Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

nah thats what europe is all about and all of those great cities are reachable affordably 

give them braga or shakhtar or belgrade and leipzig

I was thinking more of them being in a group of death and finishing bottom.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I was thinking more of them being in a group of death and finishing bottom.

but you'd have a great time doing it

like us, if you wanted us to have a shit draw you wouldn't want us to get someone hard you'd want us to get astana knowing that 5k fans who might travel and have the night of their lives will now be left with 100 fans bothering to spend their life savings to get over there

my view would be that i wouldnt want them to have their big night vs say real madrid, id rather they played the Lithuanian dog and duck in a town with no airport

Edited by villa4europe

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but you'd have a great time doing it

like us, if you wanted us to have a shit draw you wouldn't want us to get someone hard you'd want us to get astana knowing that 5k fans who might travel and have the night of their lives will now be left with 100 fans bothering to spend their life savings to get over there

my view would be that i wouldnt want them to have their big night vs say real madrid, id rather they played the Lithuanian dog and duck in a town with no airport

Give a **** about the great time, you'd have a higher chance of being out.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Give a **** about the great time, you'd have a higher chance of being out.

Nah, for me as a fan you'd have spent the last 4 months dreaming a day out at the bernabau or the nou camp or allianz, would be brilliant if they don't get it they instead get some ropey eastern European game that they struggle to travel to and no one gives two shits about

Then get knocked out

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Nah, for me as a fan you'd have spent the last 4 months dreaming a day out at the bernabau or the nou camp or allianz, would be brilliant if they don't get it they instead get some ropey eastern European game that they struggle to travel to and no one gives two shits about

Then get knocked out

So you're hoping for a Frankfurt/Genk/Hacken (God, pot 4 looks poor) Europa Conference group rather than an easy one?

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So you're hoping for a Frankfurt/Genk/Hacken (God, pot 4 looks poor) Europa Conference group rather than an easy one?

Two of those teams are within 2 hours of me so yes 😉

Like I said if I was a "rival" fan I'd want us to get Astana

Edited by villa4europe

Draw isn't bad for them. Think they honestly would have struggled more with some of the other teams. PSG, Dortmund will come at them. Haven't seen enough of Milan to see how they play.

Yeah I'd love that if I was a geordies, they're not going to win it so what do you actually celebrate in may when you finish top 4? Games exactly like those

3 top nights at home and then 3 very doable away games

That's exactly what villa should be aiming for and buzzing about, it's not necessarily about winning it's about the famous nights and big games vs big teams, they've got exactly what the CL is all about

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I'd love that if I was a geordies, they're not going to win it so what do you actually celebrate in may when you finish top 4? Games exactly like those

3 top nights at home and then 3 very doable away games

That's exactly what villa should be aiming for and buzzing about, it's not necessarily about winning it's about the famous nights and big games vs big teams, they've got exactly what the CL is all about

You mean this year or some hypothetical future year we get into the CL? Because I think we should be very focused on trying to win the European tournament we're in this year. 

Â