Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

"West Am just get on with buying their players.... "

If you make a comment like that, to me that is a critique of Villa. (i.e. Villa doesn't get on with buying their players). But heh its all about opinions isn't it - I must be stupid to think that Villa have 6+ weeks to get the players THEY want and don't have to panic .like everyone else (as the transfer window isn't even open yet)

You can take it how you like, but your wrong.

Your also wrong about having 6+ weeks, MON said he wanted most of deals in before pre-season. As pre-season starts 3 weeks today i think, so not as long as you think!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Look spud man .... Why oh Why do you continue to post none Villa, spuds releted shite on here...

It may have escaped your notice, but:

1) Bent has been mentioned many times in this transfer speculation thread as a possible Villa target

2) Defoe has been mentioned many times in this thread as a possible Villa target

3) Defoe's departure from Spurs may, for all I know, hinge on Bent's arrival

4) I responded to a post by a Villa fan about Bent

For all these reasons, what I've said is not 'none Villa ... shite' and so is probably (I'm guessing) of interest to at least some of the posters on this thread - yourself obviously not included.

dont know if this has been mentioned but Tuncay's agent has said in a turkish newspaper that he has agreed to join Boro on a free transfer....

i respect that MON obviously showed no interest in this player.....

but i think we have missed out on a very creative and european class player

Yup, with their one player purchased to our zero, they're really streaking away from us.

What the hell is peoples problem? Are West Am buying players or not?

What is wrong with that statement, why is everyone getting their nickers in a twist!

For all these reasons, what I've said is not 'none Villa ... shite' and so is probably (I'm guessing) of interest to at least some of the posters on this thread - yourself obviously not included.

I have some interest because it effects MON's interest in Defoe.

Which is Nil.... Not seen one credible story!!

What apart from when we bid for him last season? I think that warrants some interest from MON.

I am fed up with Glastonspurs comments about Spurs. Frankly, I couldn't care less about what he has to say on the matter as although he seems a nice and respectful individual, it is becoming tiresome.

We still have Carew, Moore, Gabby, Maloney, Young, Sutton who can all play up front

Good post, but I don't think Sutton will play footie again....

And if he does.... it should be for another team.... NOT GOOD ENOUGH.... send him back to Blose!!

Well I did say about 30 or so pages ago (cant be bothered to search back) that Eidur G would be a brilliant signing for us. he can score goals, has technique, vision, comfortable on the ball and could possibly be a similar player to Merson.

surely we want a striker that scores goals for fun ? not a playmaker type that will chip in with 10 or so

we need a proper, out and out, goalscorer

Luke Moore?

... Look spud man .... Why oh Why do you continue to post none Villa, spuds releted shite on here...

It may have escaped your notice, but:

1) Bent has been mentioned many times in this transfer speculation thread as a possible Villa target

2) Defoe has been mentioned many times in this thread as a possible Villa target

3) Defoe's departure from Spurs may, for all I know, hinge on Bent's arrival

4) I responded to a post by a Villa fan about Bent

Oh God, not you, talking about Spurs, again!!!

What apart from when we bid for him last season? I think that warrants some interest from MON.

Did we... I can't remember any concrete bids.. Tabloid rumours only... IIRC.... i.e. not one credible story!!

Anyway weren't we desperate last season??

Well I did say about 30 or so pages ago (cant be bothered to search back) that Eidur G would be a brilliant signing for us. he can score goals, has technique, vision, comfortable on the ball and could possibly be a similar player to Merson.

surely we want a striker that scores goals for fun ? not a playmaker type that will chip in with 10 or so

we need a proper, out and out, goalscorer

Luke Moore?

Luke Moore and also Gabby so long as he isn't played as a winger.

If you make a comment like that, to me that is a critique of Villa. (i.e. Villa doesn't get on with buying their players). But heh its all about opinions isn't it - I must be stupid to think that Villa have 6+ weeks to get the players THEY want and don't have to panic .like everyone else (as the transfer window isn't even open yet)

You can take it how you like, but your wrong.

Your also wrong about having 6+ weeks, MON said he wanted most of deals in before pre-season. As pre-season starts 3 weeks today i think, so not as long as you think!

Whatever - if your comment wasn't sarcasm then I apologize for misjudging you but I am not the only one who thought that it was a dig at Villa being slow moving. It just annoys me the panic that seems to infest the messageboard at the moment. For every post there is saying calm down we haven't got a problem, there are ten posts saying we have to buy know or we've missed the boat. Simple fact is we will not be able to judge whether we had a good transfer window until it closes. It does not matter at all what other teams are doing right now.

The bent and west ham situation, I find quite funny. West Ham are clearly going to be the next Leeds. They buy up players, and put them on crazy wages (if i remember rightly, parker was given a wage of about 70k a week) 80k a week for bent. Its not like their owner has Abramovich wealth. I prefer the way we are building and (much as I hate to say it) how spuds have progressed, by buying potential. We all praise our youth system, and rightly so, but there are several coming through (steiber springs to mind) who were aquired at the age of 16, or 17 on the basis of promise, and moulded by the youth setup into potentially quality premiership players. I prefer our way.

Spam are going for short term success, we are building a legacy.