Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bramble comes in, Ambition leaves.

Put it like this: I won't have his name on the back of my shirt.

But I don't believe MON is so clueless, tbh.

Finnan, well, yes please, but somehow I liked that Lahm-rumour better somehow. :P

Anyway, I think I've still got too much of the Ellis-era inside me as I'm still worried about that Bramble-story. :?

But at least we've gone through all the classes of football-players there is ion this thread by now.

And why would MON not think that Sneijder is worth £10m when he can be worth double that?

Now for the last. I can understand those who are concerned by now. I too gets concerned from time to time about this summer, but then I start to think of which players that really have moved and have asked myself if I really wanted any of those players, and the only 2 I could consider was Muntari and Distin, and I'm not too jealous of Ppmpey getting them. Decent, but there are better. As long as we get better. And I have'nt included rumoured deals as Parker to spammers as they might not be true, and not Uniteds and Plops deals as they still are superior to us.

Can't someone make a new movie? "Inside Martin O'Neills head"? I'd love that.

Aston Villa have emerged as favourites to sign Nigel Reo-Coker and are expected to agree a deal worth about £8m with West Ham United for the England Under-21 captain next week. Reo-Coker has submitted a transfer request at West Ham and, although he has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, it is understood Villa are close to winning the race for his signature.

Martin O'Neill returns from holiday today keen to complete the deal, which would take his spending since arriving at the club last summer beyond £20m. The Villa manager is set to embark on a major rebuilding programme before the new season and, with midfield a key area to strengthen, has earmarked Reo-Coker as the first piece of the jigsaw. It is believed that the 23-year-old is excited by the prospect of playing under O'Neill.

lxvb

From the Guardian, something I class as a more 'official' newspaper. I might be wrong, but I believe it more than the Sun/Mirror etc.

NRC looks as though he is going to be our first summer signing. Would we still be interested in Barton if this deal goes through?

I'd very much like to see Barton here aswel, but in NRC I think we are getting a cracking little player, that is full of energy. Some people on these boards question his attitude etc, as that is all we see. For me, something at West Ham has gone seriously wrong, but he was linked with most of the big boys this time last year after a SUPERB season. He was excellent in the FA Cup Final from what I can remember. He is some much needed energy our team has needed since Boateng left.

I think we're going to love NRC should he sign, which I suspect he will.

From the Guardian, something I class as a more 'official' newspaper. I might be wrong, but I believe it more than the Sun/Mirror etc.

NRC looks as though he is going to be our first summer signing. Would we still be interested in Barton if this deal goes through?

I'd very much like to see Barton here aswel, but in NRC I think we are getting a cracking little player, that is full of energy. Some people on these boards question his attitude etc, as that is all we see. For me, something at West Ham has gone seriously wrong, but he was linked with most of the big boys this time last year after a SUPERB season. He was excellent in the FA Cup Final from what I can remember. He is some much needed energy our team has needed since Boateng left.

I think we're going to love NRC should he sign, which I suspect he will.

By the way the sun has the highest percentage of correct football gossip(i read it somewhere), but that was only about 30%, The Mirror from what i remember had one of the lowest, which i believe.

Promising news on NRC - would take him over Barton. Saw him when the U21s played against Italy against Wembley and he impressed me a lot.

Also, so MON has been on holiday for the past week or so? So nothing was ever going to happen over the course of the last week? Remind me again how many pages of speculation there have been in this thread in that time....? :D

Id take Reo-Coker over Barton.

Barton's a fantastic player and, although Im sure he could sort him, out MON is a manager not a social worker. There's always going to be a chance that Barton could do something twattish.

Reo-Coker's problem with West Ham was that he was shunted out of the team to make way for Mascherano, not because they were struggling. £8m is probably a little over the odds, but you have to do that these days. As Jas said above, he's the energy player we've needed since we lost Boateng.

the sun has the highest percentage of correct football gossip(i read it somewhere)

wasnt The Sun, was it? :D

Nope it was on a website somewhere. Done by someone with way too much time.

i'll be pleased to sign him, but for 8 million i'm not so sure?

he should be 4 million max, and considering he is transfer listed and west ham already have a ready made replacement joining in parker, i don't see why he should be costing 8 million pounds

i'll be pleased to sign him, but for 8 million i'm not so sure?

he should be 4 million max, and considering he is transfer listed and west ham already have a ready made replacement joining in parker, i don't see why he should be costing 8 million pounds

His had a similar career as Davis. Although i think the lad has a little more to his game, i think £8 million is too much.

It's not like he's been transfer listed because WHU don't need him though. He's been transfer listed by request and I'm sure they wouldn't have minded hanging onto him.

NRC is a quality player and will progress and become better and better.

Could be a more energetic version of Makelele IMO.

Let's just hope it's true :)

He has only requested a transfer to push through a deal though. If he didn't then West Ham would have to pay him a 'loyalty bonus' when he leaves but by going on the list by request he has effectively waived his right to this fee.

Still, based on the rumours over the last few weeks from various sources, I would be suprised if we were not very keen on signing him.

My housemate used to have 2 players he wouldn't shut up about, one of them was NRC, the other? Ashley Young. He wasn't far wrong with Young I'd say so I'd trust his judgement on Reo- Coker.