Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just now, LondonLax said:

Can’t see that. They will take stock at the end of the season. Howe has massively over performed for them and has credit in the bank. 

Like the Saudis who buy what they want, when they want, care? Nah - Howe is toast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Watched their game tonight and just seemed so naive from them. I know people are concerned about the 5th place or them having no Europe and catching us, but they look a busted flush this season at the minute. 

Naive is the exact word. Run run run . All the time. Emery plays chess in Europe  . Newcastle just run.  

• Like 4

The gap where the midfield should have been was scandalous - Guimaraes and Joelinton seemed to have free roles, and Milan just ran through them almost at will in the last 20 minutes or so.

Launched hopeless balls forward at 1-2 to try and get back into it.

Looks like Wor Eddie's been reading Martin O'Neill's coaching manual

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Like the Saudis who buy what they want, when they want, care? Nah - Howe is toast.

Nothing they have done so far in the running of that club indicates the management are making rash decisions.

We will just have to wait and see who is correct with their judgment. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

utd and newcastle with no european football should improve their league form unfortunately

Stop flapping guys, Man U are shit and Newcastle have lots of injuries, they won't recover there form this season, they are knackered.

I think as many of us predicted, this high intense press, go long and direct style has significant drawbacks.

Just no control over the game. Watching them in the final third trying to break down a low block is a nightmare.

• Like 1

Howe🤚 might not get the sack immediately, but him getting the sack sooner or later is inevitable, because he isn't actually a great manager, and that will catch up with him, as will their squad not being great, their success has been about momentum. And no I don't think the same is true for us, or at least not to the same degree.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The gap where the midfield should have been was scandalous - Guimaraes and Joelinton seemed to have free roles, and Milan just ran through them almost at will in the last 20 minutes or so.

Launched hopeless balls forward at 1-2 to try and get back into it.

Looks like Wor Eddie's been reading Martin O'Neill's coaching manual

Yep., I don’t think Howe is good enough to take them to the next level

36 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Can’t see that. They will take stock at the end of the season. Howe has massively over performed for them and has credit in the bank. 

Some credit in bank, but that would dwindle quickly with a bad spell over the next month or so. Winning a cup could save him but I could see them lose to Chelsea next week in League cup with current injuries/form and then Sunderland away in FA cup is a banana skin of a draw. 

and then in the league, in-form Fulham at home this weekend is exactly the kind of game you don't want at this moment. Their Christmas fixtures aren't bad but their Jan is tough with Liverpool, City and us..

Newcastle probably going to go for someone like Potter or De Zerbi as Ashworth will have been the one who brought them to Brighton, if they want a big name maybe Pochettino if he leaves Chelsea.

Â