Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

OWEN!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

i wish it was him he was looking at.

Imagine that for a partnership Owen and Carew up front.

I reakon he was looking at Milner though or maybe Doyle?

The Owen shout is not such an unrealistic one. Newcastle have Martins now who is pretty much a like for like with Owen and has done ok in his first season. Newcastle is not Owens first choice, so it is not unreasonable to see him leaving. the managerial situation will cause a little uncertainty, which can be explioted and a fit Owen would be a fabulous foil to Carew. Give Newcastle the chance to recoup a good portion of the money they spent on him and there is every chance he will be up for sale.

Owen would fit well into a rotation system as I can't imagine him playing all the games, giving Gabby his fair share of match time and imagine how much our young strikers could learn from him. Owen would also add the perfect combination of high profile, quality, experience and proffessionalism for which his is rightly admired.

I'm getting a little giddy thinking about it all.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nnock, your list reads like champ manager. No one is doubting that the players you list are or may be available but you can't just make a call to their agent and expect em to sign just like that. We will probably bring in 2-3 quality players and 2-3 squad players who are on a par or better level than the current squad players who will most likely leave.

Owen to Villa? Not on your nelly!

I think if you take out Ferdinand and one of Reo-Coker or Sidwell (we wont get both) then nnock's list isn't actually that unrealistic...

Boruc

Distin

Luke Young

Reo-Coker

Milner

Bent

Its a spend of about £30m which is the figure some are suggesting. Like JC I cant see newcastle letting Milner go now though.

or Ferdinand (4.5m)

Excuse me Ferdinand? As in Anton (i'm a gangsta) Ferdinand? The next Titus Shambles? Ferdinand is almost the sole reason West Am are where they are...he has been bloody awful all season!

He aint worth 45p never mind 4.5mill!

I would rather have Mellberg, Laursen, Cahill or Ridgewell in the centre of defence than either Ferdinand or Gardner.
i would rather laursen mellberg or laursen cahill aswell i was just trying to make a point that ferdinand is a duffer.

What do people think about Forrsell? I know some of you less enlightened characters will start droning on about SHA albino, unwashed scum, not worthy to wear the badge, etc, etc but seriously I think he was one of the best finishers around. I know he's had his injury problems but he reminds me very mush of Solskjaer and is a natural finisher.

Just a tought, don't crucify me! A good squad striker is all I'm thinking.

What do people think about Forrsell? I know some of you less enlightened characters will start droning on about SHA albino, unwashed scum, not worthy to wear the badge, etc, etc but seriously I think he was one of the best finishers around. I know he's had his injury problems but he reminds me very mush of Solskjaer and is a natural finisher.

He used to be very good until SHA got hold of him.

As for Micah Richards being our number one transfer target, I think our number one target should be a quality central midfielder.

Micah Richards is our no 1 target according to a rumour going around Manchester!

It's spreading like wildfire.

No comment on Micah Richards :lol:

Micah Richards is our no 1 target according to a rumour going around Manchester!

It's spreading like wildfire.

No comment on Micah Richards :lol:

Why the 'no comment'?!

Do you know something mate?!

What rumours?! lol, I've heard NOWT!!

Ahh.

Nah, nothing in this for me.

With them seeming to be getting taken over aswel, I think Manchester City are CLOSED right now for transfers.

Should he go though, it won't be to Aston Villa FC.