Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

EBay.

Someone bid £85 for a phone you can walk into the shops and buy for £99.99.

p&p was £8.75.

Why would you do that just to save yourself a fiver? I was happy to pay up to about £70. May as well just get it from the shops instead. Grrrrrr.

Worth it, not to have to mix with other shoppers. I'd pay £5 over.

The Royal Oak pub in Brentford has just been shut down. 

If you know anything about Brentford FC, you'll know why this is significant.

So they now have a pub on 3 corners of the ground?

the tenancy came up for renewal last week and the brewery wanted to jack the rent up  .. got no takers so the pub is no more

My girlfriend's dad.

I've never met him, but he is annoying me.

She's booking a holiday for her parents. It's her mom's birthday so gf and her sisters are paying for their parents to go away.

But he's making it a nightmare. He has so many demands that it's been almost impossible to find anywhere for them to go, even though it's his wife's birthday so it shouldn't really be down to him.

He's decided they're going to Majorca. Hotel needs to be all inclusive, on the beach, air conditioned rooms, must have fridges in the rooms (he needs that for medicine to be fair so that one is fair enough), must be walking distance to a town, must have a pool, must have a TV etc etc

We finally found one which was actually pretty decent. Within budget, ticked everything on the list.

She's just messaged me to say he won't go there because they only put on entertainment 4 nights a week and he wants it every night.

**** sake

are you sure he isn't putting up obstacles because it's outside of his comfort zone and he doesn't really want to go ?

More than likely, yes.

But it was his idea!

Anything on the east, north east and south east side of the island will be perfect. Just don't send him to magaluf.

Porto Colom and cala d'or were lovely.

• Like 1

the tenancy came up for renewal last week and the brewery wanted to jack the rent up  .. got no takers so the pub is no more

Planning permission already obtained for converting to flats apparently. Funny how most breweries seem to be reinventing themselves as property developers these days.

So they now have a pub on 3 corners of the ground?

Yup. Will be largely irrelevant in a year or two anyway, once they move to their new ground but it was always a nice little factoid.

I always liked that you'd be having a pint and then the Brentford players would walk past you on their way to the ground ( im crap at remembering pub names though so it may not have been the Royal Oak in particular where this happens )

I have a couple of friends - my age group - who've been together about 40 years. They have three grown-up kids and three grandchildren. When they first got together they did meet each other's parents, but concluded that the class divide was so huge (his family northern council estate working class, hers home counties army officer tories) that they could never be allowed to meet each other. It's why they never got married. And the families never did meet each other.

My best friend growing up married a girl whose father was a university professor, the mother an artist or whatever. My buddy's father was a mailman. The wedding was hysterical. His parents wanted a Catholic service, but the wife wanted it to be a hippy dippy New Age ceremony and she won out, of course. My buddy's dad had to go up in front of everyone and break a twig or something that was symbolic of something, I can't remember what, but the look on his face was priceless. The reception dinner was table after table of suspicious people trading mean looks, haha

• Like 2

I always liked that you'd be having a pint and then the Brentford players would walk past you on their way to the ground ( im crap at remembering pub names though so it may not have been the Royal Oak in particular where this happens )

Princess Royal, most likely. Royal Oak is on the opposite side of the ground to the main entrance.

Edited by choffer

The modern-day mechanic ....my car was coughing and spluttering one fine day with a warning light glowing ..took it to the official dealer who promised me they would get to the bottom of the matter ..a day later car returned nothing showing on the computer sir and we drove it for twenty mins no problems 50 buckeroos to hook it up to the computer ...10 mins after driving away same again ....drive back the next day with a photo of warning light on and chugging etc ...leave it with us they said we shall dig deeper into the problem....phone call later ..the computer hasn't thrown up any faults ...then came the we can try to dos ....fuel drain , cleaned filers and an oil change later ...same shit ...I have had the car repaired by a registered independent garage since

I play(ed) 7 a side on a weekly basis when I was living back in the UK. Obviously being back I had to partake. Went up for a header with a guy, eyes on the ball. Won the header, nothing was said. Next time I get the ball, facing away from goal and suddenly i'm on my arse and some guy is standing over me saying I'd elbowed him. Come through the back of me, think this...

But from a static starting point. Just nowhere near the ball, right on the side on my knee. Played the rest of the game fine (and won) but now I can't straighten my leg or really put weight on it. Has anyone had injuries like this before? Is it normally impact or should I get checked out?

EDIT: Relevant to topic because it's a friendly game amongst mates and it was stupid.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â