Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

didnt realise they'd bit to gabby

also dont think they realise that any new signings wont be living in the stadium, which doesnt even look good from those 2 photos

Why did they pick those photos of inner city deprivation!? 😆 

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

That’s a good point.  

Though you’d think even if the players aren’t playing for the club or the manager, they would be trying to impress for their next contract at a different club as they almost certainly are going get sold or released in the next 12 months.

I thought about that too, but on reflection I don't think it matters for many of their players. Clubs overseas will buy some anyway, and for most of the UK & Ireland players this is probably their last Premier League gig, and they're destined for the Championship no matter what. I mean, what PL team is going to be buying Darlow, Clark, Shelvey, Ritchie, Fraser, Fernandez etc? ASM definitely a PL player, Wilson will get suitors, maybe Willock can dine out on his run-in for one more move, maybe Dubravka might be a logical 2nd or 3rd choice for a top-half side, think that's about it really. Likes of Krafth, Manquillo, Almiron, surely going overseas for their next move. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Relegation will set back their progress a good few years. 

Hopefully they do what we did down there, some misguided moneyball bullshit and some good pros who know the league 

And not what we should have done and snap up as much young talent as we could offering them football every week 

Get relegated, buy the England / european u19 team, as they get better you get better, everything comes up together, that's the way to do it 

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'd be bearing records if they do stay up, never been done from here before 

Yes but I really really really want them to go down so they won’t. 

Edited by Wainy316
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Yes but I really really really want them to do down so they won’t. 

I want them to **** it up in the transfer market first, maybe even give themselves a little bit of hope and excitement before the inevitable happens 

We play them Feb so that's off the table, we could put the final nail in Norwich or Burnley though

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I want them to **** it up in the transfer market first, maybe even give themselves a little bit of hope and excitement before the inevitable happens 

We play them Feb so that's off the table, we could put the final nail in Norwich or Burnley though

I’d prefer them to get less points than we did

• Like 1

Shame Norwich couldn’t take the win against 10 men but a draw at home to the 2nd worst team in the division is pretty dreadful for Newcastle anyway. If Burnley can get something at the weekend it’s a long way back with the run that follows. They really did need for their takeover to happen before the summer as planned didn’t they? Shame

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'd be bearing records if they do stay up, never been done from here before 

Yeah, but no club in history will have as much to spend in January and a vision to sell to new players. 

I'm not saying they will stay up but I don't think past history is anything to go on here. 

Â