Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

20 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

This thread is 10 years old! That's about 1 post per week. Hardly backs up the theory that we see them as rivals. 

In fact for a club with so many talking points, that's really not a lot at all.

And yet it’s more than we have for most clubs. We seem to like to talk about Newcastle more than most other teams. 

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And yet it’s more than we have for most clubs. We seem to like to talk about Newcastle more than most other teams. 

Because first they were a basket case club going from one hilarity to the next and then they were bought out (against all PL rules) by the Saudi State. 

In amongst all that they had Steve Bruce. 

What other club has had anything like that much to discuss? And even then its only averaged one post a week.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Because first they were a basket case club going from one hilarity to the next and then they were bought out (against all PL rules) by the Saudi State. 

In amongst all that they had Steve Bruce. 

What other club has had anything like that much to discuss? And even then its only averaged one post a week.

Yep, we love talking about them 👍

You can see why they think we’re obsessed. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yep, we love talking about them 👍

You can see why they think we’re obsessed. 

If you think one page per week is obsessed then fair enough. I don't.

Compare that to the endless editorials about the Villa from that lot and its not even close.

There's several new ones this week alone that are linked in the pre match thread!

Edited by GlobalVillan

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Pretty sure this is a 2nd Newcastle thread as well. First was closed off

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You might want to check your maths on that chief 😁

Sorry one page per week. Still absolutely nothing. And most of those are people quoting each other. We've done a weeks worth between us in 20 mins and hardly mentioned Newcastile!

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Do we ? The leeds thread is popular as is the chelsea and utd threads?

Think your over thinking it

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

You seem really hellbent on making this point. I think you're looking for something that really isn't there.

• Thanks 2

Some of the comments from the 'Next Manager Thread' on the Newcastle forum are marvelous:

-Would be a shame as for me this bloke is the best we’ve been linked with besides Conte. I’ll be pretty gutted if we end up with someone like Howe. 

-If this end's up being Howe after the excitement of yesterday **** me.

-Lots of places reporting he's staying at Villareal now. Eddie Howe ffs 

-Eddie **** Howe.  **** me.  IMO it's a gamble

-Well at least Eddie Howe has Championship experiance.

-Such an anti climax if it’s Eddie **** Howe.

-If we end up with Eddie Howe that’s tragic tbh

-If we get Howe I feel like I've been Jim Bowen'd 'Here's who you could have had'

-Howe is a lot better than Bruce, but he's still a bottling nonce

-It's Howe.  Just **** announce so the **** chuckle brothers can take us down FFS.  Talk about deflated.

-Can't wait for the "bloke from Bournemouth that got relegated" to keep us up.

-Eddie Howe?  More like Eddie WHY

-Santo would be a better option than Howe

-Richest club in the world and Howe is a top choice for manager

• Haha 1

You won't have to look very far to find a whole bunch of bad takes on this forum from plenty here (myself included).

It's all part of being a football fan. We're emotional idiots that know very little :P 

And tbh, I don't think anyone expected Howe to be the manager he is at Newcastle. So it's understandable. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You won't have to look very far to find a whole bunch of bad takes on this forum from plenty here (myself included).

It's all part of being a football fan. We're emotional idiots that know very little :P 

And tbh, I don't think anyone expected Howe to be the manager he is at Newcastle. So it's understandable. 

To be fair I expected him to do very well. Not top 3 well, but top 7 well. 

He was always a good manager. Potter is the next one that just needs a good club to fit him, unless Chelsea, a trimmed beard and his new turtle neck jumpers have put down the fire in his belly. 

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Some of the comments from the 'Next Manager Thread' on the Newcastle forum are marvelous:

-Would be a shame as for me this bloke is the best we’ve been linked with besides Conte. I’ll be pretty gutted if we end up with someone like Howe. 

-If this end's up being Howe after the excitement of yesterday **** me.

-Lots of places reporting he's staying at Villareal now. Eddie Howe ffs 

-Eddie **** Howe.  **** me.  IMO it's a gamble

-Well at least Eddie Howe has Championship experiance.

-Such an anti climax if it’s Eddie **** Howe.

-If we end up with Eddie Howe that’s tragic tbh

-If we get Howe I feel like I've been Jim Bowen'd 'Here's who you could have had'

-Howe is a lot better than Bruce, but he's still a bottling nonce

-It's Howe.  Just **** announce so the **** chuckle brothers can take us down FFS.  Talk about deflated.

-Can't wait for the "bloke from Bournemouth that got relegated" to keep us up.

-Eddie Howe?  More like Eddie WHY

-Santo would be a better option than Howe

-Richest club in the world and Howe is a top choice for manager

we'd have had the exact same comments on here. he's surprised everyone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

we'd have had the exact same comments on here. he's surprised everyone.

I was disappointed they got Howe. He was always going to stabilise them. Admittedly he's far exceeded what I thought he'd achieve.

Was really hoping they'd end up with a bigger name but complete misfit for the players they had. Just glad they didn't get Emery. 

To be fair Howe didn't exactly hit the ground running, think he only won one of first 10 games including a loss to Cambridge in the cup. Ironically the form turned after their trip to Saudi where they were probably treated to being shown a fine collection of executioner's axes

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

To be fair Howe didn't exactly hit the ground running, think he only won one of first 10 games including a loss to Cambridge in the cup. Ironically the form turned after their trip to Saudi where they were probably treated to being shown a fine collection of executioner's axes

Probably given the inhaler treatment like Liverpool and then bought Guimares.

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Probably given the inhaler treatment like Liverpool and then bought Guimares.

Howe's Bournemouth had a doping whereabouts violation during a season where their running stats were amongst the best in the league. I wonder how anti doping officers operate in a country like Saudi Arabia.

On 12/04/2023 at 21:29, Demitri_C said:

Anyone want a laugh the writer has made herself a laughing stock 😂

LOOOOOOOL

I hate to break it to you jackie but we dont care about your shit football club

Would love to hear Jackie Smithfield’s post match summary?  😆😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â