Where will we finish ?

I'm not a fan of "The big six" as a statement and I believe 'Big Sam' is often overestimated.

Zactly. There is no "Big Six". Nobody included us in a "Big Six" when we finished sixth three years in a row.

Spot on.  

If we sign Kiyote, I think we'd be strong enough to challenge for a Europa Cup spot. Spurs will be weaker w/o Bale, Everton weaker w/o Moyes and possibly Fellaini and Baines, Liverpool will struggle at times...Outside of Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal, it's a free for all, in my opinion. If we get a head of steam going once or twice this season, why shouldn't we contend for Europe?

• Like 2

I could definitely see ninth. The big six and Everton, who I think will be very good provided they keep their squad together, will probably be too good, but after that it's kind of a free for all. However, I think either Swansea or West Ham or maybe a different side will finish ahead of Villa as well. Swansea because they've continued to make smart moves, and West Ham because you can never underestimate Big Sam.

Hey Rovers 13 - Now that you've had that near miss with `Wee Barry` what are your expectations for Rovers this season.

Will it be the classic Coronation St version of a Rovers return? And are you expecting to crash & burn out of both domestic Cup competitions when you get drawn against us at Villa Park again?  :)

I hope for your sake that you do have a rewarding season as I wouldn't wish Venky's on anybody & hope you have a take over bid soon.

Well I'm probably more optimistic than most. If you look at the all the championship previews and predictions, none have really picked Rovers to go up or even to make a playoff place. But I think that could turn out to be wrong for a couple reasons. 

1. The manager Bowyer, really seems to know what he's doing. During his two stints as manager last year, the clubs points per game average would've put it in the playoffs. This was with a terribly overpaid squad that was in relegation form when he wasn't managing. 

2. The work this summer has been very astute. Last year Rovers spend a boatload of cash on old players looking for a last pay day, seemingly the ant-Lambert strategy. However, they've gotten rid of Danny Murphy, (who was unspeakably awful) as well as a couple others, and signed players that are hungrier, like Alan Judge and  

Also, the performance against Derby in the first game was really good. Rovers had the majority of the good chances, hit the post twice and didn't concede from the run of play. (Though the pk was justified, its unlikely that type of thing will happen again) 

So, though this was a lot longer you wanted or needed, I think Bowyer will definitely lead his side to a top half finish but if everything clicks and Rhodes and Dann stay then playoffs or maybe even higher isn't impossible. 

As for the takeover, at this point the club almost need Venky's. Rovers supposedly lost 20 million pounds last year, (mostly thanks to their mismanagement) but if something similar were to happen again and there was no investment the club could go bust. (Which for a club with Blackburn's history would be really sad I think) 

Anyway, sorry mods, that was way off topic from this thread. 

Edited by Rovers13

Most of the clubs in the top half are going through some form of upheaval - major or otherwise - at the moment:

- ManUre with Moyes and Rooney

- Man City with Pelligrini

- Chelsea with Mourinho and aging "stars"

- Spurs with Bale

- Liverpool/Arsenal with Suarez

- Everton with Martinez

I'd argue that we had the majority of our upheaval last season and can expect a much improved performance this season. I think we will finish in the top half, maybe snatch a place in Europe if some of the above mentioned clubs fall in a heap.

• Like 2

I'm taking a stab at 11th

Our squad is better than last season, though I think the players who come in to the team due to injury / rotation will take a lot of time to improve.

Last week I probably would have said 9th.

Good luck with the new season!

Despite a tough start I guess AV are going to have a good season. It's difficult to predict but I guess AV will finish in the middle of Premier League

(9-11).

The team should have learned a lot from the struggle last season. Combined with the fact that you still got Benteke and have made some great signings things are looking better.

Although I really don't like Okores former club

FC North Zealand, I believe Okore from the start will make a huge impact in the central defence.

As mentioned earlier you got to be patient regarding Helenius, who ain't ready to play at PL level. Given time Helenius might be a very good addition to the squad.

I am really looking forward following AV in the coming season.

The real test will be seeing how we get on against the likes of Fulham/ Tesco bags/ Stoke/ three promoted teams. If we can play against them and get the results I don't think top 6 is out of question as we will pick up some points against the Sky 6 (Manure/ Citeh/ Chel$ki/ Arse/ Plop and Spuds).

Hate to say it but would be happy scrapping Everton and Spammers (bloody Fat Sam) for top 10 upwards.

If we drop a level against the rest we will struggle and I just hope for above 18th........

Â