Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I think you are underestimating these two players.

Is it possible to under-estimate 0 goals in a collective 75+ appearances?

Are you seriously slating Westwood, Sylla and Delph? You must be mad! 

I understand you're probably angry at them because the've rightfully stolen Bannan's place in the side, but christ. Westwood in particular is VITAL to our play. 

^ Uhhhh? He's saying that they're not very attack minded midfielders. As can be shown by their 75 appearances without scoring. Neither of them are employed as AM's.  It got nothing to do with slating any of those players, what so ever.

Edited by Skruff

Didn't he say is it possible to under-estimate them?

I believe it is.

These players are vital to us in what they do. Agreed some goals would be nice, but I believe they are vital in their other attributes. 

Edited by KjParton

Are you seriously slating Westwood, Sylla and Delph? You must be mad! 

I understand you're probably angry at them because the've rightfully stolen Bannan's place in the side, but christ. Westwood in particular is VITAL to our play. 

^ Uhhhh? He's saying that they're not very attack minded midfielders. As can be shown by their 75 appearances without scoring. Neither of them are employed as AM's.  It got nothing to do with slating any of those players, what so ever.

That would be all well and good if he didn't purport Bannan to be some kind of attacking/creative force since he had a whopping 0 goals to his name as well. 

^ That's true, he pretty much self destructed his own creditability. But pointing out that they're not your typical AM/trequista/false nr.9  has nothing to do with slating them :D

Past the handbags at 20 paces ;P - I like this guy and have a good feeling about him. If he can net 15 goals this season that would be brilliant - if not then 10 or so would be acceptable to me. I think Lambert will deploy him as an AM when we need goals (with 3 attackers as we did last season), and as a lone striker when Benteke is injured/needs a rest with Gabby/Tonev/Weimman/Bowery on the wings. The good thing for me is that he looks capable of playing in either position. Dare I say it now, the pundits may be calling him the new Ibrahimovic (as they called Benteke the new Drogba) in just a short few months time.

Edited by AshVillain

I view him as more of a goalscorer (was his most important role for us), he really has a shot that can compete. I'm not sure if you have a good freekick taker around the 18-yard box, his free kick shots arent bad by any means. I'm looking forward to seeing Nicklas in this new role, he does have good vision especially on the counter, so I hope he can make an instant impact. He might need time to gel in the role, but as I understand hes been looking alright in the teams friendlies

Helenius is or at least was a shy guy..

I dont know this for sure but I assume it started to make him feel embarrassed.

Probably also because the song could fit his name.

At Aab we a few years back had an American player called 'Chris Rolfe' who was just mr. friendly..

everybody loved Chris Rolfe..

when he scored people would sing to 'Go West!'

'Chris Rolfe.... is getting laid tonight... Chris Rolfe.... is getting laid tonight'

I'm confident that song was all about embarrasing him

we adopted that from the Chicago fans from where he came.

so if for nothing else at Aalborg it was to tease Helenius

at Aston Villa I suppose if you kept the song, other than just having a unique and funny song

you would maybe make Helenius feel a little bit more at home

I used to love that Rolfe chant...really hope the Helenius one does catch on!

Ironically.. a few hours before scoring this goal

the U21 coach in denmark told the press that if Helenius was to ever be our first choice on the national team

he would need to improve his first touch....

guy learns fast.

iEhnZRCtzngMp.gif

Edited by P3nnyw1se

When I read that he's 6 ft 5 with a decent striking record I figured we were buying him for his size. Lately I wonder if we bought him mainly because he shows real promise as a talented player, with his size just a bonus.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

When I read that he's 6 ft 5 with a decent striking record I figured we were buying him for his size. Lately I wonder if we bought him mainly because he shows real promise as a talented player, with his size just a bonus.

I don't think lamberts the type to just look at size and pick a player.

Good feet for a big man! :D :D

Words cannot adequately express how much I hate that phrase, and we're going to hear it 12000 times this season, aren't we?

You betcha! For tekkers and helenius! It will be glorious!*

*I hate it too

When I read that he's 6 ft 5 with a decent striking record I figured we were buying him for his size. Lately I wonder if we bought him mainly because he shows real promise as a talented player, with his size just a bonus.

I agree, he looks a very good footballer to me who maybe doesn't use his size to his advantage as much as he could do ? If he can bulk up a little and improve his aerial ability then we really could have a good player on our hands.

Â