Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 hours ago, TheFish said:

We were quoted £60m+ for him and reportedly his wage demands ended our interest. We got Barnes for less and for less wages too. Dunno how much of an impact it had, but Howe really likes players with Premier League experience too. 

He'd have been a huge upgrade on Almiron and Murphy and as I said at the time, he's a really good signing for you.

Its very Martin O'Neill style approach and while it works to a point its not a great policy

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its very Martin O'Neill style approach and while it works to a point its not a great policy

Oh, don't get me wrong, Howe isn't exclusive with his affection. Barnes, Burn, Gordon, Hall, Livramento, Targett, Trippier all have Premier League experience. But Botman, Bruno, Isak, Tonali, do not. And if Gordon had been plying his trade in the Bundesliga, I'm sure we still would have been interested (probably got him for less than £40m too).

With Ashworth running the recruitment side of things, I'm hoping we'll start discovering the same calibre of players that were unearthed during his time at Brighton. We've already got a couple of young players out on loan in the Netherlands and of them Minteh looks to be a genuine prospect. 

Every article or tweet that praises Villa recently gets lots of comments from Toon supporters who all say "But what about Newcastle??"

I love it that we are occupying a position they thought their oil money was going to guarantee them.

😆 

Not sure whats more crazy but they are thinking of suing Milan over Tonali but more incredibly Tonali has taken a paycut to just 120k a week for the duration of his ban

Surely he should not be getting paid at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not sure whats more crazy but they are thinking of suing Milan over Tonali but more incredibly Tonali has taken a paycut to just 120k a week for the duration of his ban

Surely he should not be getting paid at all

The FA investigating whether he broke rules whilst at Newcastle, I wonder if that is code for “he was at it recently and we’re getting the evidence together”.

I find it hard to believe Milan knew nothing of it when he was sold, not disclosing it might not have been illegal though. 

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I find it impossible Milan didn’t have any hints about Tonali before selling him 

But then the onus would be on Newcastles due diligence to find that out

Likened it before to a medical, in my mind Milan have to pass on the medical records, they can't lie but if Newcastle don't ask... They don't have to tell them, Newcastle have to do their own medical

If there's no documentation where Newcastle can demonstrate that they asked and that Milan lied I don't see how they can then do anything about it

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I find it impossible Milan didn’t have any hints about Tonali before selling him 

Its either impossible or perfectly normal.

Does your employer know what you do on your phone outside of work?

Of course, selling him hints at the fact they knew what they were doing, but it's perfectly fine to assume no one knew anything - especially considering Italy is full of shady deals.

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

How did VAR check that forearm smash to Jorginho and decide on doing nothing????? 

That was worse than the goal as that was so deliberate and blatent. 

He even followed through with the forearm, leaving absolutely no doubt about what it was. Incredible, I totally agree with Arteta, it's an embarrassing disgrace.

Â