Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Well I did say about 30 or so pages ago (cant be bothered to search back) that Eidur G would be a brilliant signing for us. he can score goals, has technique, vision, comfortable on the ball and could possibly be a similar player to Merson.

surely we want a striker that scores goals for fun ? not a playmaker type that will chip in with 10 or so

we need a proper, out and out, goalscorer

Luke Moore?

Luke Moore and also Gabby so long as he isn't played as a winger.

Problem solved then.Then its settled,we sign gudjohnsen for the next striking position. :lol: :winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did say about 30 or so pages ago (cant be bothered to search back) that Eidur G would be a brilliant signing for us. he can score goals, has technique, vision, comfortable on the ball and could possibly be a similar player to Merson.

surely we want a striker that scores goals for fun ? not a playmaker type that will chip in with 10 or so

we need a proper, out and out, goalscorer

Luke Moore?

Luke Moore and also Gabby so long as he isn't played as a winger.

You dont think Gabby will meet the wall next season? Personally i think he will be wrapped like a cocoon and look like this seasons Davis.

Gabby is different to Davis in my opinion as I don't think Davis was all that good in his first season as he lacks either pace or physical strength whereas I think Gabby has the pace and fitness to cope with the demands of the premiership.

Whatever - if your comment wasn't sarcasm then I apologize for misjudging you but I am not the only one who thought that it was a dig at Villa being slow moving. It just annoys me the panic that seems to infest the messageboard at the moment. For every post there is saying calm down we haven't got a problem, there are ten posts saying we have to buy know or we've missed the boat. Simple fact is we will not be able to judge whether we had a good transfer window until it closes. It does not matter at all what other teams are doing right now.

See i dont see this panic that 'infests' the board there are a few that pop on and are impatient but its not posts after posts of people panicking and kicking off because we havent signed so and so like it was in Jan.

Infact there seems to be far more posts from people almost enjoying talking down from their high horse about not panicking, when its hardly going crazy! :o

I wonder if, when these people start to question everyone else is aloud too?

If Spam sign Darren Bent regardless of how much for....

i shall be very jealous...pure and simple...

The Bellamy link has cooled,Bent may be off to Spam, Nugent rumoured to have signed for Sunderland...

me thinks MON is going to sign a foreign striker

You dont think Gabby will meet the wall next season? Personally i think he will be wrapped like a cocoon and look like this seasons Davis.
All managers have "their" players and Gabby strikes me as one of MON's boys. I think there are quite a few ways in which Gabby is lacking but he isn't just a sprinter. He seems to have a real killer instinct in front of goal, and he's timing his runs better and better. Which is why I'd like to see cover brought in for Carew and a decent right back too before we go worrying about where the goals are going to come from. I'm convinced that Gabby and/or Luke can deliver. Davis? Mm. That's another problem.

Jez, not being funny, but when did Villa bid (Legitimately) for Defoe??

At the end of last summer i think, or it might of been Jan cannot remember which but it was rejected.

Jez, not being funny, but when did Villa bid (Legitimately) for Defoe??

At the end of last summer i think, or it might of been Jan cannot remember which but it was rejected.

i dont think we ever officially bid for him...

there was no quotes from MON or anybody within villa regarding Defoe

Can we stop the bickering please? I know we're bored, but let's not take it out on each other.....

Anyway, back to an earlier 'link'........

As much as I think Eidur Gudjohnsen is absolute class, I really can't see how he'd fit into our system. Instead of Carew maybe, but not with him. Not near enough goal potential.

For me Carew is the third name on the teamsheet, one of only 4 or 5 players we own who I can see being good enough for the 'top'. So I can't see him being replaced this early in the game.

Gudjohnsen is a no-no.

We were after SWP but not Defoe. As far as I know that was the only target we didnt get for reasons that were later made known.

It could be that we go back for SWP. I suppose it depends on whether Chelsea see him as having a future with him. I see no reason why MON would have changed his mind in 6 months unless he has a better target in mind.

Young can play on the left, SWP on the right with Maloney, Berger, Barry and Steiber for cover. Works for me.

I would love Gudjohnsen, he can cover up front for JC and play as an attacking midfielder when he is not covering up front.

I'm not sure. He's got a good work ethic, but I'm not sure we've got the right midfield to compliment him. We'd need a 'proper' defensive mid IMO.

As much as I think Eidur Gudjohnsen is absolute class, I really can't see how he'd fit into our system. Instead of Carew maybe, but not with him. Not near enough goal potential.

Gudjohnsen is a no-no.

IIRC Big John does miss his fair share of games through injury, and as you suggest Eidur would be an alternative rather than a compliment to him.

we need that alternative/option IMO, and i really like Eidur. Not sure if he'd be happy as a back-up striker though ....

We were after SWP but not Defoe. As far as I know that was the only target we didnt get for reasons that were later made known.

It could be that we go back for SWP. I suppose it depends on whether Chelsea see him as having a future with him. I see no reason why MON would have changed his mind in 6 months unless he has a better target in mind.

Young can play on the left, SWP on the right with Maloney, Berger, Barry and Steiber for cover. Works for me.

I think perhaps Young replaced SWP in MON's mind, thus we're not interested now?