Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The day after a work Christmas party. So, your employer gives free champagne, wine, beer and cocktails for six hours, knowing that most people will go on to another venue, and then expects everyone to be in work the next day!

They should just cut their losses and give everyone the day off because even though people have turned up, it's a **** shambles. Nobody even bothers to pretend they're doing anything apart from the try-hard clearings in the woods who either didn't go to a thoroughly enjoyable, fun, and once per year event; or they went or a couple but were home by 9PM. They should be left to hold the fort, whilst the rest of us stay at home to be hungover in peace.

I'll be in the 'home by 9pm' group. Mine is later this week, and we're going out for a meal at 5:30, and then out on the town. So straight after work with no chance to go home and get changed. Pretty shit arrangement so I'll go for the food, a quick pint and hopefully be home by 7:30.

What if it was a completely free event for 500 people and you were given at least an hour and a half to get changed?

**** Christmas partys, only second to new years partys in being the worst time to have a beer because everywhere is full of words removed who only go out at Xmas and new year. I'll spend my xmas/bday/newyear period getting pissed at home on my own and ill enjoy it.

• Like 1

My works christmas do is tonight .... I'm still in the office and will be for another couple of hours :(

bit of a bummer but such are the demands of having a huge US based client sometimes

TBH I don't ever drink at my work do around people I work with so no biggie to miss it .. I'll be getting shit faced at the weekend with my old school mates instead :)

Just how big is this US based client ?

Huge :)

Didn't I already say :)

TBH I don't ever drink at my work do around people I work with so no biggie to miss it

Well, the work do isn't really for you big boss types. ;)

It's for the minions to get bladdered at their employer's/employers'/bosses' expense - so let's hope you've not forgotten to front up at the bar with your 'big US client & must hang around the office for a couple of hours' excuse. :P

Huge not big FFS !! :)

Tbh our works do is just a meal and drinks so not that exciting and no scandals ever break out ... We did the theme night parties a few times and a lot of the staff didn't enjoy it very much so now it's just dinner and a few dozen bottles of wine

You'll be pleased to know my card footed the bill and I clocked up a few more Airmiles towards my next free flight :)

• Like 1

Our office Xmas parties used to be really good, but have got steadily worse over the years as the good people left and got replaced with clearings in the woods. 

As I'm on part-time retirement wind-down I won't be around for them this year - but I probably wouldn't have gone anyway. 

I'm down to working out the very short list of good folks I want to go boozing with when I finally escape in January. 

I hate working with most of my colleagues so the thought of going out in my own time to 'enjoy' myself with them just makes me want to end it all. 

I'll spend works night out with my friends or family and have a good time instead.

• Like 1

I hate working with most of my colleagues so the thought of going out in my own time to 'enjoy' myself with them just makes me want to end it all. 

I'll spend works night out with my friends or family and have a good time instead.

This.

A more concentrated bunch of arseholes, I'd be troubled to find. Quite happy to show my face for a short while, but as soon as there's an exit opportunity, i'm gone.

• Like 1

It is grim if you don't like your colleagues, and I can see why people would want to avoid any form of work-related social event. Fortunately, the average age in my place is around 30, and most people are easy to get on with. Plus there's a number of absolute stunners knocking around, so seeing them super-dolled up at our Christmas Ball was a sight to behold.

• Like 1

It is grim if you don't like your colleagues, and I can see why people would want to avoid any form of work-related social event. Fortunately, the average age in my place is around 30, and most people are easy to get on with. Plus there's a number of absolute stunners knocking around, so seeing them super-dolled up at our Christmas Ball was a sight to behold.

PICS or GTFO

• Like 3

What pisses me off ...

... is that the 'leaked intimate' video of Fernanda Lima (of world cup draw fame *wibble*) is utterly disappointing (I now imagine all VTers scurrying off to google to find said video :D)

What pisses me off ...

... is that the 'leaked intimate' video of Fernanda Lima (of world cup draw fame *wibble*) is utterly disappointing (I now imagine all VTers scurrying off to google to find said video :D)

SFW?

What pisses me off ...

I'm already disappointed, had assumed you were talking about the girl from Paraguay. You all know the one.

Â