Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'll tell you something that really pisses me off:

The fact that an individual may have a great idea for a business venture, but the barriers to getting anything going are so high, that it's just not possible for the average person.

For example: I've been looking to set up a watersports venture in Cardiff (in partnership with another guy), but the costs just to get the planning permission required will top £12,000. It's a really sound idea, but without big money - we're not getting anywhere. Meanwhile we get refused grants on the basis that the activities won't be available at the Olympics, and hence they're at the back of the queue.

*Destined to work in a crappy office all his life*

Proper filth bag as well (apparently).

How do you know this? :D

I read it somewhere. I think it was in an interview with Steve Jones (C4 presenter). Obviously, he didn't say "She's a proper filth bag", but it was something to that effect.

I would love to think that she takes it up the...

Sorry i was thinking out loud! :D

Being told that after 5 years of working above and beyond, you won't have a job in a couple of months but in the same meeting being given 6 months worth of work to get done before you leave or you won't get your (small) payoff.

(I know this is the "but shouldn't" thread - the reason I posted is because I really can't stand my job so I should be delighted to get canned) ;)

Govt cut-backs - what can you do?

Bigger and better just around the corner (hopefully).

I know a few people including a poster on here how got made redundant then ended up getting a better job afterwards including their payoff.

Yeah, I thought I had a pearler lined-up. Was going to go in for voluntary redundancy and walk into a better job the next day, then they pulled the recruitment. Just have to hope that there's another one coming along soon :)

Â