Christian Benteke

Kwan

My Liverpool supporting friend today said, 'You should get around 12m for Benteke though'.

Brilliant.

£8m more than Downing. Was he being serious or trying to tease you?

It could be serious.

Tottenham and Liverpool fans are massively over-compensating for being small clubs left behind by the Champions League bigs guys.

They have to down-rate their estimates of Benteke's transfer value because the only way they can afford him is to steal him for much less than he is worth...

Funny how SSN were on about Liverpool signing a prospect from abroad (Mkhitaryan) for £20m yet they say they will bid £15m for Benteke.

Deluded press.

I think we all know its not only the press that are deluded!

He was being serious. 

I have genuinely never met a more deluded set of fans than Liverpool supporters.

Utter nonsense. 

They steal wheel trims, whats the difference?

PS Rename it " Liversteal"

Edited by TRO

Mkhitaryan is a little more than a prospect! He's a genius. I'd hate Liverpool to get him.

His footwork is Berbatovesque and has Lampardian positional sense.

For a midfielder his youtube compilation doesn't show any Gerradine long shots from midfield so he cannot be a direct replacement for Gerrard. Mkhitaryan is almost certainly going to be Suarez's replacement.

Mkhitaryan is a little more than a prospect! He's a genius. I'd hate Liverpool to get him.

His footwork is Berbatovesque and has Lampardian positional sense.

For a midfielder his youtube compilation doesn't show any Gerradine long shots from midfield so he cannot be a direct replacement for Gerrard. Mkhitaryan is almost certainly going to be Suarez's replacement.

Don't think Rodgers would be after a direct replacement for Gerrard. Don't get me wrong he's a superb athlete and footballer but he's not exactly the patient passing type that Rodgers goes for. Think it was Arrigo Sacchi that said he lacks any sort of footballing brain or something along those lines.

Mkhitaryan has been good this season I agree but he's still a prospect as he's obviously yet to make the step up to a big league.

Benteke is still a prospect for bigger teams than ourselves but he has proved himself worthy of the Premier League.

You wish. Liverpool can **** off, Benteke has to be the most idiotic person there is if he signs for them, he should aim for the best clubs out there if he leaves. Anything less than 30 is a joke.

Am I right in thinking, if anyone were to bid for Benteke, they'd not be able to until after July 1st ? Or could they strike a deal in principle beforehand ?

Do bids have to be made public ? Presumably if it's a plc (Utd) they do ??

Am I right in thinking, if anyone were to bid for Benteke, they'd not be able to until after July 1st ? Or could they strike a deal in principle beforehand ?

Do bids have to be made public ? Presumably if it's a plc (Utd) they do ??

You're right about the PLC thing, but a club can make a bid whenever they want, the player can only sign/join within a window.

This is complete and utter conspiracy theory-level gubbins, but I do find it a teeny tiny bit strange that Benteke - the Belgian chocolate in this season's bag of supermarket pick 'n' mix - is omitted from the cover of the new season review DVD.

0,,10265~11984960,00.jpg

Are we being subconsciously prepped for the departure of our monochrome monolith?  Should I wipe the foam from my mouth, don my tin-foil hat and stop listening to "the voices"? Whatever happened to that last packet of Doritos in my cupboard?  

*cue Twilight Zone music*

wow.. seriously.. why isn't he on the cover? the guy almost singlehanded saved villa's season.....  :wacko:  :blink:  :angry:  :bang:

Edited by Belgian guy

Â