Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports say Lyon are waiting for an un-named English club to come in for Malouda. Slightest chance it is us?

Nope. Liverpool & Chelsea are the clubs being mentioned, and are also the class of club who he will end up at.

Have I not said many times that Spurs made an offer for Young? They were very serious as they wanted him to play on the left and had nothing to do with Lennon. I know its hard to believe for some of you but you're just going to have to accept that we won that one. Please move on from this one now.

i'll move on if i ever see or hear of any proof. but at the moment all i have is hearsay

if they'd made a bid surely it would have made the news at the very least ?

i'm not suggesting he'd have even gone there if they did, but as far as i recall only Villa made a bid once he'd turned West Ham down

its not really important now anyway as he's ours. i just don't think we fought anybody else off for him

Have I not said many times that Spurs made an offer for Young? They were very serious as they wanted him to play on the left and had nothing to do with Lennon. I know its hard to believe for some of you but you're just going to have to accept that we won that one. Please move on from this one now.

i'll move on if i ever see or hear of any proof. but at the moment all i have is hearsay

i'm not suggesting he'd have even gone there if they did, but as far as i recall only Villa made a bid once he'd turned West Ham down

its not really important now anyway as he's ours. i just don't think we fought anybody else off for him

Well, you can take my word for it or not but it did happen. I said so at the time if anybody wants to check the archives. God knows I cant be arsed. I had a fantastic source for that one.

If you think everything that happens makes the news....well. It doesnt.

Trust Mon and sit back patiently and wait with confidence for the new signings.

Reasons:

Jon Carew - brilliant deal.

Ashley Young - superb signing.

shaun Maloney - an absolute steal.

Stilyan Petrov - a classy player who will come good.

Chris Sutton - a really shrewd deal spoiled by a freak injury.

Gavin McCann and other sidelined senior players moved on to make way for further real quality buys.

Just half a dozen reasons why we should stop arguing amongst ourselves and wait for the excitement to begin. :lol:

Spurs did make an offer for Young, but pulled out of the bidding after it passed a certain threshold. Various Spurs ITKs said this at the time. You may not consider this to be proof, but short of a written description by Daniel Levy as to what happened there is never going to be any absolute proof.

Villa valued (or wanted) Young more than us and so were willing to pay more - end of story really.

Nearly 700 pages on this thread, no confirmired signings, bar the kids. I'm not impatient for signings, I believe they will come and that they will be quality and help move us forward. So looking forward to them being announced tho.....not for the players but so we have something to really talk about on this thread instead of petty point scoring over each other. Get a grip.

Spurs did make an offer for Young, but pulled out of the bidding after it passed a certain threshold. Various Spurs ITKs said this at the time. You may not consider this to be proof, but short of a written description by Daniel Levy as to what happened there is never going to be any absolute proof.

Villa valued (or wanted) Young more than us and so were willing to pay more - end of story really.

There we go.

you want 1 thread with hundreds of pages to talk about nothing or feckin hundreds of threads with three pages to talk about nothing?

I know which I prefer

Dude, I was joking, drink some de-caf or something :D

It's really quite straightforward.

- Fitz, the general and MON has promised us big signings, but nothing has happened yet.

- La Liga isn't finished

- Some guy at the Vital Villa forum said Villa have been in talks with Barca for quite a while now.

- It all adds up :winkold:

- Fitz, the general and MON has promised us big signings, but nothing has happened yet.

Have they? I'm not sure they said that, did they promise?

Would you class NRC as a big signing? I know some wouldn't, i would image the club would though...

so he didn't choose us over you, you just pulled out after his price went above a certain level ?

I agree with GlastonSpur at this one, I remember I followed the transfer closely and after

West Ham had a bid accepted for 10+ millions we were the only one to bid after they failed

to reach an agreement. If I remember correctly their bid wasn't accepted, was it 6,5 million?

They have a very similar player in Aaron Lennon and don't really need Young as much as we do