• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on his myspace his top 5 friends are

Sam Allardyce, Obafemi Martins, Steven Taylor, Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi

if its his real site, then i take it theirs only one club he wants to go

but i presume/hope it isn't :)

link

Judging by the people's comments on there, they genuinely believe it is him! haha.

It can't be though. Put all those geordies as his 'friends'. I believe the Guardian over that tripe.

I'm predicting he is our first signing. People over on the OS are getting excited over Fred aswel, lol, and after reading the link below, and the fact that we have Carew here to put in a good word, there might be something in it:-

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=467480&plid=53522&clid=143&cpid=24

on his myspace his top 5 friends are

Sam Allardyce, Obafemi Martins, Steven Taylor, Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi

if its his real site, then i take it theirs only one club he wants to go

but i presume/hope it isn't :)

link

Can anyone on myspace spell?

May 31 2007 4:23A

"is it true that ure off to newcastle, u cud ave bin a hammers legend if u stayed. well done 4 screwing up ure career m8."

:lol:

If we sign NRC he's in the "in-MON-I-trust"-bracket cause I haven't seen him enough. And there seems to be different views on him here. Surprise!

Fred, well, would be a great signing but he's one o those that I don't think we'll get. He'll be off to Barcelona or something like that. Spain somewhere.

please let this be true:

Bayern Munich's Lahm on Aston Villa radar

Cashed-up Aston Villa are eyeing Bayern Munich star Phillip Lahm.

The Germany international is regarded as one of the game's great fullbacks and Villa boss Martin O'Neill is planning to test Bayern's resolve over the defender.

Bayern are undergoing a major shakeup this summer after a trophyless season and will listen to offers for Lahm.

link

I don't see why people are concerned with the price for Reo-Coker.

My understanding is that MON finds the players and Randy gives him what is needed to sign them, I don't think we have a transfer budget as such this season, and certainly don't think Randy will quibble over spending a couple of million more than a player is worth to sign him.

In the Sun it says Reo Coker is begging for a chance to play for Newcastle with quotes from his agent.

If it has quotes from his agent then i doubt anything is tied up with Villa.

In the Guardian article...

Villa close to winning race for £8m Reo-Coker

Stuart James

Friday June 1, 2007

The Guardian

Aston Villa have emerged as favourites to sign Nigel Reo-Coker and are expected to agree a deal worth about £8m with West Ham United for the England Under-21 captain next week. Reo-Coker has submitted a transfer request at West Ham and, although he has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, it is understood Villa are close to winning the race for his signature.

Martin O'Neill returns from holiday today keen to complete the deal, which would take his spending since arriving at the club last summer beyond £20m. The Villa manager is set to embark on a major rebuilding programme before the new season and, with midfield a key area to strengthen, has earmarked Reo-Coker as the first piece of the jigsaw. It is believed that the 23-year-old is excited by the prospect of playing under O'Neill.

Villa's financial strength in the transfer market and Scott Parker's anticipated arrival at West Ham should ensure that the deal goes through smoothly. Parker was last night on the verge of completing a £7m switch from Newcastle to West Ham to be reunited with his former manager at Charlton, Alan Curbishley, who regards the 26-year-old as the ideal replacement for Reo-Coker.

Reo-Coker endured a difficult last season at West Ham and was booed by some fans only months after coming within minutes of lifting the FA Cup. His form suffered amid reports that he was unhappy after failing to secure a move to Arsenal last August but he remained an almost automatic choice and played a key part in helping the club stay in the Premiership. With Arsenal's interest cooling, Villa's bright ambitions under O'Neill have proved attractive to Reo-Coker.

His capture would represent a major coup for Villa and for O'Neill, who has already lured John Carew and spent £16m on Ashley Young and Stilian Petrov. The manager is keen to buy another striker and is interested in Craig Bellamy but Liverpool would have to drop their £12m asking price for the Wales international.

Clicky

Perhaps thats why Villa have been abit quiet in public ;):D

In the Sun it says Reo Coker is begging for a chance to play for Newcastle with quotes from his agent.

It's not like agents to say things in the press that aren't true is it?

Well if it wasn't true whats the point of his agent speaking at all about going to another club? If its to drive up the money involved then nothing is finalised with Villa, otherwise no point and abit random.

Well if it wasn't true whats the point of his agent speaking at all about going to another club? If its to drive up the money involved then nothing is finalised with Villa, otherwise no point and abit random.

Most agent speak is pointless and random.

But I'd wager our fee is agreed with West Ham and it's all ready to go through pending the Parker transfer, however I think NRC's agent is talking crap here.

Wasn't having a go at you mate, just agents lol.

if o'neill has indeed been on holiday.....

dya think he has come back early because he is surprised by all the transfer movement already?......

NRC would be overpriced at 8m.......6m would be closer but as was said earlier paying 2m more than he is worth isnt the end of the world to shrug off the competition

I think we are in the age old situation of our transfers being dependent on others. I am convinced we will sign either Barton or NRC but that NRC is our preferred choice. We just need the Parker transfer to be completed first.

Most agent speak is pointless and random.

But I'd wager our fee is agreed with West Ham and it's all ready to go through pending the Parker transfer, however I think NRC's agent is talking crap here.

Wasn't having a go at you mate, just agents lol.

Ok :D:P