Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The Hairy Bikers. Alex Jones. Both among my favourite people (for very different reasons). But in the last half hour I've heard them both say "restauranteurs". :angry:

That this man has been found guilty of a crime. We have a significant proportion of the population who are thin-skinned words removed, offended by everything.

A pest controller found himself under arrest after he sent a rude message to his former girlfriend about her new boyfriend.

Mark Seddon referred to the new partner as a “fat bellied codhead” when he posted the message via What’s App to his ex.

Seddon, 48, of Ormerod Street, Thornton, pleaded guilty to sending a grossly offensive electronic message.

He was fined £500 with £85 costs, ordered to pay £50 victims’ surcharge and put on a two year restraining order which banned him from contacting the complainant by Blackpool Magistrates’ Court.

John McLaren, defending, said the breakdown between the couple had not been smooth. During the relationship Seddon said he had been paying back money his girlfriend owed her mother.

He said he was sorry he had done it.

He's had to pay out £635, for calling someone a silly name. "Grossly offensive"? I throw out more offensive language than  that on an hourly basis. What a **** joke. 

I can only imagine the punishment I'd get if a judge was told of the kind of things I call Agbonlahor.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Caravans and Caravanning.......why?

Where is the fun in driving really, really slowly for hundreds of miles whilst getting overtaken by tractors, to then sit in a white box for the weekend freezing your nips off in the pouring rain? Everyone of the drivers in the estimated 150,000+ that I feel like I have overtaken today looks miserable as sin as well! The worst part of it is that most of them are 'Sunday' drivers out on a Friday, causing chaos. Don't they realize that people have places to go and jobs to do? Just sell the box and go to Benidorm for a week, you'll have more fun!

22 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Caravans and Caravanning.......why?

Where is the fun in driving really, really slowly for hundreds of miles whilst getting overtaken by tractors, to then sit in a white box for the weekend freezing your nips off in the pouring rain? Everyone of the drivers in the estimated 150,000+ that I feel like I have overtaken today looks miserable as sin as well! The worst part of it is that most of them are 'Sunday' drivers out on a Friday, causing chaos. Don't they realize that people have places to go and jobs to do? Just sell the box and go to Benidorm for a week, you'll have more fun!

does this extend to motorhomes?

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

Doom bar. It really shouldn't plss me off because I do really like it but since it has been bought by a Molson coors it is EVERYWHERE probably at the expense of a beer which might be nicer or might be worse but would certainly be more interesting.

Why can't the global brewers keep to their mass market shlt and stop muscling in on the real ale market.  Tuckwits

Doom Bar is the real ale for pubs that can't be bothered to keep real ale, but need to make a token effort, because it's popular.

• Like 3

if a pub doesnt have a proper cask ale I will go for doom bar, I like the sharps stuff, atlantic etc. I will always choose a cask ale preferably brewed locally to doom bar though.

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

if a pub doesnt have a proper cask ale I will go for doom bar, I like the sharps stuff, atlantic etc. I will always choose a cask ale preferably brewed locally to doom bar though.

Last time I was in Scotland the nearest pub had Doombar as its only draught ale. Couldn't get much LESS local, really. TBF it was well kept. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

does this extend to motorhomes?

I'm undecided yet! Completely understand people who may use a motorhome to tour the whole of Canada or the US as a once-in-lifetime experience holiday, but if you are going to drive it down to Weston-Super-Mare and park it next to the beach for 5 days, then why bother?? I do think those motorhomes that tow ridiculous little cars behind them look stupid though!!

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Paul Merton, must earn a fortune off the back of making sarcastic remarks followed by looking at the audience with a bemused look on his face.

True. But I do find him amusing. 

Â