Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Young was signed as a right midfielder (in my mind at least), but he was tried as a striker. I am certain this was just a try out from MON, he sees Young as a winger.

Barry was tried out in the middle and we had Berger on the left and in the middle, Young on the right etc etc.

Now what do you think MON has in mind over positions and possible transfer when you take this into account?

I reckon Barry a left midfielder (like Giggs without pace/which is Giggs right now) and Young on the right as a winger, like Ronaldo. I like the defensive/attacking

blend which many teams have. It gives you a perfect attacking and defending formation, because that's what we want. I don't want us to have the perfect defensive record because it would mean we don't score enough goals. Also, I don't want us to go gung-ho like Spurs because that would mean letting in too many goals.

What do you think?

Ashley Young was signed as a right midfielder (in my mind at least), but he was tried as a striker. I am certain this was just a try out from MON, he sees Young as a winger.

Barry was tried out in the middle and we had Berger on the left and in the middle, Young on the right etc etc.

Now what do you think MON has in mind over positions and possible transfer when you take this into account?

I reckon Barry a left midfielder (like Giggs without pace/which is Giggs right now) and Young on the right as a winger, like Ronaldo. I like the defensive/attacking

blend which many teams have. It gives you a perfect attacking and defending formation, because that's what we want. I don't want us to have the perfect defensive record because it would mean we don't score enough goals. Also, I don't want us to go gung-ho like Spurs because that would mean letting in too many goals.

What do you think?

I think with everyone fit MON will play 4-3-3 but wants a large, quality squad so there are many options.

If MON signs Reo-Coker and that's it for our midfield I am not too happy, but with Sneijder or someone like him as well I would soon change my view. You need alternatives for the games Arsenal away and Sunderland at home. Also, players dip in form even though they are fit. Having a certain spot in the team is never good. Sure Barry and Carew is always going to start, like Henry and Fabregas, but players like Mellberg, Petrov, Young and Agbonlahor needs to be pushed all the way.

Some rumours on another forum was that we have agreed a fee with Lyon for Florent Malouda, which is probably bollocks as last i heard he was making his mind up between the top 4! :bonk:

If MON signs Reo-Coker and that's it for our midfield I am not too happy, but with Sneijder or someone like him as well I would soon change my view. You need alternatives for the games Arsenal away and Sunderland at home.

How many midfield options do you want ?

Reo Coker, Barry, Petrov, Gardner, Young, Maloney, Davis, Berger, Osbourne ...

that's quite a variety to mix and match for any given game (IMO)

Some rumours on another forum was that we have agreed a fee with Lyon for Florent Malouda, which is probably bollocks as last i heard he was making his mind up between the top 4! :bonk:

In what way does the fact he is discussing terms with the top 4 clubs mean we can't agree a fee with his club?

In what way does the fact he is discussing terms with the top 4 clubs mean we can't agree a fee with his club?

because Lyon are asking for 17 million

considering we need 4 - 5 quality players in, i can't see us spending 17 million on 1 player, thats if our budget is 30 million or 40

If MON signs Reo-Coker and that's it for our midfield I am not too happy, but with Sneijder or someone like him as well I would soon change my view. You need alternatives for the games Arsenal away and Sunderland at home.

How many midfield options do you want ?

Reo Coker, Barry, Petrov, Gardner, Young, Maloney, Davis, Berger, Osbourne ...

that's quite a variety to mix and match for any given game (IMO)

But very few of them are good enough for where we are heading.

Reo-Coker isn't signed yet and isn't proven, Barry is our man yes, Petrov will get better I have no doubt about it, Gardner is not proven at all and might have a tough season, Young I have hopes for, Maloney is not proven, Davis is on his way out after a tough season, Berger is old and injury prone and Osbourne isn't good enough as of now. We need proven quality

What forum was it? sounds like a laugh.

I know everyone will say the obvious is impossible...but how would u all feel about these as our summer signings.:

Gudjonssen- 8 million

Reo Coker - 7 million

Micah Richards - 12.5 mill + add ons

Sneidjer - 11 million

Good Cheap full back(left) - 1.5 million

Thats 40 mill...i think well spent!!!!!

Thoughts???

That's

Thoughts?

I know everyone will say the obvious is impossible...but how would u all feel about these as our summer signings.:

Gudjonssen- 8 million

Reo Coker - 7 million

Sneidjer - 11 million

Thoughts???

That's

Thoughts?

:nod:

If that happened I would probably have to change my pants. Then change them again not too long later.

Gudjonssen- 8 million

Reo Coker - 7 million

Sneidjer - 11 million

Thoughts???

That's

Thoughts?

I think you're living in la-la land. I'm as ambitious as the next man, I believe that there could be a slim chance we might be able to get one of those players if the circumstances were right. But the odds on getting all of them?

You're right....impossible.....

Well at least i got everyone back to talking transfers!!!WE might as well have fun since there is nothing we know going on..instead of stressing ourselves to ****...let's get the thread back to Rumours...speculation....and suggestions!!! 8) :winkold: