Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/58828914

If I was a Newcastle fan and I watched this it really wouldn't fill me with any confidence. She doesn't seem to know what she's talking about.

And its her / her company that's in charge... Or at least the face of it (😬

Will be interesting who she appoints at every level

Maybe wishful thinking but she'll get it wrong and within 2 years either won't be there or will be somewhere far in the background, first though she's going to enjoy her immediate launch in to celebrity a little too much 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how much income a far superior team will generate, and how quickly, along with the pressures the initial build puts on FFP. 

In many ways, it could be a roadmap for clubs like us, Leicester and Wolves that have owners richer than all of the others (bar City and Chelsea, although Nassef's welath is seriously underplayed apparently).

If they're smart about it, they'll the big players from other leagues, rather than giving their domestic rivals bags of cash to replace a Pogba or Salah. They probably won't be, meaning our players now go up in value too.

8 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

They are not stupid, and can afford to hire the best people to run the club for them.

So can United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and they have been doing it longer and are more desirable places to live and work. Leicester and Spurs are no mugs either. Then Villa, Everton, West Ham.

This is why I don’t think money is the be all and end all here. Obviously they’ll improve a lot. Best case they spend a similar amount up to their FFP limits as the other 4, doesn’t mean they can over take them and establish themselves as a major force.

• Like 1

They will have an advantage over everyone bar the top 6 - then they are making up the numbers - not a bad position to be in but this takeover is happening 2021, not 2008. Our task is to make the top 6 too, and we have a shot.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

So can United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and they have been doing it longer and are more desirable places to live and work. Leicester and Spurs are no mugs either. Then Villa, Everton, West Ham.

This is why I don’t think money is the be all and end all here. Obviously they’ll improve a lot. Best case they spend a similar amount up to their FFP limits as the other 4, doesn’t mean they can over take them and establish themselves as a major force.

I reckon FFP will more than likely apply to them the same way as it applied to Man City (remember when they were sh1t?). Maybe Newcastle United will be a top team in a few years time. They'll wipe the floor with the rest of the Premier League for a couple of years, complain about lack of competition, then bugger off and be part of a new Global Super League.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Her face scares the shit out of me, SuperVillan if ever there was one, and Lange of course

Straight up saying top of the Premier League is the aim..

Botox kids, don’t do it. 

• Like 1

Things will not move as quickly as people are expecting, I doubt they will attract a top top manager for a few years yet. Glory hunters do not want to come in and do all the hard work and fail, because shiteh utd pool and Chelsea will not just roll over for them.and that's a fact.

Jack went to shiteh for glory because it's on a plate for him, Pep went to shiteh when everything was ready for him, Pep never goes there any earlier and have to build it from mediocrity and risk failure.

This whole set up smacks of bullsh1t sportwashing at its worst, the fact they have a women as the face of it, the fact governing bodies have left a soft door open for this lot absolutely stinks to high heaven, money and greed will kill football. This is bare faced all parties involved corruption.

• Like 3

Ferkin ell! Amanda Staveley is one scary looking thing. As exciting as this all is for the poor geordie street urchins, I’d be a bit pissed off that she’s heading the venture up. 

That’s before you start considering the dirty Saudi PIF money. 

Edited by It's Your Round

11 years ago, but not much changes. Don't agree with Harry about much, but he's spot on there

https://spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/theres-only-one-saddam/

Spurs manager, Harry Redknapp, has stated that players and fans really don`t care about who owns the club as long as they splash the cash.

When speaking about the vast sums of money spent by Manchester City this and last summer, Harry said: “Football fans don`t care. The players don`t care. Saddam Hussein could own your football club and, if he`s putting millions into it, they`ll be quite happy. They`ll be singing: “There`s only one Saddam”.

• Like 2

She says its not sport washing as if it was they would buy an American franchise not a team in relegation zone 

1)No one is relegated in October 

2)What Franchise are you buying for 300 mil 

3) What franchise has global appeal of PL football 

4)You can't spend your way to success in NFL/NBA etc

5)"Deserve" to be at the top ..**** off

As for Geordies , the dark times of Ashley meant he ran the club as a business and left them not debt free but in profit  and they seem to forget at one point the club was close to going to the 3rd division before John Hall took over - thats dark times ...Now we will be back to hearing about how the number 9 is special as newcastle because you know other clubs don't value strikers at all.

• Like 3

Ant and Dec will have tugged each other silly, and Alan Shearer is already all over the BBC creaming his knickers. Oh and Chris Waddle? He says Newcastle’s first signing has to be a massive transfer. Expectations already sky rocketing, I hope it all falls apart :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ant and Dec will have tugged each other silly, and Alan Shearer is already all over the BBC creaming his knickers. Oh and Chris Waddle? He says Newcastle’s first signing has to be a massive transfer. Expectations already sky rocketing, I hope it all falls apart :)

I have this sick dream that it's a high level Chris Samuelson/Tony Xia type of deal and it all burns in hell.

• Like 1

Â