Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It annoys me as well Paddy.

Then the riders get all pissy if you go past the horse at more than 1mph. There are a fair few bridleways near mine I think.

Driving a manual car. My knees are a mess, sometimes when I push the clutch pedal in, my lower leg feels like its coming away from my knee, then when I start releasing the clutch, my leg moves back into my place with a sharp pain and a loud 'crack!'

Well surely they're one of the same.

Sorry to use you as an example AVFC_Hitz, but this annoys the hell out of me.

It's constantly said at my work.

It should be "one and the same".

Duly noted and I stand corrected.

Nowt wrong wit' bit of Education. :)

It annoys me as well Paddy.

Then the riders get all pissy if you go past the horse at more than 1mph. There are a fair few bridleways near mine I think.

And why do dog walkers have to pick up their pet's shit, tiny little piles of shit, yet horses can seemingly just shit wherever they like. Massive piles of horrible shit.

And "the British Isles" is a geographical term, rather than a political one - it includes the Republic of Ireland. Analagous to "Scandinavia" or "North America".

Although even with both of those there's debate/common misapplication.

Sweden and Norway are in any definition of Scandinavia, but Denmark, Finland, and Iceland sometimes get included or excluded... meanwhile North America basically always comprises Canada and the USA but anything beyond there and you get into debate (e.g. in footballing terms, North America is Canada, USA, & Mexico... CONCACAF being divided into three zones, the North America (North American Football Union), Central America (Union Centroamericana de Futbol), and Caribbean (Caribbean Football Union))

Driving a manual car. My knees are a mess, sometimes when I push the clutch pedal in, my lower leg feels like its coming away from my knee, then when I start releasing the clutch, my leg moves back into my place with a sharp pain and a loud 'crack!'

You don't always need to use a clutch to change gear (Easier up than down the gears but 100 % possible). If your knee is hurting then skip the clutch now and then or skip gears is another way to reduce the actual amount of gear changes.

Also, I suggest changing the position of your seat. Even a few notches forward or back can be the difference between pain in the back or joints from long driving stints.

(I used to drive about 250-300 miles a day for a long time so anything to make it a bit easier)

From the Grand National thread:

On a related note II guess it's not just me who gets pissed off with people who ride horses on the road? They're never going anywhere, you don't see them riding to the shops, they just get in the way and frown at you when you overtake them Twisted Evil Find yourself a field or bridle path!

To be fair, they can't guarantee uninterrupted bridlepaths to and from their stables. I assume that when they are on the road they are on their way to or from a bridlepath, which is fair enough by me. I don't suppose they brave the traffic just for the fun of it.

On a related note II guess it's not just me who gets pissed off with people who ride horses on the road? They're never going anywhere, you don't see them riding to the shops, they just get in the way and frown at you when you overtake them Twisted Evil Find yourself a field or bridle path!

To be fair, they can't guarantee uninterrupted bridlepaths to and from their stables. I assume that when they are on the road they are on their way to or from a bridlepath, which is fair enough by me. I don't suppose they brave the traffic just for the fun of it.

Dog owners have to clean up their dogs poo, so horse owners should do the same.

Dog owners have to clean up their dogs poo, so horse owners should do the same.

Oh, I agree with that bit.

Isn't horse manure considered "OK" in terms of its harmful qualities, whereas dog poo is actually quite dangerous to public health?

Or am i speaking b*llocks?

Isn't horse manure considered "OK" in terms of its harmful qualities, whereas dog poo is actually quite dangerous to public health?

Or am i speaking b*llocks?

You're definitely talking shit.

*Badum-tsh*

(At the extreme risk of being branded "posh"....)

As a horse owner, horse poo is fine. Its all always on my hands/clothes and is essentially just re-fried grass/hay.

Dogs eat all sorts of crap along with their food - would NOT be picking that up barehanded.

:puke:

A bit out of left field, but has anyone tried horse meat?
Not knowingly. But I'd be quite happy to eat it.

Don't see what all the fuss is - a horse is a large herbivorous quadruped, same as a cow. Yet people who eat beef get squeamish about eating horse. Illogical, captain.

Â