Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Gugjohnsson is class, I would love him at Villa. When he was reaching his peak at Chelski he never really got a proper tun inthe team and againat CHelski. I thnk given a proper run He'd score enough goals for us. WHen he was at Chelski I gelt only ZOla was better than him. THJe guy is class and I was gutted when our ruoured bid of 5m failed and he ended up at Chelski. At 28 he is not old, for the right money he's at the perfect age.

Gudjohnsson to Villa? yes yes yes yes yes yes yes please.

Absoluteley a superb layer. Check out the ratio of wins/goals in of Chelski games he played tp ones he didn't. Oh please let s sign him

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gudjohnsen is the sort of striker we need to buy - however, iirc Gudjohnsen is happy were he is

i couldn't disagree more. we need an out and out GOALSCORER!

something which he is not, ditto Carew & Agbonlahor

I'm not so sure about Gabby. I'd say he can be.

I have my tin-hat at the ready here, but...

First of all - I would love to see Gudjohnsen at the Villa. I also think he is a teriffic footballer.

However, is it just me or does a front pairing of him & Carew sound like it might lack a few goals?

But Gudjohnsen and Moore wouldn't.

I think if we were to sign the excellent footballer that is Eidur Gudjohnsen, we would rotate the 4 strikers for the needs of the game. I'd like to see us do that anyway to be honest, I think that all 3 of our strikers are too good to be on the bench for a sustained period of time and no doubt the same will go for any newcomers.

Im not so sure that Gudjohnsen could be tempted to join us on the promise of being rotated with 3 others. He could stay at Barca and do that!

Everyone will talk about second season syndrome and how Gabby will suffer from this but i tend to disagree. The difference between his first season and others such as Davis is that Gabby could have been better where as Davis seemed to play to the best of his ability and set him self too high a standard to continue by. Gabby suffered harsh criticism during the middle of the season and got though it to look an improved player. He can and will play better and I'm really excited for him for next season.

Gabby and Moore are out and out goalscorers.I really hope moore stays and fix his alleged attitude problem.Gabby can score goals regularly when playing in the striker position and not on the wing.Gabby reminds me of thierry henry and playing of the last defender, will score about 15 goals if played regularly.Moore is the most natural finisher at the club.He has the ability or luck? to turn up at the right place at the right time and is a poacher.Add Gudjohnsen and we will have brilliant options.And if carew gets injured,touch wood,eidur can takeover even though they don't have similar playing styles.

Gabby and Luke are similar in some ways, both quick, both good finishers. Luke is the better footballer, but Gabby is so quick it's frightening both are capable of scoring lots of goals. Carew is a different type of striker to those two.

I think we need someone who can cover Carew, and complement the other two. Gudjohnsen would be perfect, but I'm not sure he'd come unless he was a guaranteed starter, and I don't know how Carew would react to being relegated to the bench.

I suspect that Alan Smith might be more likely.

You don't necessarily need to have at least one player to bang in the goals - a victory is enough yes?

Gudjohnsen and Carew would be a handful, even though it wouldn't be expected for any of them to score more than 10-12 goals.

Gabby is the reason i'm not sure if I want a gun striker brought in. Cover, yes, a high level striker (one of the ones we've been linked with) no.

My reason is that I think Gabby will be better than all of the strikers we've been linked with. Quick, strong and balanced, knows where the goals are and can finish. He caused havoc for defences when he was finally unleashed up forward near the end of the season. And he will only get better, but he needs to be on the pitch getting gametime to get better. He is also just about perfectly suited to be playing aside John Carew. He can be our 20 goal a season striker.

IMO, we will see both Gabby and Carew score 15 next season. I'd take that definitely, 20 goal a season striker or not.

we need to get in for Koumas before blues or fulham snap him up (have both had bids rejected ref bbc news). He is quality, very cheap and can play in various positions...

Just what we need. He is a major step up from the 'squad' players we are used to. Not all our signings can be stars. He'd be ours for £4-5 million and at that price in todays market that is a steal...

I also wouldnt go above £8 mill for NRC. Any higher and we are being ripped off...

Then go in for Geremi (can play rb and midfield) and Luke Young for back up for RB and then we only have the striker spot to fill which Im in 2 minds as to whether we actually need anyone?

So thats :

Koumas - 5 mill / Geremi 5-6mill / Luke Young - 2-3 mill / NRC - 8mill / De Jong - 3mill?

So thats 25mill give or take and we have a very strong squad. We still have Carew, Moore, Gabby, Maloney, Young, Sutton who can all play up front. However if we still need a striker lets say Bellamy or Defoe (not my first picks but not sure who else for the same money MON will have on his radar) for 8-10million..(we can live with Tommy as our GK for another season me thinks)

Thats 35million in all and would give us one hell of a squad....could enough to seriously challenge for 4th-5th place....

Bent to West Am for 80grand a week, looks like they just batter the opposition with massive wages.

Probably means no Defoe to Villa.

West Am just get on with buying their players....