Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent to West Am for 80grand a week, looks like they just batter the opposition with massive wages.

Probably means no Defoe to Villa.

West Am just get on with buying their players....

And where does it say that West Ham have signed Bent??? I've just looked and there are no reports of Bent to West Ham. How can you make something that hasn't even happened a negative on Villa I have no idea.

Bent to West Am for 80grand a week, looks like they just batter the opposition with massive wages.

Probably means no Defoe to Villa.

West Am just get on with buying their players....

Its not a done deal yet, but I told you that he was going to West Ham. However...for 80 grand per week and a fee of £18m it is way off his value really. The player is 28. I know he is something special and a very skilled striker.

I´m impressed by West Ham ambition to improve and to improve hugely. There is no doubt that they do what they can to make a mark in Premier and they will be a very much better side with players like Parker and Bent. It looks like Tevez is getting sold soon...so he wont be at West Ham. That sounds good because a striker pair of Tevez and Bent would be a real threat to our euro ambitions.

Its not a done deal yet, but I told you that he was going to West Ham. However...for 80 grand per week and a fee of £18m it is way off his value really. The player is 28. I know he is something special and a very skilled striker.

And your source is the Daily Star/BBC Gossip Column. Which doesn't even know how old he is. And clearly nor do you.

So why dont you tell me instead of being such a ass? You are constantly hunting me around in post trying to make fun of me or to bully me around and I am getting really fed up with your attitude!

They probably mixed up Darren with Marcus and Darren is 23...so how difficult is it to write that without trying to be such a besserwisser all the time?

Towards the end of his time at Chelski, Eidur also played in a more withdrawn role from attack and tended to play in a midfield three with Lumpard and Makelele, cuz he has good technique and not that much pace, he did that role really well

Carew......................Gabby/Luke

..................EG................................

Barry.........NRC/Stan...........Young

Not bad eh?

Just wish the rumours had some truth in them

Whatever it is,Bent was never expected to come to VP anyway.We weren't even linked with him.The shammers don't even deserve to stay up.Karma will get them back next season and they will be shit.Defoe might still come here if spurs sign another striker.I don't think Jol might stop searching for a striker if bent goes to whu.

And where does it say that West Ham have signed Bent??? I've just looked and there are no reports of Bent to West Ham. How can you make something that hasn't even happened a negative on Villa I have no idea.

:lol:

How did i manage to make anything negative about Villa?

I was reporting a possible transfer that in the long scheme of things effects us..

Well I did say about 30 or so pages ago (cant be bothered to search back) that Eidur G would be a brilliant signing for us. he can score goals, has technique, vision, comfortable on the ball and could possibly be a similar player to Merson.

Onebody who watched our FA cup semi-final will remember how he tore us apart at times and we made a huge mistake in not going after him at the end of that season IMO

Where this Bent rumour (to the shammer on 80k) coming from Jez, nowt on Skysports???

Any link??

Its the lead in a few papers, reporting of it pretty confident i.e most likely going to happen.

15mill plus 2 players and 80grand a week.

If anyone else was interested West Am have just doubled the fee and wages, meaning everyone else is screwed!

Obviously not signed yet but looking that way imo.

i we dont get an annoucement by end of next week ill start to worry a little as a team that is expecting to sign a good few players should have at least one confirmed by then..

I hope we can get our players so that they all get a full pre-season with MON, it would make all the difference....

Well I did say about 30 or so pages ago (cant be bothered to search back) that Eidur G would be a brilliant signing for us. he can score goals, has technique, vision, comfortable on the ball and could possibly be a similar player to Merson.

surely we want a striker that scores goals for fun ? not a playmaker type that will chip in with 10 or so

we need a proper, out and out, goalscorer

Which papers, if it's The Star (as Ml1dch points out) and The Sun, it's most likely bollocks.... I'll wait until it's on SS as a rumour... I believe the UK tabloids as much as I believe Blair.... i.e. not a lot (as one Paul Daniels would say)!!

I think Gabby can hot 20 goals in one season - look at what he has achieved playing on the wing.

what exactly ? i don't ever see Gabby as a 20 goals a season man myself. he'll always be around 10-15

but he brings a lot else to the side too

First of all 20 goals is just reached by one or two every season. And it's the usual suspects who's done that. 15 goals is good enough and I think that Gabby can reach that if he's played regurarly as a striker.

Then the "rumour" about Gudjohnsen, which I believe is more a suggestion on this site and others than a real rumour, is a good but rather strange one. Can hardly see him and Carew in the same strike force. But I can see him as the link between the midfield and the strikers as someone else pointed out already. If signed I'd like to see him as such in a 4-4-2 with a diamond formed midfield or as the one behind the strikers in a 3-5-2. Nevertheless he'd be a great signing. Don't think he'll be too expensive either. From what I've heard they're not that happy with him in Barcelona. The fans, that is. Don't know about the squad, etc. I think I'd prefer Giuly, though. He's not that liked either by the fans.

:lol:

How did i manage to make anything negative about Villa?

I was reporting a possible transfer that in the long scheme of things effects us..

"West Am just get on with buying their players.... "

If you make a comment like that, to me that is a critique of Villa. (i.e. Villa doesn't get on with buying their players). But heh its all about opinions isn't it - I must be stupid to think that Villa have 6+ weeks to get the players THEY want and don't have to panic .like everyone else (as the transfer window isn't even open yet)