Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'd say 67-77 is probably the best 10 years of music ever.

All those bands in their prime, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, etc etc. Amazing. (I know there was a helluva lot more than 'classic rock', but those are the guys who spring to mind for me).

I was 13 in 2000. However I never got into the whole faux punk rock blink 182 stuff. In fact my discovery of music was me rifling my dad's, sister's and mums record collections. It was also my step dad who really got me into the older stuff. Listening to Dylan at 14 and not knowing what the jibbers he was on about but then having it explained by someone who was there was cool.

• Like 1

I've spent literally all day mowing, strimming and trimming the lawn and hedges about the garden, and all that effort has given me is a garden that looks merely poorly maintained as opposed to abandoned, a broken hedge trimmer and a bad back.

And my neighbour pointing out the bits I'd missed can sod off.

65-75 was my favourite 10 year period. my favourite 5 year period would be 69-73. after 75 it went a bit downhill with the big 3 of heavy rock zeppelin,sabbath,purple starting to lose their way. the who were passed it by then as well along with the stones. fleetwood mac were huge by then and i really like their mid to late 70s stuff. acdc released their best stuff with bon in the late 70s but there is not too much i like from the late 70s. the late 70s was the birth of what i call proper metal with judas priest coming to the front. my favourite ever year would be 70 or 71.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've spent literally all day mowing, strimming and trimming the lawn and hedges about the garden, and all that effort has given me is a garden that looks merely poorly maintained as opposed to abandoned, a broken hedge trimmer and a bad back.

And my neighbour pointing out the bits I'd missed can sod off.

ive got to do my lawn tomorrow after work as its not been done since last october. i HATE mowing the lawn.

I thought I had it easy by having my back garden completed decked. Until I spent the better part of the weekend pressure washing it (fun for the first ten minutes, not so much for the next 4 hours), then down on my hands and knees painting wood cleaner on to it. Give me a lawn any time. I'm paying someone to do it next year.

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

My kids are always well behaved when we are out and about and we often get compliments but it's because we basically don't let them tw@t about,  they will get is right in the neck. Kids around restaurants are not a problem the bl00dy lazy arse irresponsible parents who can't be bothered to actually be a parent and teach their kids respect and manners and how to behave.  Even worse are the ones who KNOW the kids are being a menace and tell them once in a half hearted manner to stop and then go back to whatever they are doing.  IF YOU KNOW IT'S A PROBLEM BL00DY WELL STOP THEM!!! 

That said I have always found it curious that it's a purely British thing getting annoyed with kids in restaurants. On the continent they actually take joy in it

Mind you what was wrong with the old days like when I was a kid and dad could leave you in the car all day whilst he went to the pub just bringing out the occasional coke bottle with a straw and some salt n vinegar walkers? 

im quite uptight with my kids when we go out for something to eat or whenever they visit somewhere where they cant run riot. my mum was the biggest boozer in our family and the times when i was in her company in the pub as a young un i felt very uneasy and uncomfortable. 

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I thought I had it easy by having my back garden completed decked. Until I spent the better part of the weekend pressure washing it (fun for the first ten minutes, not so much for the next 4 hours), then down on my hands and knees painting wood cleaner on to it. Give me a lawn any time. I'm paying someone to do it next year.

Iv just moved house and my garden is going all artificial grass, with a few garden pots for olive trees etc. Hoping thats the solution

Annoying kids are a massive bug bear of mine. A couple of incidents stand out. A few years back I was on a flight, sitting in the middle of three seats, the seat to my left was a spare. About half way through the fight, the family across the aisle and a row back, who had a toddler and a baby in tow, the former of which was an absolute nightmare from the moment they sat down, screaming and running around and irritating everyone, decided the best thing they could possibly do, was to sit the delightful toddler next to me in the spare seat with an iPad at full volume, to 'watch' Postman Pat. He proceeded to spend the rest of the flight kicking me, kicking the seat in front, flinging the iPad around, shouting and screaming, and generally making a great argument for him being allowed to take the express route to the destination via the emergency exit. Meanwhile his parents appeared to have a lovely flight having ditched the Antichrist on someone else.

Not long after I visited Warwick Castle with the girlfriend, who has a higher child tolerance than me but even she thought this kid was a little shit, and ended up queuing for ages to get tickets. In front of us was a woman who was the kind of upper class nob who had decided to have kids late because it was something to tick off the 'life' checklist but obviously wasn't cut out for it. So her lovely child decided to basically spend the entire time queuing running around kicking the fixtures screaming shouting bumping into people and straight up ignoring the feeble attempts of mother dearest to control him. Which amounted to 'please behave darling'.

The common thing between most of the poorly behaved kids I've encountered is they all seem to slightly uncommon names. I can only assume this is the embodiment of the parents making out that their child is special and therefore have fostered an attitude in them that they are above other children and things like proper discipline.

As kids, all my siblings and I were well behaved simply because we knew it wasn't worth rilling up our parents. My dad never hit us, but we knew pissing dad off was Not Good so you didn't do it. All he had to do was give us a look, tell us to pack it in or at worst raise his voice, and you knew you were pushing it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

old people going all "back when I was young...", e.g., about music.

We're right, though. :)

• Like 3

Off the top of my head:

Blade Runner, The Thing, Escape from New York, Die Hard, Aliens, Hardware, Platoon, Raging Bull, Blue Velvet, Shining, King of Comedy, Blood Simple, Near Dark, Do the Right Thing, Henry[emoji14]ortrait of a Serial Killer, After Hours, Spinal Tap, Friday the 13th, Full Metal Jacket, Scarface, The Hitcher, The Verdict, They Live, American Werewolf, Hannah and her Sisters, Crimes and Misdemeanors.

I'm sure there are many more.

Woah woah woah woah

Woah

Woah

You forgot Top Gun !

And Beverly Hills Cop

And Lethal Weapon

And Rambo

And Gremlins

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Woah woah woah woah

Woah

Woah

You forgot Top Gun !

I'm trying to blank that film out as I have been for years :)

Â