Christian Benteke

Kwan

Morpheous is not acceptable to disagree with an opinion of someone once, and agree with them another time.

I know there is a level of credibility about Shearers view of a complete all round CF performance, however although Beneteke made a mistake (big **** deal who hasnt made one) the goal was preventable and not directly his fault so I disagreed with Shearer on that issue.

Of course it's acceptable to disagree but you've hit the nail on the head mentioning 'credibility.'

That's why Shearer's opinion wasn't accepted after the Man U game. It was implied that Shearer had no credibility as a pundit yet that credibility has now soared due to his more recent comment on Benteke. It's being too selective and that's my point. Either Shearer has credibility when criticising and complimenting one of our players or not at all.

We go round the flipping roundabout again. Plus mind your language, I haven't used foul language so what gives you the right to? So on the 3rd goal, was there any blame attributed to KEA for conceding the foul? Or for Stevens who let Hernandez have a free header? NO in your eyes it was directly Benteke's fault. Shearer mindly pointed out that he should have held onto it, which we all agree on however Shearer did not directly blame him for the goal which you did. On Europe, one poster said it as a joke but you expect everyone to understand the tone your coming from but you couldn't see the smiley faces against the 'top 4'. When did I say we'd win the Premiership? I have stated numerous times, this season will still be a struggle and thats including the result on Saturday, I am wise enough to see the bigger picture but also not short-sighted such as you to criticise everything. but i'll let you carry on as you make yourself look stupid.

The 'roundabout' comment is pretty ironic and please don't tell me what to do. You are certainly no mod.

You still haven't got it have you. Whether Shearer, or I, or indeed you are correct in who was at fault for that goal is not the point I'm trying to make. It is the credibility issue which I've yet again explained in the post above so who is stupid now?

Shearer was wrong when he said Benteke was at fault for Utd's 3rd goal, his mistake was just one of at least three resulting in that goal.

However even if he had been right it wouldn't detract from Benteke's ability as a striker, which Shearer recognised at the same time due to his contribution to our first goal.

People often hear and see what they want.

Which could be construed either way.

Just saw, 100% going to go purchase a Benteke 20 shirt to give to my future children, to see their father once met that player who now plays up top with Lionel Messi.

Messi is going to sign for Villa?

I'm really surprised a bigger deal hasn't been made about what should have been, IMO from where I was standing, a definite sending off for Benteke. I probably saw it wrong, but I'm sure he slapped Johnson. I couldn't believe it wasn't on MOTD and I haven't heard or read anything about it since, not even from Liverpool fans.

Did it actually happen or am I dreaming about Benteke again? Or did I just imagine it to be a bigger deal than it actually was?

• Like 1

Messi is going to sign for Villa?

Of course right after we win the League next season and do the treble the season after (PL,CL & FA). This is Lamberts plan all along what we don't know is that he was given £30 million in the summer, he only spent £10 million of it saving the rest. He's going to do this every window until Messi gives a come get me plea in the media..

*I wish

The reason Morpheus was ridiculed was because of the ridiculous decision to blame the entirety of the goal down to Benteke when it was a large sequence of events.

I don't believe Shearer was correct in saying "It was all Benteke's fault" and i'm not quite sure he even said that at all.

However that is what Morpheus said "It was all Benteke's fault" which was an opinionated answer (and IMO wrong)

When Shearer said the correct thing, by saying Benteke is a cracking centre forward, he is right. Because he has turned out to be a great buy for us. So therefore people will back Shearer's comment because it is a true statement.

When we signed this lad I read that he had been booed at every club he played for. When I saw the size of him I though he would be a bit of a carthorse and would need a long time to settle in. It is great to be proved wrong.

Don't you wish your striker was Benteke!

The reason Morpheus was ridiculed was because of the ridiculous decision to blame the entirety of the goal down to Benteke when it was a large sequence of events.

I don't believe Shearer was correct in saying "It was all Benteke's fault" and i'm not quite sure he even said that at all.

However that is what Morpheus said "It was all Benteke's fault" which was an opinionated answer (and IMO wrong)

When Shearer said the correct thing, by saying Benteke is a cracking centre forward, he is right. Because he has turned out to be a great buy for us. So therefore people will back Shearer's comment because it is a true statement.

The comment i was referring to implied that no matter what Shearer said concerning Benteke and Man U's third goal, his credibility as a pundit was such that his opinion wouldn't be accepted! Hence my reference to Shearer's comment after the game on Saturday which has been accepted and indeed used to ridicule not only myself but other posters as well.

Double standards, being selective, call it what you like, but if Shearer's credibility is acceptable when he is complimenting one of our players it should also be accepted when he criticises, especially when it's the same player.

Did it actually happen or am I dreaming about Benteke again? Or did I just imagine it to be a bigger deal than it actually was?

I've watched the entire game and the extended highlights and I didn't see it and it wouldn't be like Liverpool not to make a big deal of it if it did happen. So I'm guessing it didn't although I did see a picture of the two facing up to each other.

The comment i was referring to implied that no matter what Shearer said concerning Benteke and Man U's third goal, his credibility as a pundit was such that his opinion wouldn't be accepted! Hence my reference to Shearer's comment after the game on Saturday which has been accepted and indeed used to ridicule not only myself but other posters as well.

Double standards, being selective, call it what you like, but if Shearer's credibility is acceptable when he is complimenting one of our players it should also be accepted when he criticises, especially when it's the same player.

If Shearer blamed Benteke entirely for the 3rd goal (I don't think he did) then IMO he was wrong. If he didn't ENTIRELY blame Benteke then fair enough.

So in that case people had the right to believe Shearer was wrong.

However Benteke clearly played very well against Liverpool, so he was praised by Shearer - who in this case was seen to be right.

Alan Shearer can be wrong sometimes and right other times you know.

Nonetheless this is a pointless debate and Benteke is a **** beast. End of.

Â