Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Owen would surely only leave Newcastle for European football and the club would be reluctant to let him leave regardless. Milner was there best player this year so I can't see them letting him leave either.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it that Ranson looking to take over City? Even though he's sniffed round god knows how many clubs first? I wouldn't be very happy about him.

a thai billionaire is at the front of the queue

He's the same one as liverpool told to f off as well.

I love Bent but I'd NEVER pay 15m for him. 10 tops. Especially after less successful second season.

he hasn't scored as many as last season but taking into account that he is playing for a relegated team and has had to play injured at some parts this season 12 prem goals in 30 starts is pretty decent.

IMO darren bent is someone who will pretty much guarantee you around 15 premiership goals a season and is also someone who can play as part of a front two or up on his own.

He is still only young and will continue to develop and get better

I would personally pay what ever it takes to bring him here in the summer.

I love Bent but I'd NEVER pay 15m for him. 10 tops. Especially after less successful second season.

he hasn't scored as many as last season but taking into account that he is playing for a relegated team and has had to play injured at some parts this season 12 prem goals in 30 starts is pretty decent.

IMO darren bent is someone who will pretty much guarantee you around 15 premiership goals a season and is also someone who can play as part of a front two or up on his own.

I'd agree with that. I think 15M would not be too much at all

Bent is the best premiership based option available as we need someone who can both partner Carew and cover him should he be injured! We won't get him for less than 15m as there will be a lot of competition for his signature! Someone like Bellamy is too much like Agbonlahor and Moore!

I'd agree with that. I think 15M would not be too much at all

12Million sounds about right to me. 15 would be very much 'top dollar'. We'll have to see who else goes in for him as I very much doubt he'll drop a division.

As for Micah Richards, I really do think it's a stretch too far. I can see Chelsea landing him and us getting Glen Johnson on the cheap. That wouldnt upset me at all as with proper guidance he could be a very good player for us.

Bent is the best premiership based option available as we need someone who can both partner Carew and cover him should he be injured! We won't get him for less than 15m as there will be a lot of competition for his signature! Someone like Bellamy is too much like Agbonlahor and Moore!

I couldn't agree more but I still think we could get him for 10. When is the last time premier club paid a relegated club that much? Johnson had a similar impact in the prem and he went to everton for 8m, Ashton 7m. 10m would get him because in my opinion our only real rivals will be spurs and whilst both clubs have money, neither club have a reputation of throwing it away.

What do people think about Forrsell? I know some of you less enlightened characters will start droning on about SHA albino, unwashed scum, not worthy to wear the badge, etc, etc but seriously I think he was one of the best finishers around. I know he's had his injury problems but he reminds me very mush of Solskjaer and is a natural finisher.

Just a tought, don't crucify me! A good squad striker is all I'm thinking.

Congratulations on overtaking the new first place for worst recommendation for signing a new player :)

I couldn't agree more but I still think we could get him for 10. When is the last time premier club paid a relegated club that much? Johnson had a similar impact in the prem and he went to everton for 8m, Ashton 7m. 10m would get him because in my opinion our only real rivals will be spurs and whilst both clubs have money, neither club have a reputation of throwing it away.

i agree that we may be able to get him for around £10 million it just depends on who else is interested.

But if we need to pay £15 million or maybe slightly more to get him above others then i still think he would be worth spending that amount of money on.

You only have to look at how many games we've drawn this season to see how important someone who guarantees goals is for our team.

As for Micah Richards, I really do think it's a stretch too far. I can see Chelsea landing him and us getting Glen Johnson on the cheap. That wouldnt upset me at all as with proper guidance he could be a very good player for us.

Juan Pablo Angel signed for 9,5M many years ago..... Darren Bent is a much better player and prospect, he is proven and English.

13-16M sounds about right when the market is on an up!

Unfair to compare to JPA that was a very different time and prices were very high everywhere.

Like they are going to be this summer as well, it seems like everyone has money stocked up.

I reckon Darren Bent will either sign for Arsenal, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Tottenham or Everton.

I would be very surprised if anyone else came in for him, and I am certain he would stay in England. If

Arsenal came in for him he would go there, but that is probably not Wenger's first priority right now. Man

Utd are certainly looking for a striker and Fergie likes to mold his own players. We need a striker, but

since we got Carew I don't think MON would want to sign Bent anymore. Who knows (but him...). Newcastle

don't really need a striker since they have Owen/Martins but other than that they are slim. Why would anyone

move to Newcastle right now? Tottenham don't really new him right now, it will be interesting. Everton certainly

need him and are just about the club to sign him, Bent/Johnson would be pretty scary, but I hope he doesn't go

to that forever nr. 2 club. Claret and blue would suit him!