Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We havent

It was citeh newcastle chelsea forest everton sheff utd and wolves

Just seen the rumour in the other thread. I was close with my guess if it's true as Everton and Sheff Utd are in the relegation zone. 

On 20/11/2023 at 16:47, MrBlack said:

That wouldn't preclude them from having used PEDs to over perform last year, only to find that that has now the knock on effect of over stretching their bodies causing the current spate of injury.

I'd argue it makes it more likely.  Call me a conspiracy theorist, but Howe's got a track record for it, and Saudi definitely aren't above board in their dealings.

Does he?

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

If Newcastle start taking the piss I suspect the issue will be revisited.

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever. They have their hands in three scummy clubs. They only need another 2 to own 25% of the PL

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever. They have their hands in three scummy clubs. They only need another 2 to own 25% of the PL

THIS. It's going to be a farce when that happens...

Football is gradually becoming a closed shop, even more so when the Saudi ownership model really kicks in as they will dominate (own) everything.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

THIS. It's going to be a farce when that happens...

Football is gradually becoming a closed shop, even more so when the Saudi ownership model really kicks in as they will dominate (own) everything.

I just hope once that happens everyone starts losing interest and the product just goes to absolute shit.

Id happily reform the whole sport if it collapsed

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just hope once that happens everyone starts losing interest and the product just goes to absolute shit.

On a slightly different theme many observers would say the interest in the rights to broadcasting football would wane.

But it seems not to be the case as the interest for football is never more popular than currently. This is bad as some cultures like Saudi are only interested in the winners.

Football has changed so much even in my 46 years, it is so different now. I think I read somewhere that up until the nineties many or half English top flight clubs felt capable of at least giving the league a good shot, now it seems only one team is confident to win the league.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Except football is getting more popular in other regions. Go to any social media post and the majority of hardcore/annoying posters(maybe bots) are from Africa and Asia 

The English football fan is an irrelevance to the Premier League

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Except football is getting more popular in other regions. Go to any social media post and the majority of hardcore/annoying posters(maybe bots) are from Africa and Asia 

Also, whilst a lot of people care about the subject at hand, they don't care enough to stop watching Premier League games.

There's literally no downside to any of it.  "Oh no, some people are moaning on the internet".

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It will be fascinating to them when they have half empty stadiums. Those fans be coming to games.  You wont have much atmosphere.

You will see othee leagues getting more popular  and overtaking us i think.

But your last paragraph i agree with. They dont give us a shit about us

23 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The one thing that could be a positive is this vote is apparently just for a temporary hold while the Premier League come up with some watertight rules. Let's hope their substantial an in place quickly 

It's been said this is for January window and will be voted on again before Summer window

Ill be stunned if newcastle are not doping. They have injuries, playing lots of games and their squad isnt really that good yet

Done double over psg and look like qualifying 

In carabao QFs

Winning games in league and sit in good position.

Â