Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I actually feel sorry for them.

I should. I know I should and I probably would if it was nearly any other team (usual exceptions apply). But I can't and besides, it's too much fun.
  • Like 2

They could always employ Alan to relegate them again.

Shearer accepts he was partly responsible for their relegation on the article I linked. Shearer only had eight games. Kinnear, who had 19 games that season, blamed everyone else. 

Can't remember the exact numbers but as it turned out Shearer only needed something like 5 or 6 points from the those games and they'd have stayed up. They were awful at VP on the last game of the season. No fight in them what so ever.

Can't remember the exact numbers but as it turned out Shearer only needed something like 5 or 6 points from the those games and they'd have stayed up. They were awful at VP on the last game of the season. No fight in them what so ever.

Shearer's half time team talk probably bored them all to sleep.

Shearer's half time team talk probably bored them all to sleep.

Well if his MOTD performances are any guide, he spent half time explaining the basic shape of a football to them and explaining how you win a game by scoring more goals than your opposition score.

I should. I know I should and I probably would if it was nearly any other team (usual exceptions apply). But I can't and besides, it's too much fun.

Ah yes but I've been very sympathetic to a couple of the Geordie nations outcasts that I know and it is driving them insane. Be nice can be fun too. :)

• Like 1

Ah yes but I've been very sympathetic to a couple of the Geordie nations outcasts that I know and it is driving them insane. Be nice can be fun too. :)

Oh you passive-aggressive emotional terrorist :D

Oh you passive-aggressive emotional terrorist :D

You know me so well :)

Mike Ashley To Remove Shearer’s Name From St.James’ Park

As we excitedly wait to see who goes in…or out of the revolving transfer door at Newcastle United, off the pitch there could be other big names following Derek Llambias out of the door.

Alan Pardew has indicated he is ready to stay and fight, while not so positive rumours surround Chief Scout Graham Carr.

However, our understanding is that a name far bigger than any of them is set to be removed from St.James’ Park.

Shearer’s bar at the stadium is currently having a ‘refurbishment’ and the club website report that it will be closed until July.

However, our information is that Shearer’s name will be removed for good and Shearer’s Bar divided up into smaller units serving mainly corporate fans/guests.

The recently opened ‘Terrace Bar’ taking the place of Shearer’s.

I suppose it could have been worse, drinking in Kinnear’s wouldn’t have had quite the same ring to it.

link

Mike Ashley To Remove Shearer’s Name From St.James’ Park

As we excitedly wait to see who goes in…or out of the revolving transfer door at Newcastle United, off the pitch there could be other big names following Derek Llambias out of the door.

Alan Pardew has indicated he is ready to stay and fight, while not so positive rumours surround Chief Scout Graham Carr.

However, our understanding is that a name far bigger than any of them is set to be removed from St.James’ Park.

Shearer’s bar at the stadium is currently having a ‘refurbishment’ and the club website report that it will be closed until July.

However, our information is that Shearer’s name will be removed for good and Shearer’s Bar divided up into smaller units serving mainly corporate fans/guests.

The recently opened ‘Terrace Bar’ taking the place of Shearer’s.

I suppose it could have been worse, drinking in Kinnear’s wouldn’t have had quite the same ring to it.

link

:crylaugh:

Graham Carr's future at Newcastle United is in doubt after another day of drama at the trouble-torn club.

Carr, the influential chief scout who was given an unprecedented eight-year contract this time last year, is considering following managing director Derek Llambias out of the exit at St James' Park.

Llambias announced his resignation at nine o'clock this morning following the appointment of former manager Joe Kinnear as the club's new director of football. "I have had an incredible journey during my five years at the club, including some challenging times," he said. "I will reflect with great fondness on my time in the North-east. I want to thank the staff for their hard work and our fans for their support of the club."

The Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew, has, as The Independent revealed on Tuesday, vowed to fight to hold on to his position. Pardew gave his first public statement since Kinnear's appointment when he said: "I am staying, to take the club up the league." His resolve has hardened since Kinnear's appointment.

Pardew's position has been undermined, with the director of football set to be given an office at the club's Benton training ground. The manager was aware that the club were considering creating such a position last summer. At that point it was felt that Carr's influence was such that the chief scout effectively held the role without the title. Kinnear's arrival has, however, been with a remit to troubleshoot as a more powerful figure than either Pardew or Carr and to report directly to owner, Mike Ashley.

On Monday, Kinnear raised questions over Newcastle's long-standing interest in Douglas, the Brazilian defender who is available on a free transfer, after his contract ran down at the Dutch side FC Twente. Carr was unhappy at the intervention and is believed to be considering his future.

The 68-year-old Geordie had been hailed as an expert talent spotter as he raided Europe, and mainly France, to unearth the kind of cut-price, rising stars Ashley saw as the way forward for Newcastle. Carr helped the club land Cheick Tioté, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye for the combined total of just £14m and, when they finished the 2011-12 Premier League season in fifth place, was seen as key to that success. Carr also played a key role in the arrival of Moussa Sissoko and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa earlier this year.

However, Ashley was so furious with what he saw as a failure across the board last season as Newcastle were dragged into a relegation struggle that he has given Kinnear complete control at the club.

Ashley has backed more than £40m in transfer spending in the last year. It is unlikely he will sanction more new money being spent and Kinnear has admitted already he has the authority to sell any players he believes are "not Newcastle".

Pardew is expected to be in charge for the start of pre-season training. The odds on Kinnear succeeding him had dropped to 3-1, with Gus Poyet second favourite.

link

Â