usual Indian take about an hour / 1hr 15 to deliver normally. Thinking it might be nearer 2 hours as it’s NYE we place an order.

20 minutes later it’s at the door :angry:

Had that New Years Day - ordered a Dominos... online it said 90 mins delivery time... it was here in 15! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why not look on your call history at what time you called? That is what I’ve done several times in the same situation 

called them off my landline, its an ancient thing, no call log on there....no need to panic, food arrived about 90 seconds after me posting, all jaws are safe from volleys tonight, food is **** great

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think you'd be surprised. A lot of people would (IMO) trample over others to get a rungs higher up on the ladder. 

Agreed.   For evidence, just look at they way they trample over others to get the super-discounted PS4 when the doors open on Black Friday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

ordering a meal and then not noting what time you ordered it...have you been waiting 10 minutes? 20 minutes? 90 minutes? who **** knows? should I phone up and ask where my food is? has it been the allotted 45 minutes, has it been more or am I jumping the gun?

I reckon its knocking on for 45 minutes, if it aint here by 21:15 then I'm gunna have to seriously start thinking about  giving the delivery driver a good old fashioned volley to the mother **** jaw

Read the first chapter of Neal Stephenson's SF novel "Snow Crash". 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

called them off my landline, its an ancient thing, no call log on there....no need to panic, food arrived about 90 seconds after me posting, all jaws are safe from volleys tonight, food is **** great

Our Indian took over an hour to arrive last night. It was worth it though. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Our Indian took over an hour to arrive last night. It was worth it though. 

good man Ruge, what did you have?

I went for pilau rice, chilli naan, naargis kebab and a chicken tikka shashlik balti madras hot

the shashlik balti is pretty damn special meal I tell you

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

don't the poor also want to get richer ?

I do agree with the spend it now philosophy though  , nobody every wont the lottery and shagged a supermodel by putting it in an ISA ... buy a Ferrari and a big house and shag away until you're bankrupt is my motto

I suppose at this time of year some would want to be warm and stuff like that,  rich can mean many things i think ?

I work with my bosses son in law, and he's one of these "I don't care about money" types. Money means nothing to him apparently. For starters he has married into a multi millionaire family, and not only that, his dad is a multimillionaire who will leave him everything. He don't know what it's like to go without, or have to tighten your belt. Money means nothing to him, because it's has no value, purely because he knows he's already a millionaire in the waiting. The 20k deposit for his house was paid for by family. The brand 15k car was paid for by family. The fuel is paid for by the company. The 4 holidays a year, are mostly paid for by family. It's not his fault, and that's his world, and how it's always been I think. But in my eyes, he don't know what it's like to live in the real world where people have to worry about money, or watch what they are doing. His baby is due in 3 months, and they have not had to spend a penny, because the family have spent thousands getting baby stuff.  I'm not fussed about winning the lottery. It would be nice, but it would help if I actually played it. I'm more than content just being comfortable, and more importantly, that me and my family are healthy. I've got a plan in my head, and it's definitely doable, and if it goes to plan, then I should live a comfortable ish life. Not rich, but not poor. I don't mind having to have to work until I'm 60 odd, but I'd love to be able to retire or go part time when I'm 60-62. What will be will be. I could die anytime, so who knows what life with reward us with. 

• Like 3

My wife and my two eldest have gone dancing. I'm left with the little one who usually has an hours kip about now. I thought great, I can do a bit of reading. The little sod only had 10 minutes, and woke up. The only time I get to read is in bed at night. I'd love to know how many books @leemond2008 would get through if he had kids :)

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Chicken madras, mushroom rice, garlic naan, and chicken pakora. It was lovely. We have some good Indian's around this way, so quite lucky. 

Madras is just a tad too hot for me

Chicken pathia, fried rice (yeah I know) and garlic nan is my go-to meal from the 'Raj Mahal' 

When I first moved here, I was truly living pay cheque to pay cheque and I think it made me realise how difficult it can be. I ended up getting a fine on a tram because I couldn't afford a 2.40zl (50p) tram ticket until I got paid the next day.

I think some people have never had that experience so they have no idea. Now I'm doing much better for myself, I think back on those experiences and it makes me more appreciate of what I have now.

• Like 3

Winter breaks in football. I'm totally against it, because clubs will use the break to fly abroad, and play in stupid tournaments. I really hope they keep the busy schedule over the xmas period. All that football over that period is what makes it so good, along with everything else that comes with it. Ok I'll stop talking about Christmas now :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My attitude entirely. I grew up on a council estate, and my parents were pretty much broke but we never went without the necessities of life. After university, some of my friends waltzed into well paid careers, but I spent several years doing low paid work or unemployed. I retrained in IT skills and met my wife when I was 27, and since then we've done OK, but never really made shitloads of money,  partly because I never aspired to the management career path at the expense of family and leisure time. I was determined not to work beyond sixty, and I have no regrets about retiring - but we are nowhere near as well off as some of our friends. My state pension in a couple of years can't come soon enough, as I'm burning through my savings. But, yeah, I'm happy. My wife survived cancer, my kids are healthy, I have an adorable granddaughter. Books and music give me more pleasure than luxury cars and expensive holidays. It's all about priorities. 

i'll admit it, and say I've got no ambition at all in terms of career. I just want to go to work, and get a fair days pay. Don't mind doing a bit of weekend work, but I'm one of these where, I don't mind working for people. Some people hate it, and have the ambition to have people working for them which will earn you more money. Me and my wife have been discussing her working career the last few days, as she is looking for a job. She's after the perfect job which pays enough, and is in school hours. Those jobs are hard to come by. I've basically told her, she will have to sacrifice something, whether it be money from a decent job, or time with her family. She's applied for a few jobs, but they ask a lot in terms of the hours she would have to work. The one job she has an interview for is 20k a year which is great, but it means hardly seeing the kids in the week, and sorting family members to help with sorting the kids. We are not struggling financially, but she wants to work, and the extra money would be great. I'm just not prepared for some of the sacrifices that come with it just yet. My pay is not too bad, and if and when I start driving, it will double. My wife's brother earns good money, but he's always working away, and misses out on so much. He's prepared to sacrifice his family time, for the rewards it may bring later on in life. He may well regret it on his death bed. If we can have 1 holiday a year, and maybe a couple of weekends away, that will do me. At the end of the day, you can replace money, but you can't replace time, or your health. Hopefully we can leave the kids something behind, and I'm sure we will, but they have to make their own way in life, and who knows how that will go. 

• Like 2

I work hard and earn a decent amount but as soon as I can afford not to work, i'm retiring! That's my aim! If it happens at 50 great, 55 that's ok. I do not want to be working by the time I'm 60. 

• Like 1

Â