Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus i reckon if we got ONE big name...it could open the door and let other big players give us some notice and be willing to step up....unlikely...but possible....

I can see where you're coming from with that. It happened at Arsenal, Chelsea and to a lesser extent the likes of Middlesbrough and Bolton have had their profiles raised significantly by what appear to be 'one in a million' signings. BUT, in most of those cases it was a slow process. One player at a time.

Also, I don't think any of the players you mention happen to have a high enough profile. There's no Gullit, no Bergkamp, not even a Juninho.

El Hierro. You heard Villa are allegedly in talks with Barcelona.

Do you know regarding which player?

Weren't we linked to Gudjohnsen in January?

there´ll be a few on there way this summer from Barça.

Gudjohnsen, Giuly, Edmilson, Belletti, Van Bronchorst, Ezquerro are all expected to leave and that's not to mention Eto'o and Ronaldinho, although their relevance to us is zero.

Can someone tell me...who the hell is David Odonkor...?and is he any good..one on the OS rumours page...

Plays for Real Betis, right sided midfielder/winger with lightning pace and played for Germany but had a bad injury last year playing an international so missed a lot of the season. Would we need him with Young and Maloney?

Odonkor is a German right winger, stupidly fast. Currently at Betis but I don't think he's played much this season. Beyond that I dunno.

so he's good then????

I never saw any speculation related to him...do you think it might be Villas sneaky way of telling us there is something there by having it on the OS...or maybe pondering..putting it up and then logging on to VT to see what we think???

There'd be little point in signing Odonkor IMO. He's pretty much Gabby but more technical and happy on the wing. The only way I'd see us being interested would be as competition for Young but even then...

do you think it might be Villas sneaky way of telling us there is something there by having it on the OS...or maybe pondering..putting it up and then logging on to VT to see what we think???

Yes, I'm sure that's how they decide on which players we should sign.

do you think it might be Villas sneaky way of telling us there is something there by having it on the OS...or maybe pondering..putting it up and then logging on to VT to see what we think???

Yes, I'm sure that's how they decide on which players we should sign.

I said to see what we think i did not say to friggin sign!!!!! :bang: