Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm a rapid reader. Whenever we did reading in class I would always be miles ahead as I don't read at a snails pace. That pissed me off no end.
Did you learn to read early? That's usually what does it.

My mum taught me to read by the time I was three. When I started school I was onto Rupert annuals, so I was a bit dismayed on Day One when the reception teacher started teaching the class the alphabet. I told her I could already read. She didn't believe me, so I got a book and showed her. She then gave me the pile of "Janet and John" books they were planning to work through that term. Gripping stuff - "Janet sees John" "John sees Spot" "See Spot run" "Run, Spot, run!" Fucksake. Took me ten minutes and I was bored again. Nightmare.

See I work in engineering and I take in loads of information really quickly.

Mike - yes I did, parents encouraged me to read and do jigsaws from a young age.

I'm a rapid reader. Whenever we did reading in class I would always be miles ahead as I don't read at a snails pace. That pissed me off no end.

I have this problem but with eating. I usually have to wait 5-7 minutes while everyone else finishes their dinner. Does not matter if it's just me and the mrs or a table of 10. I always arrive late as well so everyone can get a bit of a start as well.

I have manners and everything but I think it's my view on the whole food thing, it's something I have to do but I don't enjoy 95 % of the stuff I eat. As far as I am concerned it just gets in the way of good things to do.

That Bisto advert about making a promise to sit down for a proper family meal "one day a week", like it's some huge revolutionary achievement. And what is it? Bangers and mash with instant gravy. Haute **** cuisine!

I'm not saying we never have a takeway in front of the telly, but if we do it's only very occasionally. We've always cooked an evening meal and eaten it as a family, without distractions, ever since the kids were babies. They still appreciate it, too.

I have this problem but with eating. I usually have to wait 5-7 minutes while everyone else finishes their dinner. Does not matter if it's just me and the mrs or a table of 10. I always arrive late as well so everyone can get a bit of a start as well.

I have manners and everything but I think it's my view on the whole food thing, it's something I have to do but I don't enjoy 95 % of the stuff I eat. As far as I am concerned it just gets in the way of good things to do.

Sounds like you're eating the wrong food.

I used to be like that as a kid - not a fast eater, quite the opposite in fact - but I hated mealtimes as an intrusion into my playing time. Then again, my mum's cooking (although hearty and nutritious) was a bit limited in scope.

I love food now, and mealtimes are to be savoured (see my entry about the Bisto ad above!)

That Bisto advert about making a promise to sit down for a proper family meal "one day a week", like it's some huge revolutionary achievement. And what is it? Bangers and mash with instant gravy. Haute **** cuisine!

I'm not saying we never have a takeway in front of the telly, but if we do it's only very occasionally. We've always cooked an evening meal and eaten it as a family, without distractions, ever since the kids were babies. They still appreciate it, too.

I'm with you on that one Mike. The family dinner seems to becoming more of a thing of the past sadly.

I always make an effort to get everyone around the table for our main meal, unfortunately due to work I can't always be there.

Alfie!? Dear God BOF, snap out of it! :lol:

My car doesn't have a name just "you beauty" "you piece of crap" "don't die on me now" "that'll do car" shouted at it.

It's OK to give a car a name if it's an old one, with a couple of stories behind it (even though I wouldnt).

But I dont personally see the point in ascribing a name to something that's just rolled off the forecourt along with 10,000 other identical models.

Â