Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

- Fitz, the general and MON has promised us big signings, but nothing has happened yet.

Have they? I'm not sure they said that, did they promise?

Would you class NRC as a big signing? I know some wouldn't, i would image the club would though...

Well, they said we should be expecting quality signings, and when I was younger and my mom said I should be expecting a beating, I pretty much took that as a promise.

My point though was that I think we'll see (at least) one player coming from La Liga to Villa in the summer. Haven't got a clue who it might be though, but Gudjohnsen might not be a bad shout.

And yes, I would consider NRC a big signing. I believe that no matter where he'll be next season, as long as he doesn't stay at West Ham, he'll be back to his best.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they said we should be expecting quality signings, and when I was younger and my mom said I should be expecting a beating, I pretty much took that as a promise.

My point though was that I think we'll see (at least) one player coming from La Liga to Villa in the summer. Haven't got a clue who it might be though, but Gudjohnsen might not be a bad shout.

And yes, I would consider NRC a big signing. I believe that no matter where he'll be next season, as long as he doesn't stay at West Ham, he'll be back to his best.

Gudjohnsen is a good shout.

If that bloke over on Vital Villa is right, i think it will be Gudjohnsen.

I can see him at Villa.

I have my tin-hat at the ready here, but...

First of all - I would love to see Gudjohnsen at the Villa. I also think he is a teriffic footballer.

However, is it just me or does a front pairing of him & Carew sound like it might lack a few goals?

eidur is pure class and at 28,he's at the peak period of his career.Has always been impressed with him ever since he played for chelsea.Him coming is realistic and not out of our reach.He knows the language and had a good time in england so he might wanna return.However, he hasn't been a prolific scorer though.Would still love him at VP.Imagine Carew,gudjohnsen,gabby,moore as our strikers.yumm.......

First of all - I would love to see Gudjohnsen at the Villa. I also think he is a teriffic footballer.

However, is it just me or does a front pairing of him & Carew sound like it might lack a few goals?

It might lack a few goals.

It might lack a few goals.

My tin-hat remains in its drawer.

(I don't really have a tin-hat)

Obviously he isn't a classic 'poacher' but could be a big cog in an attack that includes rapid little wingers and a central midfield that likes a pop or two. If MON sticks to that formula but adds even more quality and competition through the middle, we will end playing the sort of 'surge' football that Man Ure did last season - and we don't need too many more in to at least compete at that standard.

I'd like to see him play with Luke or Gabby though, they'd learn alot.

A tin hat might be a little bit out of our reach at the moment, how about we start by getting in a solid decent hat or two, not too old and with the potential to become more tin in the future.

There's a fantastic hat on Football manager called Phil Atio who might be more realistic. (He covered 18 heads in my league winning 2013 season.)

Is anyone else worried that we might end up with no hats if we're not quick ? Some of the good hats have gone already, and it's going to be getting a bit parky soon.

I still think it's possible that we might attract a tin hat, but I believe Spurs are also interested and I think their head is a couple of years ahead of ours.

:x

But Gudjohnsen and Moore wouldn't.

I think if we were to sign the excellent footballer that is Eidur Gudjohnsen, we would rotate the 4 strikers for the needs of the game. I'd like to see us do that anyway to be honest, I think that all 3 of our strikers are too good to be on the bench for a sustained period of time and no doubt the same will go for any newcomers.

Gudjohnsen is the sort of striker we need to buy - however, iirc Gudjohnsen is happy were he is

i couldn't disagree more. we need an out and out GOALSCORER!

something which he is not, ditto Carew & Agbonlahor

I think Gabby can be an out and out goalscorer. His record last season was quite impressive considering how many games he played on the wing as opposed to up front. He makes timely runs and has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. On top of that he scored goals against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U. That is why i hope we sign a good striker to challenge Gabby for a place rather than spend millions on one who will expect to walk straight in to the team..i.e. Defoe, Bent etc.