Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Whilst we're on about 80s films:

Flight of the Navigator star charged with bank robbery

The former child star of '80s film Flight of the Navigator has been charged with bank robbery in Canada.

Deleriyes Joe Cramer, who was known as Joey Cramer when he starred in the 1986 movie, was arrested in Gibsons, British Columbia.

The robbery took place in nearby Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police issued a statement saying the 42-year-old had been charged with four offences relating to the bank robbery.

...more on link

This morning. I ask the lady what's for tea tonight. She says Chilli Con Carne, it's in the freezer and she'll leave it out to defrost.

We're both happy with the idea, I made a tasty batch a few weeks as. On my way home I get some wraps, put the rice on and then get the Chilli out the fridge.

Only it's not Chilli it's Bolognese.

Murder may be my only option here.

Whilst we're on about 80s films:

Flight of the Navigator star charged with bank robbery

The former child star of '80s film Flight of the Navigator has been charged with bank robbery in Canada.

Deleriyes Joe Cramer, who was known as Joey Cramer when he starred in the 1986 movie, was arrested in Gibsons, British Columbia.

The robbery took place in nearby Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police issued a statement saying the 42-year-old had been charged with four offences relating to the bank robbery.

...more on link

Blimey. Now that was a crap film! ;-) no wonder he needs the money!

12 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

This morning. I ask the lady what's for tea tonight. She says Chilli Con Carne, it's in the freezer and she'll leave it out to defrost.

We're both happy with the idea, I made a tasty batch a few weeks as. On my way home I get some wraps, put the rice on and then get the Chilli out the fridge.

Only it's not Chilli it's Bolognese.

Murder may be my only option here.

Been there, done that. 

(The chilli/bolognese thing, I mean. Not murdering your missus). 

Until I was about 20, I didn't know there was supposed to be a difference between bolognese and chili, or that there ought not be baked beans in either. ****, my mom was a terrible cook.

Baked beans in a chilli is OK, as long as they are not the only beans. I'll chuck all sorts in - kidney beans, haricot beans, chopped runner beans, sweetcorn, diced potato, capsicums - whatever's in the fridge. Grate cheddar over the top, and eat with pitta bread (I find rice boring). Not 'authentic' in any way, but good comfort food. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Annoying kids are a massive bug bear of mine. A couple of incidents stand out. A few years back I was on a flight, sitting in the middle of three seats, the seat to my left was a spare. About half way through the fight, the family across the aisle and a row back, who had a toddler and a baby in tow, the former of which was an absolute nightmare from the moment they sat down, screaming and running around and irritating everyone, decided the best thing they could possibly do, was to sit the delightful toddler next to me in the spare seat with an iPad at full volume, to 'watch' Postman Pat. He proceeded to spend the rest of the flight kicking me, kicking the seat in front, flinging the iPad around, shouting and screaming, and generally making a great argument for him being allowed to take the express route to the destination via the emergency exit. Meanwhile his parents appeared to have a lovely flight having ditched the Antichrist on someone else.

Not long after I visited Warwick Castle with the girlfriend, who has a higher child tolerance than me but even she thought this kid was a little shit, and ended up queuing for ages to get tickets. In front of us was a woman who was the kind of upper class nob who had decided to have kids late because it was something to tick off the 'life' checklist but obviously wasn't cut out for it. So her lovely child decided to basically spend the entire time queuing running around kicking the fixtures screaming shouting bumping into people and straight up ignoring the feeble attempts of mother dearest to control him. Which amounted to 'please behave darling'.

The common thing between most of the poorly behaved kids I've encountered is they all seem to slightly uncommon names. I can only assume this is the embodiment of the parents making out that their child is special and therefore have fostered an attitude in them that they are above other children and things like proper discipline.

As kids, all my siblings and I were well behaved simply because we knew it wasn't worth rilling up our parents. My dad never hit us, but we knew pissing dad off was Not Good so you didn't do it. All he had to do was give us a look, tell us to pack it in or at worst raise his voice, and you knew you were pushing it. 

I'd have kicked that kid out of the plane seat and sat there myself.

And the one running around would have received a subtle knee when he strayed too close. I've employed that tactic a few times.

"Oh sorry, he just ran into me"

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

67-73 was a bit golden wasn't it.

I suspect a heady combination of technology and drugs helped. The ratio is up for debate.

The sonic palette opened up. To stand out you still had to be able to play, or have something about you.

I don't think the Stooges could have mastered Mozart.

I thought of something at work today that really pisses me of and was looking forward to comming on here and posting it and now I can't bl00dy remember what it was. AND THAT PISSES ME OFF!! 

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd have kicked that kid out of the plane seat and sat there myself.

The kid on the plane I'd have watched Postman Pat with him

Dunno what it is with children though but they seem to like me , went to pick me daughter up from a play date and the young baby there sorta crawled towards me then did the hands up "pick me up thing" .. So I picked him up.. The mum was opened mouthed as apparently he doesn't like being picked up.... Same thing happens to me with cats as well , who also seem to like me ... Doesn't work with girls in nightclubs sadly

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

So hold on, are you saying that I shouldn't be pissed off with 80's nostalgia?

Look back on the 80's like a guilt free freak show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Is chilli in a wrap a thing? I thought I was being naughty putting a bit of rice in my fajitas.

21341750.jpg

ls.jpg

Fine London cuisine. I loved it!

EDIT: In haste I read 'chilli' as 'curry'. Nevertheless, follow my dining recommendations. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The kid on the plane I'd have watched Postman Pat with him

Dunno what it is with children though but they seem to like me , went to pick me daughter up from a play date and the young baby there sorta crawled towards me then did the hands up "pick me up thing" .. So I picked him up.. The mum was opened mouthed as apparently he doesn't like being picked up.... Same thing happens to me with cats as well , who also seem to like me ... Doesn't work with girls in nightclubs sadly

Same here. Cats and babies always like me. Pisses the wife off no end when they ignore her and make a beeline for me. 

This over the sats, things might have changed since I was a kid but sats in year 2 was a thing where I spent Monday and Tuesday finger painting, Wednesday I got a piece of paper stuck in front of me, Thursday and Friday I made stuff out of sand, my main concern the entire week was playing transformers at dinner time, woman on the TV pulling her kids out of school because they're having nightmares over their sats...what?

Even when I got to year 9 or whatever year the last set were sats meant **** all, there wasn't any pressure, they weren't built up, it was a test f your teachers more than a test of you, I don't know where they've gone wrong, sounds like utter nonsense

Â