Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It's a really really tricky one. Keeping absolute tabs on your kids.

From personal experience, as a kid, I'd have gone walk about for the whole day knowing I had to return when it was getting dark. In those long 1970's summer holidays 'getting dark' was a bit of a subjective measurement for when I should be home. At that time, I'd have been playing on beaches, on building sites, in amongst a vast yard of rusting steam trains and the docks. Once it was closed for the evening, I'd have been sneaking around the fairground.

But, I guess that was the 1970's and to coin a phrase, it never did me any harm.

Fast forward to my own kids and there is no way on god's good earth I'd have let them out of my sight when they were 7 years old. Which itself is then self defeating, because all of a sudden you have a teenager that hasn't been out in the dark or crossed a busy road on their own.

Is the world more dangerous now? No, it's undoubtedly safer. But we are more scared and more 'informed' than we were back then.

I think that perhaps if we don't know the detail of the particular circumstances it might be best not to judge yet.

Yeah ok maybe it's safer now but The era i grew up in would give this era a wedgie and flush its head down the toilet

But some aspects were safer back in the 70's ....there were fewer women drivers on the roads so it was safe to cycle everywhere ... And we got to look cool as we rode our choppers without the need for Teflon knee pads and crash helmets that make you look like a retard

There were paedophiles around but we didn't know they were paedophiles so this we were safe from predators

We were allowed to play in sandpits that were no doubt used as a litter tray by the neighbours cat but as a result of eating diirty sand and worms our immune systems were tougher and we didn't need 3 days of school every time we sneezed and we could laugh in the face of viruses and super bugs

Kids today ... They should all go and live in Brighton and wear a tu-tu

• Like 1

Absolute rocket polisher drivers.

Some 4x4 range rover private number plate arsehole(with his kid in the car) is driving behind me on a 1 lane enclosed slip road, I indicate to move over as soon the road opens up. He pulls out as I'm coming across and slams his foot down. I just about see him swerve back and give him the finger(not my usual rage but just reacted).

200m down the road we end up next to each other at a set of lights he rolls his passenger side window down, and I'm pissed so I start putting mine down when he shouts over his kid "concentrate on your driving sonshine"

To which all i can manage is a sarcastic "me" before he **** off tailgailing someone else.

Why do the worst drivers always have the biggest mouth.

It's a really really tricky one. Keeping absolute tabs on your kids.

From personal experience, as a kid, I'd have gone walk about for the whole day knowing I had to return when it was getting dark. In those long 1970's summer holidays 'getting dark' was a bit of a subjective measurement for when I should be home. At that time, I'd have been playing on beaches, on building sites, in amongst a vast yard of rusting steam trains and the docks. Once it was closed for the evening, I'd have been sneaking around the fairground.

But, I guess that was the 1970's and to coin a phrase, it never did me any harm.

Fast forward to my own kids and there is no way on god's good earth I'd have let them out of my sight when they were 7 years old. Which itself is then self defeating, because all of a sudden you have a teenager that hasn't been out in the dark or crossed a busy road on their own. 

Is the world more dangerous now? No, it's undoubtedly safer. But we are more scared and more 'informed' than we were back then.

I think that perhaps if we don't know the detail of the particular circumstances it might be best not to judge yet.

Statistically it is no more dangerous for kids these days then it was back in the day, but since a certain Scouse kid went missing on holiday and the social media haters formed the lynch mob, it is definitely more dangerous for parents.

So changes in parental attitudes have probably more to do with parents fearing for themselves, than for their kids.

But of course, having put them under lock and key indoors, they can now take satisfaction in knowledge that their kids are safe in their bedrooms being groomed on the Internet. 

You can't win because the whole child-protection industry is dedicated to scaring the shit out of you.  :(

Edited by MakemineVanilla

For some reason, it really pisses me off when people reply to a post simply saying, "This."

This.

Look, SOMEBODY had to do it.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

If I see another example of someone's shit 'Villa XI' predictions I am going to stab my eyes out.

Or 25 man squads. Or new chants.

• Like 1

So the ball & chain booked our car in to the NCT (mot) which took 6 weeks to get a time slot ......fast forward to this morning, after booking the day off and getting up early cleaned the car inside & out, drove to the test center where the polish guy informed me "you no pay", It took a few mins for him to explaine that even though I put my card details into the online system the money does not get taken out until that day.

Unfortunately the wife only puts enough money into one bank account to cover bills etc (this is the main one we use as for day to day) ....needless to say she didn't put any money in and been a bloke I didnt have a clue how to transfer the money from the other bank account, 10 mins of trying to ring herself to no avail only for me to tell the dude ah well I guess we have to cancel the test, 5 minutes later thee woman rings ...oh yeah ....the moneys in the account now !!!!!!!   would have failed anyway to be fair  

Hunting, seriously reading about this American who has paid 40 grand to shoot a lion in Zimbabwe makes me want to cry. What an absolute bastard.

words removed the lot of em. Ricky Gervaise is doing a good job on Facebook exposing a lot of these retards
  • Like 1

So the ball & chain booked our car in to the NCT (mot) which took 6 weeks to get a time slot ......fast forward to this morning, after booking the day off and getting up early cleaned the car inside & out, drove to the test center where the polish guy informed me "you no pay", It took a few mins for him to explaine that even though I put my card details into the online system the money does not get taken out until that day.

Unfortunately the wife only puts enough money into one bank account to cover bills etc (this is the main one we use as for day to day) ....needless to say she didn't put any money in and been a bloke I didnt have a clue how to transfer the money from the other bank account, 10 mins of trying to ring herself to no avail only for me to tell the dude ah well I guess we have to cancel the test, 5 minutes later thee woman rings ...oh yeah ....the moneys in the account now !!!!!!! would have failed anyway to be fair

Whoo rewind there , you don't know how to transfer money between bank accounts ???

I thought I was a failure to the male species for my inability to perform DIY but suddenly I don't feel so inept after all

Unfortunately the wife only puts enough money into one bank account to cover bills etc (this is the main one we use as for day to day) ....needless to say she didn't put any money in and been a bloke I didnt have a clue how to transfer the money from the other bank account, 10 mins of trying to ring herself to no avail only for me to tell the dude ah well I guess we have to cancel the test, 5 minutes later thee woman rings ...oh yeah ....the moneys in the account now !!!!!!! would have failed anyway to be fair

Whoo rewind there , you don't know how to transfer money between bank accounts ???

I thought I was a failure to the male species for my inability to perform DIY but suddenly I don't feel so inept after all

:D I didnt have the account code & password to do it online and then I would have probably **** it up anyway as I was getting quite irate at her not picking up the phone

whilst we are at it, here's a picture of cricketer Glenn McGrath

CJnmW9kWcAAZSsT.jpg

Don't they cull heffalumps in South Africa as there are zillions of them and they have to keep the numbers in check

Ok maybe shooting it for sport isn't the best culling method but I seem to recall reading that they use the money the hunters pay for conservation purposes ... So 2 birds with one 12 bore

yeah, google images glenn mcgrath safari

he did a good job controlling zillions of other animals too, hyena, deer, water buffalo, wild boar.....

but it's ok, once the public saw the pics and called him out as a bit of a word removed he issued an apology, apparently he later thought it was 'inappropriate'

Hunting, seriously reading about this American who has paid 40 grand to shoot a lion in Zimbabwe makes me want to cry. What an absolute bastard.

words removed the lot of em. Ricky Gervaise is doing a good job on Facebook exposing a lot of these retards

Utter, utter filth. Shot Cecil with a crossbow & took 40 hours to find him, then shot him. He must have been in total agony. Also lured him out of the national park with a dead animal tied to their truck. Absolute rocket polisher.

Edited by Villaninireland
  • Like 1

Â