Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've got two email accounts, one for important stuff and one for general rubbish and I've been waiting for an email to my 'important emails' account and today I saw that I had a new message so with high expectations I open it... and its from my mum forwarding me a picture of a dog pulling a face...

I always have to tell her, send stuff like that to my crap email and also stop forwarding me all those annoying "Send this to 50 people or you'll die!" kind of things.

I've got two email accounts, one for important stuff and one for general rubbish and I've been waiting for an email to my 'important emails' account and today I saw that I had a new message so with high expectations I open it... and its from my mum forwarding me a picture of a dog pulling a face...

I always have to tell her, send stuff like that to my crap email and also stop forwarding me all those annoying "Send this to 50 people or you'll die!" kind of things.

Well you mock, but I think there's something in it. I never forward them - and I'm pretty sure I AM going to die.

:detect:

There are a number of songs I used to love but when I hear them now, my whole body just tenses up.

:lol: Yes, I've done that. I haven't turned against my current alarm song yet though. Probably because it doesn't get into the song enough for that to happen. It's

by the Killers. A nice intro for an alarm.

At the same time, there are songs that I can listen to endlessly on repeat and not get bored.

(sometimes I'll just get lost in the beat, other times get lost in the lyrics)

(just straight up makes me happy)

People who are overly clean, a bloke in our office uses hand steriliser gel after every time he shakes someones hand.

I really should give a shit but it pisses me off no end!

Back to the OCD thread!

People who when giving you your change, they put it on the counter instead of in your outstretched hand.

This is massive on the continent. They have a small plastic dish in which you put and get back your change. In İstanbul also it's the same they look at you strangely when you reach out for the change.

+ Squat toilets. ****. Off.

My maid is my slave, she shall not want ;)
Wha????

It's a continuation of my rant on domestic maids :)

But seriously, it's appalling how maids are treated here - not quite human rights abuse, but not good. I have a friend who complained to me that his domestic servant slacked on the job etc etc and wants to work for an expat. Well duh, if expats treat maids as equals, maids are obviously going to work for them and not locals. Too many people in this country treat domestic workers as their god-given right, and forget that maids are humans as well.

For the record I've never been very comfortable with the idea of having an outsider mop my floor and cook my food (and wash my dishes, ffs. You should see how many spoiled teenagers we have here who can't wash their own bloody dinner plates).

People who are overly clean, a bloke in our office uses hand steriliser gel after every time he shakes someones hand.

I recall my father telling me about a local politician who washed her hands immediately after shaking hands with a fishmonger and paid for it with her political career.

My maid is my slave, she shall not want ;)
Wha????

It's a continuation of my rant on domestic maids :)

But seriously, it's appalling how maids are treated here - not quite human rights abuse, but not good. I have a friend who complained to me that his domestic servant slacked on the job etc etc and wants to work for an expat. Well duh, if expats treat maids as equals, maids are obviously going to work for them and not locals. Too many people in this country treat domestic workers as their god-given right, and forget that maids are humans as well.

For the record I've never been very comfortable with the idea of having an outsider mop my floor and cook my food (and wash my dishes, ffs. You should see how many spoiled teenagers we have here who can't wash their own bloody dinner plates).

Oh I see. I thought perhaps she was required to provide sexual services as well! :shock:

Never had a maid (in any sense of the phrase).

Neil Young's take on the matter

I recall my father telling me about a local politician who washed her hands immediately after shaking hands with a fishmonger and paid for it with her political career.

I am sure I read somewhere that this type of gel does not kill things like H1n1 or similar, they are some sort of molecular husk that the gel can't touch. It just gets rid of all the other nasties.

Might have dreamt that though.

I am sure I read somewhere that this type of gel does not kill things like H1n1 or similar, they are some sort of molecular husk that the gel can't touch. It just gets rid of all the other nasties.

Asafoetida (used in Indian cooking) is used against H1N1 in some eastern countries. So if it's true that it works, then it's safe to say Rob and I will never ever be getting H1N1 :D

Your dreams are shit

Researchers in China are reporting a discovery that could turn rice straw into an inexpensive new renewable source of biofuel.

Their new study, scheduled for the July 16 issue of ACS' bimonthly journal Energy & Fuels, describes a way to boost production of biofuel from rice straw by almost 65 percent.

In the new study, Xiujin Li and colleagues point out that China is the world's largest rice producer, a crop that leaves behind about 230 million tons of rice straw each year. Rice straw is the stem and leaves left behind after harvesting the grains.

Scientists, however, have not tapped rice straw for production of biogas because bacteria cannot easily break down its cellulose due to the complex physical and chemical structures of lignocellulosic biomass.

The researchers treated rice straw with sodium hydroxide before allowing bacteria to ferment it into a biogas. That so-called pretreatment increased biogas production by making more cellulose and other compositions in straw available for digestion by the bacteria. Three prototype facilities have been built in China using this technology.

Rice In Your Gas Tank: Boosting Biofuel Production From Rice Straw

Â