Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

convinced the missus to go to japan

programme on 5 last night about "the worlds busiest train station" shinjuku, we watched it as our hotel is next door to it, 24 hours in the station

1st part was about how the platforms are that busy theres a danger that people can get trampled, crushed, pushed down the stairs or on to the platform

2nd part was about how the drivers are under that much pressure that 10 years ago one of them went too fast and crashed

then something about japans growing problem of women being groped on the trains

then about the huge number of suicides of tokyo underground

then the terrorist attacks from years ago

then a typhoon hitting the station

then earthquakes

all with a dramatic voice over and dramatic music...

i think the godzilla attack got edited out

im sat there thinking what a load of bollocks, the missus is now of course terrified, damn you channel 5 and your awful programme 

I've never been to Japan, but I used to live in Korea, and I'm fairly sure that public safety will be comparable between the two countries. Trust me, it's so safe it's unreal. For the last six or eight months of living there, I didn't even bother locking my door. It's probably 1000 times safer than opening your front door in Birmingham (or Kidderminster for that matter!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2680178/Is-Blakes-7-budget-JIM-SHELLEY-reviews-The-Anomaly.html

This film review annoys me. Cant believe this guy can even call it a review and secondly how on earth he will be paid for that!

The 38-year-old actor excelled in urban dramas Kidulthood and Adulthood, both of which he wrote. 

As for sci-fi, he’s gone from Doctor Who (as Rose Tyler’s boyfriend Mickey) to Hollywood (Star Trek Into Darkness).

Noel Clarke is a man in a hurry. Having already directed 4.3.2.1 and Kidulthood, his third film - The Anomaly - is set 22 years in the future

Clarke plays Ryan, an ex-soldier who learns he can only stay conscious in bursts of nine minutes and 47 seconds.
A familiar feeling to some of us true, but Ryan has been ‘droned’ by evil DNA scientist Dr Langham (Brian Cox) and  his son Harkin (Vampire Diaries/Lost star Ian Somerhalder).

More...
A runaway success: This comedy about a centenarian going AWOL could be the year's quirkiest hit
Young man on a ride to nowhere: BRIAN VINER reviews Fruitvale Station
This won't do Grace any favours: BRIAN VINER reviews Nicole Kidman's latest film Grace of Monaco
‘These guys want to control my mind,’ the closing techno song screams. 
This is pretty much the whole plot. The theme of confused identity owes much to films such as Source Code, Memento, and Jacob’s Ladder. 
But on a low budget, sci-fi can look more like Blake’s 7.

Ian Somerhalder and Noel Clarke in The Anomaly trailer

The dialogue doesn’t help: ‘You need to run because if you see me it won’t be  me, do you understand?’ Ryan tells  tart-with-a-heart, Dana.
‘No,’ she says, not unreasonably.
As for the title, someone with Clarke’s savvy should know that, even if it did have anything to do with the plot, it’s a dud.

I've never been to Japan, but I used to live in Korea, and I'm fairly sure that public safety will be comparable between the two countries. Trust me, it's so safe it's unreal. For the last six or eight months of living there, I didn't even bother locking my door. It's probably 1000 times safer than opening your front door in Birmingham (or Kidderminster for that matter!)

Me too, best subway system I've seen by far and in sure Japan is the same if not better. Whereabouts did you live Hanoi?

I think it is impossible to be violently assaulted in Korea (unless you defecate on their flag or something), but it's the same for most north East Asian cities.

Off to Korea and Japan in October. First time in Japan so a review would be appreciated V4E :)

Probably come up loads of times, but people who stink do my nut. Do they just not give a shit? Surely they must know if they don't wash then the likelihood is they will smell bad. Even a quick rinse around the key areas Garth Marenghi style would suffice if you don't have time for a full shower. Bit of deodorant on top, is it that hard? It's horrible when you're with someone who stinks, then they walk off but leave their stench, and then someone else walks in the room and looks at you funny as if it's you that's minging the place out.

Troon this guy is a serious legend, great bloke and I really miss working with him. I keep meaning to pop round because I ay saw him for a couple of years. His name is legendary, but christ was he a pervert.

Me too, best subway system I've seen by far and in sure Japan is the same if not better. Whereabouts did you live Hanoi?

I think it is impossible to be violently assaulted in Korea (unless you defecate on their flag or something), but it's the same for most north East Asian cities.

Off to Korea and Japan in October. First time in Japan so a review would be appreciated V4E :)

Lived in Gunsan, about halfway down the west coast in Jeollabuk-do. Wouldn't recommend a visit, it was pretty dull. Jeonju is cool though, great film festival and some good bars and restaurants. How about you?

Edited by HanoiVillan

Anyang-si which is a satellite city of Seoul just to the south west of it. Really looking forward to visiting, it will be first time back in 2 and half years and we know how fast Korea changes.

I'm also worried about how much I'm going to eat!

Â