Christian Benteke

Kwan

It looks like he isnt going to sign a new contract anytime soon. Interested teams wont start annoying us for him untill the end of july IMO.

If i was Villa id let him wait untill next summer for a move. Its more of a point than anything else to other clubs and our players. We are taking risks getting all these young players in with potential. They cant think once they have 1 good season they can leave and likewise big clubs cant think we are a pushover.

There is more at stake here than Bentekke. Its the complete ethus of what we are trying to build.

I wonder sometimes if fans and players forget just how bad the economic situation is out there.

The US and UK are screwed. The UK can only cut it's deficit slightly which is adding each year to colossal debt. The US trade deficit actually grew the first quarter of this year!

There's an enormous banking crisis looming again (it was never actually fixed) in the UK which will probably be triggered by a house price collapse (once HTB fails and the london bubble bursts), Euro collapse or interest rates are forced up.

The point is Lerner won't/can't pay anything over what the club can sustain. I reckon 50k is the limit for the top players now and i am glad of that. If you can't live like a king on that then you don't deserve anything.

You sir are correct, 100% spot on.

True to a certain extent, but all Premier League clubs are going into the new tv deal this season and will be flushed with cash. Owners like lerner are hoping to freeze the wages and for once to have their clubs make a profit. Agents and players will want 200k a week deals. Fans would like tickets at sensible prices. I wonder who will win?

I increasingly dont care about this but I am pretty sure nothing will be sorted until the 31st of August- either he goes, or we will hang on to him for another year.

Thats basically it...it'll all come out in the wash.

ppl please stay calm lol is al this frustration because of 1 idiot who thinks he got inside information? ok if it works like that im gonna get involved.

my rumour is that benteke stays at aston villa.

You have to post the rumour on Twitter to validate it haha

Count me in the 'this has gone on for too long I don't care anymore' camp. Reminds me of the Barry saga - was upset when the first rumours started circulating but by the time it actually happened I was used to it and just didn't care.

I will be thrilled if he stays but if not, whatever. I have full confidence in Agbonlahor, Weimann and Helenius.

Count me in the 'this has gone on for too long I don't care anymore' camp. Reminds me of the Barry saga - was upset when the first rumours started circulating but by the time it actually happened I was used to it and just didn't care.

I will be thrilled if he stays but if not, whatever. I have full confidence in Agbonlahor, Weimann and Helenius.

This is pretty much where I'm at right now too. Though I'd be more inclined to tell him he's staying for another year regardless just to show the other players that we won't be held to ransom

This is pretty much where I'm at right now too. Though I'd be more inclined to tell him he's staying for another year regardless just to show the other players that we won't be held to ransom

Yes my point exactly. Promise him a move next season on the QT at the right price. That way both sides win

It looks like he isnt going to sign a new contract anytime soon. Interested teams wont start annoying us for him untill the end of july IMO.

If i was Villa id let him wait untill next summer for a move. Its more of a point than anything else to other clubs and our players. We are taking risks getting all these young players in with potential. They cant think once they have 1 good season they can leave and likewise big clubs cant think we are a pushover.

There is more at stake here than Bentekke. Its the complete ethus of what we are trying to build.

Precisely this.

Even though im confident the player will be staying, i will be fcuking seething if we give in and once again sell our top player. You dont progress by doing this, despite how much cash we get. Its about development of a young side, and selling the core ingredient at this time is insane from a football perspective and a financial one.

Lambert would also go ape.

On whats reported to have been said to a fan. Why would he say that? It does not make any sense.

If Benteke does want a move the smart thing to do would be to stay here another year and play the best he can, then he could really put himself in the shop window during the World Cup.

Something the Club and Lambert will be telling him and something im sure hes fully aware of. My advice to him would be that aswell has getting a new Agent, because the one he has now will eventually ruin his career.

• Like 1

Benteke doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. Every time he's opened his mouth recently, he's gotten himself into trouble.

Either that, or he has the worst luck with being mistranslated and misquoted. 

His agent, Eris Kismet, has 5 players on his books. Considering the others are Sinan Bolat, Mounir El Hamdaoui, Jordan Remacle and Domenico Bruzzese you can see why he might think Benteke is his meal ticket and getting a slice of a transfer fee / signing on bonus / big new wages is his only real chance of earning big money this summer.

I hope someone points out to Benteke that him making a move at this point would be far more beneficial (and much lower risk) to his agent than it would be to himself and so he might want to make this decision on his own.

Pretty much where I am at too.

I really want Benteke too stay but I also want this thing to be wrapped up so we know if we need another striker for the upcoming season. Benteke is crucial for us and losing him late july or in august would hurt us even more. I do have to admit that it is kinda worrying since I am pretty sure the initial report was that they would have talks after he had played for Belgium...

I  talked to Jack Woodward this morning and asked him whether he thought that Benteke would stay, and he said that it was a tricky one as Benteke wasn't about to "cut off his nose to spite his face." He felt that he would keep his options open in case a really top deal became available. That sounds sensible for CB so I guess that we shouldn't expect him to sign a new contract any time soon. (gentleman Jack is a really nice bloke by the way, so lay off him you lot!)

Â