Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Had our AGM at the club I'm a member of, tonight. I've drank at least 3 pints more than I should have, on a Monday night. The prospect of work tomorrow seems very grim at the moment.  

• Like 1

It's more a gentlemen's club, than a working man's club. Although we did pass a new, progressive change to the rules last night. We changed the rule about applicants, to read "person", instead of "gentleman". Welcome to the 21st Century!

• Like 1

Slippery slope, Dave. Slippery slope.

Could have all manner of chaps applying. I guess you'll have to rely on sensible use of 'the black ball' keeping a proper order in the face of having a progressive written constitution.

I noticed recently that Merthyr Social Club voted to retain their annual subs at 50p. That made me smile, 50p annual membership.

I went to the world famous Llywnypia Bowls Association Social Club up the Fawr recently, bought a round of about 6 drinks and had change from a tenner! At which point I realised it was going to be a big night! I sat there regaling the locals with my tales about the big city with its Guinness at £4.50 a pint and drinks that were blue and red and gold, they enjoyed the stories but they didn't really believe me.

• Like 4

I'm a slave to round numbers, be it the tv volume or anything else. I won some money from a Cheltenham competition and had finally got around to lodging it it was a multiple of 100 and in 50s, 20s, 10s. Lodged it, and then immediately took out a tenner for lunch.  :bang:

My dad passed away suddenly just under a fortnight ago.

My mom died suddenly last May, and we'd not really got over that, and now dad's gone as well.

It's not that pisses me off though. It's the sorting everything out. Papers and bills and contracts and agreements, and just clearing the house. It's horrible. It just doesn't end.

Ah man, I am so sorry Chindie. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through  :(

Yeah, hope you're OK Dean. LIfe can be a biyatch at times. All the best mate.

My dad passed away suddenly just under a fortnight ago.

My mom died suddenly last May, and we'd not really got over that, and now dad's gone as well.

It's not that pisses me off though. It's the sorting everything out. Papers and bills and contracts and agreements, and just clearing the house. It's horrible. It just doesn't end.

Hope you're okay mate. Tragic :(

Edited by PieFacE

It's more a gentlemen's club, than a working man's club.

Lap dancing rather than crib, then?

That's the just the kind of lifestyle Quoit Club members live. Premier League footballers ain't got nothing on us!

Slippery slope, Dave. Slippery slope.

Could have all manner of chaps applying. I guess you'll have to rely on sensible use of 'the black ball' keeping a proper order in the face of having a progressive written constitution.

I noticed recently that Merthyr Social Club voted to retain their annual subs at 50p. That made me smile, 50p annual membership.

I went to the world famous Llywnypia Bowls Association Social Club up the Fawr recently, bought a round of about 6 drinks and had change from a tenner! At which point I realised it was going to be a big night! I sat there regaling the locals with my tales about the big city with its Guinness at £4.50 a pint and drinks that were blue and red and gold, they enjoyed the stories but they didn't really believe me.

Our annual subscription is a bit higher than 50p!

The new BBC website (for PC/Laptop).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Looks like something designed for a 6 year old.

It's gone the way if the Sport site. Designed by a 6 year old with ADHD its awful. I don't use the sport site anymore, can't get on with the disjointed format. They've ruined their apps too.

Â